Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:16:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The "HODL" theory is dead – Use “CARIGN” instead  (Read 179 times)
bituperio (OP)

Activity: 208
Merit: 13

TRUSTED CARS ICO

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:01:22 PM

We have seen BTC drop in value around 40%, we have seen Ethereum drop around 60% and as I am writing this is still sliding. Most people hodling has lost of 50% of whatever they had or possibly more. Perhaps instead of “HODLING” we all should start to think about “CARIGN” about the market moves and learn how to prepare for adverse circumstances.

There are tools out there available to protect you against large loses. Learn to use them before you jump both feet in.

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:09:46 PM

Interesting wordplay and sound advice!!!!!!!!!!!
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:15:46 PM

We have seen BTC drop in value around 40%, we have seen Ethereum drop around 60% and as I am writing this is still sliding. Most people hodling has lost of 50% of whatever they had or possibly more. Perhaps instead of “HODLING” we all should start to think about “CARIGN” about the market moves and learn how to prepare for adverse circumstances.

There are tools out there available to protect you against large loses. Learn to use them before you jump both feet in.

Hodling may be wrong in the short term. But it could be effective in the long run. And only a small portion of crypto guys have the time to watch the charts all day long, right?

beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:21:53 PM

The scenario of the beginning of growth of bitcoin is repeated as in the previous years, but it looks a bit different than it was before.  If I understand everything correctly, then bitcoin is now specially omitted in the price, preparing the entrance for the major players.  The price may drop to 6-5k or even to 3k.  Fake news may again appear (such as breaking the Binance exchange).So I'm "HODL" and I'm sure of it.
andrey111

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:22:33 PM

If you have long held the strategy to keep, you should know that long-term retention can not do without falls. What we are now observing. All you need to recover is just to wait.
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:24:31 PM

When we look at history of well established coins like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Dash and even dogecoin, we see, that mostly all of the coins have multiplied their price. Bitcoin was on 900$ last year, Litecoin on 4$, Ethereum on 20$ as I remeber right, Dash on 50$ and Dogecoin on 0.000019 $ . As long as I don't see any prooved indicator for certain shortterm trades, I will keep the majority of my funds on longterm hodl, independent from drops. The cryptocurrencies are still on beginning stage of popularity, so I still expect a growth.
Borin

Activity: 260
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:24:53 PM

On crypto still work idea ,,buy and forgot, at least for one year``.   Better wait than looking every day on charts, where only what can grow is our depression...
Ultegra134

Activity: 1596
Merit: 785

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:25:21 PM

Hodling may be wrong in the short term. But it could be effective in the long run. And only a small portion of crypto guys have the time to watch the charts all day long, right?
Indeed, holding is a long-term process, long term is defined by at least a year, anything below that is short-term. While traders bear the fruits of the market's volatility, by purchasing in dips and selling in price pumps constantly, holders despise the stress and anxiety of keeping track of charts and statistics daily, reducing the risk of losing their funds by foul operations.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
lyons

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

Vertex.Market, the World's First ICO Aftermarket

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:27:03 PM

I think holding is still an effective way to save the investments, if you are investing in for long term. Also, I think characteristics of the coins are really important to make holding decision.

iigor

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:30:15 PM

I still believe that holding is far better option. The most important is to what time frame is used to measure movement of the price. For example Bitcoin if you use one year to measure you will see that a Bitcoin is making very big progress for the last year.

smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:30:53 PM

I still consider holding for a specific period of time a good investment move or strategy but I make sure I only apply it to a good coin with a high potential in the market, usually coins that are considered solid investment time has proven that it is profitable to do so.
Grim149x

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 09:36:19 PM

Good idea but I will still stick to HODL because I'm in for the long term. Everything will get better later on. If people really understand the technology then they should not fear much.

heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:36:45 PM

Are you playing with words by using "Carign". Quite interesting though. In my own opinion, holding is never a bad idea, it all depends on you as a person. Short term holding is not always good. When you hold for long term, then holding becomes profitable. That i see to be the logic behind it. Notwithstanding, you can never stop dumpers from dumping.
Asgar 9

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:52:11 PM

Hodl is a very good strategy, but there is always a time when you doubt. It is necessary to understand that sometimes there are hard times for investments, but it will end and everything will soon start to change in a good way. Just need to wait.
mikfresh

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:51:44 AM

Good tip. Just holding strong won't be enough to grant you a good paycheck in the end. We need to be flexible and versatile in our investments. That's how we can make it through!
Rkoshay

Activity: 96
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:05:32 AM

Okay, with HODL standing for Hold On For Dear Life, I'm wondering What does CARIGN stand for?  I tried looking it up in Crypto dictionaries but no luck there............... Could it be 'Consolidate Arrange Research Investigate Get Now'?  Almost definitely not. Any insight into the meaning of the acronym would be appreciated.
laguseklik

Activity: 254
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:08:34 AM

I'm new trader, I don't know what CARIGN... what it is? someone please explain it to me

Oops, there is no signature...
Achargeturry78

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

Just follow the rules

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:13:10 AM

Its better to use DYOR
qqq5817827

Activity: 148

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:20:17 AM

Judging the ups and downs is a very difficult thing. Long-term holding is a kind of risky solution in my opinion.
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:55:02 AM

hold theory is done with a very long period of time, not only in the short term, and also the long term that means can be up to years

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: