Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:00:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's talk about homemade bots  (Read 187 times)
Fukai_Gakushuu (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:55:22 PM

Hi everyone!

I would like to present you my trading bots. Their objective is too make small trades on the short term (some minutes or some hours), on alcoins with a correct volume and with a potential to moon (kind of failed these last weeks Tongue)

Anyway, here is the sum of my daily P&Ls on various altcoins (knowing that I earn less than that because the altcoins i'm generating as a reserve with the bots are plunging since I started).
I started mid February (on this version of the bot) with 0.75BTC and now, although almost all the coins have plunged, I have 0.92BTC (without taking any short position).

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/10/5/1520628006-pnl.png

Don't hesitate to comment if you have suggestions on how to avoid this P&L halving due to the fluctuations of the altcoins.
Or if you have any question, I would be happy to give advices if you want to create your bot. If everyone does it, we'll have more volume, more liquidity and more stability on the cryptocurrencies !
squdsi1

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:18:53 AM

i would love some more info on how to make a bot. very impressive.
Fukai_Gakushuu (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:00:15 PM

i would love some more info on how to make a bot. very impressive.

If you want to start, you can check tutorials on how to use APIs of your favorite exchanges, most of them are using Python. You'll learn how to place an order, cancel it, read the order book etc... Then you just need to implement your strategy Smiley

Although if you don't know how to code, start by learning, it will always be useful, and you really need to get that kind of if/else logic to make trading bots.
cakmabokgot

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:33:18 PM

Hey!
I know pHP but no idea about rubys
Do you have any reference sites? I would love to make my own bot...
I would really appreciate it...
debuni
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:02:28 PM

Every serious trader is using own bots, or at least this is my logic. I have a dozen, for almost every popular exchange.

We can't comment much on your bot as you gave us a single profit graph. But TBH I would't disclose what my bots are doing either. Anyway, good luck - making bots and automating stuff is the right path to more profits and more free time.
toucan.crypto

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:10:08 PM

Hi everyone!

I would like to present you my trading bots. Their objective is too make small trades on the short term (some minutes or some hours), on alcoins with a correct volume and with a potential to moon (kind of failed these last weeks Tongue)

Anyway, here is the sum of my daily P&Ls on various altcoins (knowing that I earn less than that because the altcoins i'm generating as a reserve with the bots are plunging since I started).
I started mid February (on this version of the bot) with 0.75BTC and now, although almost all the coins have plunged, I have 0.92BTC (without taking any short position).

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/10/5/1520628006-pnl.png

Don't hesitate to comment if you have suggestions on how to avoid this P&L halving due to the fluctuations of the altcoins.
Or if you have any question, I would be happy to give advices if you want to create your bot. If everyone does it, we'll have more volume, more liquidity and more stability on the cryptocurrencies !

Surely the most interesting thing would be to know what algorithm you are using.
Making it fully open-source would even better: sharing is caring, and like you said, it would increase (at least by a little) global liquidity, notably if it use limit orders.

Doing market makers bots for small markets with big spread would also be great and healthy for the corresponding markets. With a good strategy, and, if needed, human supervision, it can prove very profitable.

overall, congratulations for what you have achieved but I think you need to disclose a lot of more specific details: does it short? does it market buy? what's the underlying algorithm? have you back tested it? are you confident it would never fail? what are the exact markets you've used it on so far? any idea to make it more safe/successful?
goyal.dkg

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:14:39 PM

interesting to know this .
but still i believe on manual trading bcoz strategy may change any time in such markets as waves fails many times .
so strategy is always dynamic .
celtic99

Activity: 364
Merit: 41

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:42:33 PM

It's easy to manipulate bots with fake offers though, Using a bot could backfire BIG time.
ilnick

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:59:10 PM

It's hard to comment on your bot, since the algorithm is not known. You talk about liquidity for the ability to trade a large volume. It should be noted that with an increase in market liquidity, the algorithm may change. Do you consider this?
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:23:04 PM

How long has it been since you started programming this?

Which version is it?

Planning about releasing it or not?

Since which version can you see some solid profits?
Fukai_Gakushuu (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:07:51 PM

Wow, there is a lot more interest that I would have imagined Smiley

So yeah, obviously I can't share too much information about my bots, but I would be happy to talk about general problems one can encounter with bots.

I started making it mid January, after noticing that my trading strategies were profitable. The only problem is that I couldn't stay in front of the market all the time (I need to work and sleep also :p). At first I was only letting the bot run under my supervision.
The hardest moment was to let it work during a full night without looking, but then in the morning everything went fine and I'm pretty confident now.

I'm always working on it, but I'm now really close to the definitive version. Overtime I corrected a lot of bugs and coded little features, to avoid trading when I have the suspicion that someone would be manipulating the markets to take advantage of the bot's strategy.

Every serious trader is using own bots, or at least this is my logic. I have a dozen, for almost every popular exchange.

We can't comment much on your bot as you gave us a single profit graph. But TBH I would't disclose what my bots are doing either. Anyway, good luck - making bots and automating stuff is the right path to more profits and more free time.

Cool I'm not alone! Although you look more advanced than I am. How long have you been using trading bots on the crypto markets?

So to answer questions:

overall, congratulations for what you have achieved but I think you need to disclose a lot of more specific details: does it short? does it market buy? what's the underlying algorithm? have you back tested it? are you confident it would never fail? what are the exact markets you've used it on so far? any idea to make it more safe/successful?

It doesn't short (this is a problem on the markets i'm working on because as I said, it means I need a little bag of the altcoin to be able to trade in both ways and it makes it relatively sensible to the market fluctuation)
It can market buy if a person puts an order that is really off my market range.
I won't share the algorithm Smiley
I cannot back test it as I'm creating and taking orders that wouldn't be there if I didn't put my bot on the market.
It can actually fail, and it has, but the idea is to use it on different altcoins and on a larger time period so that on average, it's never failing to make profits (for the moment)
I already tried some stuff to make it less sensible to market fluctuation (check the graph, on the weekend of the 5-6 of march, I wasn't home and I let it run with the objective of keeping the minimum amount of altcoins, but it was not efficient at all, so I went back to the old method)

interesting to know this .
but still i believe on manual trading bcoz strategy may change any time in such markets as waves fails many times .
so strategy is always dynamic .

I don't like manual trading, because if you have strategy that is not based on emotions, just on market analysis, it means you can make a procedure out of it and then code it. My bot is relatively dynamic, as it can understand trends and stop buying thousands of a dropping coin.

It's easy to manipulate bots with fake offers though, Using a bot could backfire BIG time.

Yes exactly, I've coded some specific conditions to stop any trading if I have the slightest doubt about market manipulation. I talked with an algorithmic trader on the stock markets that told me about stories of manipulation.

It's hard to comment on your bot, since the algorithm is not known. You talk about liquidity for the ability to trade a large volume. It should be noted that with an increase in market liquidity, the algorithm may change. Do you consider this?

Yep if the liquidity increases too much and the spreads are reduced to nothing, this current bot won't be able to earn so much. It's just coded to stop trade on any too liquid altcoin. I have the project of making another type of bots for really liquids markets (like USD BTC) but it will take some time to finish it.

How long has it been since you started programming this?

Which version is it?

Planning about releasing it or not?

Since which version can you see some solid profits?

I started programming mid January.
There is no version number, I make improvements everyday Smiley
I don't think I can release it, if it worked against itself, it would create a price war and reduce the profits drastically.
I'm making profits since the beginning, as it's just the formalization of a manual strategy I had.
justin86

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:40:32 PM

I never use any of the bots, for me bots must be open source otherwise I can't trust them though I don't look at bots, some might be open source as well. In some situations, they are really good.

Fukai_Gakushuu (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:49:09 PM

I never use any of the bots, for me bots must be open source otherwise I can't trust them though I don't look at bots, some might be open source as well. In some situations, they are really good.

Yes exactly, don't use bots you didn't code yourself. Even if it's opensource, someone can predict how the bot is going to react by studying the code, and manipulate the market to take advantage of it. This is why my bots are only for my own trading activities.
toucan.crypto

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:30:35 PM

Yep if the liquidity increases too much and the spreads are reduced to nothing, this current bot won't be able to earn so much. It's just coded to stop trade on any too liquid altcoin. I have the project of making another type of bots for really liquids markets (like USD BTC) but it will take some time to finish it.

So I guess it's "spread bot", what you'd call a dealer in traditional stock markets
that's interesting because I was thinking about coding one, there is plenty of not-so-much liquid market on medium market cap coins
but you still have to guess how the market will "move": will people tend more to sell at your bid or to buy your ask. how do you manage that without human supervision?
NASer122

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

Borderless for the People, Frictionless for the Ba

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:32:54 PM

I don't like robots very much. High-frequency trading does make money, but it is also a good choice to hold bitcoin.

T r a x i o n                              TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY        Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
GITHUB     TELEGRAM     MEDIUM     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     REDDIT     YOUTUBE
JuniAiko

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 04:41:26 PM

After the hacked-bot used on the Binance platform (not Binance fault -- and they handled it superbly incurring a loss on themselves to reverse the hack, when they didn't have to), people will have to be pretty brave to use 3rd party bots? -- though not saying that this one is a "Trojan-bot" too, but just providing caution to the community. Wink

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
usmanov123

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Chikuntv

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:49:44 PM

After the latest binance hack Im staying away from any kinda things
Fukai_Gakushuu (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:25:15 PM

So I guess it's "spread bot", what you'd call a dealer in traditional stock markets
that's interesting because I was thinking about coding one, there is plenty of not-so-much liquid market on medium market cap coins
but you still have to guess how the market will "move": will people tend more to sell at your bid or to buy your ask. how do you manage that without human supervision?

Exactly, especially knowing that the cryptos are so volatile! I'm not actually putting the first bid or first ask, depending on the conditions, I go a bit deeper in the order book, I can also modulate the amounts trading to reduce my exposure. I implemented a lot of parameters to adapt as good as possible to the market.
JuniAiko

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 05:31:58 PM

After the latest binance hack Im staying away from any kinda things

To be accurate, it isn't Binance being hacked, but the bot that ppl used on Binance.
It could happen on any exchanges, but that bot was built for the Binance API and the ones affected exposed their API keys to the bot.
I don't think Binance should have reversed their loss at their own cost IMO, since it wasn't their fault.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
Fukai_Gakushuu (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:03:53 PM

After the hacked-bot used on the Binance platform (not Binance fault -- and they handled it superbly incurring a loss on themselves to reverse the hack, when they didn't have to), people will have to be pretty brave to use 3rd party bots? -- though not saying that this one is a "Trojan-bot" too, but just providing caution to the community. Wink

You should never give your API keys to a third party as they basically give full access to your money (no password and no double authentication).

I don't plan to let people use my bot, so no worries here haha
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: