Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:50:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Waves Wallet Question  (Read 101 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1750
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:01:02 PM

Hey all got a question.  Can someone tell me how i would transfer my waves to a brand new waves lite client wallet where i would get a brand new seed?  Also is the seed 15 words?

I know that in electrum, you could do it easily such as create new wallet and get a new seed.  Then send btc from old electrum to new electrum.

I basically want to transfer all my waves to another waves wallet and get a brand new seed.
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1750
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:26:20 PM

Im confused here.  You want me to create a brand new waves account?  Then once i do that, write down the new 15 word phrase.  Then i log into my old waves account and send the waves from the old account to new account?  But what about liquid, waves community token and all those other coins then?  Could i transfer it all to the new waves wallet or i cannot do this?
Alf Brur

Activity: 51
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:38:12 PM

Im confused here.  You want me to create a brand new waves account?  Then once i do that, write down the new 15 word phrase.  Then i log into my old waves account and send the waves from the old account to new account?  But what about liquid, waves community token and all those other coins then?  Could i transfer it all to the new waves wallet or i cannot do this?

Yes, you log into your old waves account and send the waves from the old account to the new account as usual between adresses. What about other tokens in your old waves account - it's better to ask support.  You will obtain 100% true information.   
Good luck.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2721724

jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:20:05 PM

Yes the seed contains 15 English words.
It is easy to create new account in waves just like in electrum. If you are using waves lite client,  just open your lite client, (log out your old account if currently logged in) click create new account, read the notice carefully, back up your new seed, then assign a name and password.

If you want to transfer all your waves and tokens to your new account, it's possible, but a bit of a hassle since you'll do it manually one by one. In the client, go to Portfolio > choose the token you want to send > click transfer. All you have to do is enter the recipient's address and the amount.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: