Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:29:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Canelo Alvarez tested positive on a banned substance  (Read 470 times)
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:16:44 PM

That is a common issue for mexican boxers. No doubt why alvarez can take Triple G's hardest punches. Tho it is still disappointing that after he became what he is right now. He still continue to use the this type of substance. I am not sure tho if the fight was canceled.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:59:53 PM

I don't know if boxing fans here are aware of the latest news:

For those who have yet to hear, it was announced on Monday that Saul “Canelo” Alvarez had tested positive for “trace levels” of Clenbuterol during voluntary pre-fight screening for banned substances ahead of his May 5 rematch with Gennady Golovkin.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article32541.html

They blame it on the contaminated meat in Mexico which is really plaguing the country now. But I don't know if this is intentional or what and they are pointing fingers to the meat industry for using Clen to raised and breed their cattles to be more lean with less fat on it.

What's your take on this?

But I hope that GGG vs Alvarez II will push thru this May to settle once and for all who is the true p4p king.

They probably didn't think they'd be caught and blamed it on the meat. I don't buy it. Although i'd love to see the rematch with GGG, canelo probably don't believe he can beat the guy fair and square. I don't think he can beat golovkin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Baofeng (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:17:26 PM

Here's the latest update on this drama.

Saul Alvarez passes two drug tests after Clenbuterol scare threatened Gennady Golovkin rematch

The 27-year-old switched his training base to the US and volunteered for additional testing to prove his innocence.

And after the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association tested him on March 3 and 5 - finding no banned substances - the Golovkin bout looks set to go ahead.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxing/5773326/saul-alvarez-passes-drug-tests-gennady-golovkin-rematch/

So its already a GO. So for now let's say we should all blame the Mexican cattle farm industry for using Clen. Lol. Another great fight for the fans.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:39:45 PM

Whether we like it or not, it looks like Canelo Alvarez legacy is already tainted with the failed drug test. And no matter what explanation or excuses, not only in boxing, in the public eyes, once you are caught you are a cheater, your credibility in question.

Interesting to see how one expert opinion on the matter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKXiWuF86BU

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Baofeng (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:03:04 PM

GGG making a lot of noise or maybe hyping the fight. As he called Canelo a cheater.

Golovkin is not buying Canelo's excuse, which several other athletes have used in the country - including other boxers like Erik Morales, Francisco Vargas and Luis Nery.

"Again with Mexican meat? Come on," Golovkin said to media members on Tuesday.

"I told you, it's not Mexican meat. This is Canelo. This is his team. This is his promotion. ... Canelo is cheating. They're using these drugs, and everybody is just trying to pretend it's not happening."

https://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-canelo-cheating-using-drugs-de-la-hoya-dirty--126405

We can understand where GGG is coming from. And I agree that it will somewhat put a stain of Canelo from his past and future fights. And his opponents can make a excuses that he is on PEDs, when this lost.  Grin

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Baofeng (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:33:43 AM

Canelo Alvarez to have April 10 hearing after temporary suspension

The Nevada State Athletic Commission temporarily suspended Canelo Alvarez on Friday due to his two positive tests for the banned substance clenbuterol, commission executive director Bob Bennett told ESPN.

Alvarez will be required to appear at a commission hearing on the issue on April 10, less than a month before he is to challenge unified middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin on May 5 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas in a rematch of their controversial draw in September. ‎

The commission could suspend him further, placing the rematch in significant jeopardy.

http://tv5.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/22889219/canelo-alvarez-temporarily-suspended-nevada-state-athletic-commission

So the fight is still up in the air. But I'm sure that they will let this fight push through. Maybe the Nevada Commission just put this as front so that it will looks like they are really bring fair here.

There's too much money in the line that I doubt that they will jeopardized this fight. One way to do is have Canelo submitted for random blood or urine testing to see if he is actually using Clen or not.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:57:43 AM

Canelo Alvarez to have April 10 hearing after temporary suspension

The Nevada State Athletic Commission temporarily suspended Canelo Alvarez on Friday due to his two positive tests for the banned substance clenbuterol, commission executive director Bob Bennett told ESPN.

Alvarez will be required to appear at a commission hearing on the issue on April 10, less than a month before he is to challenge unified middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin on May 5 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas in a rematch of their controversial draw in September. ‎

The commission could suspend him further, placing the rematch in significant jeopardy.

http://tv5.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/22889219/canelo-alvarez-temporarily-suspended-nevada-state-athletic-commission

So the fight is still up in the air. But I'm sure that they will let this fight push through. Maybe the Nevada Commission just put this as front so that it will looks like they are really bring fair here.

There's too much money in the line that I doubt that they will jeopardized this fight. One way to do is have Canelo submitted for random blood or urine testing to see if he is actually using Clen or not.

Yes, I don't think that NSAC will postponed the fight because its schedule on Cinco-de-Mayo as we all know if being celebrated in US soil and as far as I can remember Oscar dela Hoya almost loves to fight around that time because its like New Year, of course resulting to more ticket sales.

I just pity GGG, because he really don't know if the fight will still push through because we don't know what will be the NSAC final decision. Maybe he will just continue to train and hope that the fight will go as plan and be ready.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Baofeng (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:12:53 PM

Well it look likes Canelo is withdrawing his fight with Golovkin because its unlikely the NSAC will likely allow him to fight and might be looking for a long term suspension. See the video below.

http://fighthype.com/news/article32862.html

So Golovkin will have to look for another dancing partner here. I hope that the rematch will push immediately as Golovkin i not getting any younger as well.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Fasunathan

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:52:27 AM

For those who have yet to hear, it was announced on Monday that Saul “Canelo” Alvarez had tested positive for “trace levels” of Clenbuterol during voluntary pre-fight screening for banned substances ahead of his May 5 rematch with Gennady Golovkin.

They blame it on the contaminated meat in Mexico which is really plaguing the country now. But I don't know if this is intentional or what and they are pointing fingers to the meat industry for using Clen to raised and breed their cattles to be more lean with less fat on it.

But I hope that GGG vs Alvarez II will push thru this May to settle once and for all who is the true p4p king.
The reputation of some Mexican boxing superstars were tainted when it comes to banned substance use. I saw the fight between Alvarez vs Golovkin and i could say that GGG dominated Alvarez through out the fight and how much more if he had not used that banned substance.  Smiley
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:14:11 PM

Well it look likes Canelo is withdrawing his fight with Golovkin because its unlikely the NSAC will likely allow him to fight and might be looking for a long term suspension. See the video below.

http://fighthype.com/news/article32862.html

So Golovkin will have to look for another dancing partner here. I hope that the rematch will push immediately as Golovkin i not getting any younger as well.
I really think that he should be suspended as well because it's without doubt that he has been doping for a very long time now and he has been able to evade them but has been unlucky to have been caught this time around. Doping is not good for the sports and all measures should be taken against him irrespective of the excuses that he brings forth.
Jating

Activity: 2926
Merit: 808

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:25:02 PM

The reputation of some Mexican boxing superstars were tainted when it comes to banned substance use. I saw the fight between Alvarez vs Golovkin and i could say that GGG dominated Alvarez through out the fight and how much more if he had not used that banned substance.  Smiley

It's really was a close fight. But I still do believed that Golovkin won the first fight. Yeah it looks like some Mexican boxing stars were caught and was allowed to continue and still fight. But I guess Saul Alvarez case was different, I can only speculate that the NSAC may have been found "conclusive' evidence to warrant Saul to be suspended, that's why Golden Boy pre-empts it by having Saul Alvarez withdraw the fight in anticipation of the NSAC suspension.

This will really put a question mark on Canelo's record specially after he retires. This will haunt him and detractors will used this argument to attack his reputation.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:09:48 PM

I guess it's no wonder he was able to withstand the beast that is Golovkin for 12 rounds, I mean Canelo's physique was seriously ripped for the fight which would have been suspicious if he wasn't an elite level fighter. Just goes to show what a complete monster Golovkin is, he was fighting (and arguably beating) the second best fighter in his weight category, a man 10 years his junior, a man who used performance enhancing drugs, and STILL beat/drew with him. Barring the score card fiasco (I really hope that judge isn't working for boxing anymore, outrageous), he clearly won the fight in terms of shots landed and heaviest hits. That being said Canelo is still a great fighter, just sucks that he had to stoop to this level against Golovkin.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Baofeng (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:28:00 PM

I guess it's no wonder he was able to withstand the beast that is Golovkin for 12 rounds, I mean Canelo's physique was seriously ripped for the fight which would have been suspicious if he wasn't an elite level fighter. Just goes to show what a complete monster Golovkin is, he was fighting (and arguably beating) the second best fighter in his weight category, a man 10 years his junior, a man who used performance enhancing drugs, and STILL beat/drew with him. Barring the score card fiasco (I really hope that judge isn't working for boxing anymore, outrageous), he clearly won the fight in terms of shots landed and heaviest hits. That being said Canelo is still a great fighter, just sucks that he had to stoop to this level against Golovkin.

Great analyst mate. Just by looking at his physique during the fight one has to wonder how he get so ripped with more muscle and less body fat. Again, we may compare it to another Mexican great JMM, who went from flabby to a hulk during the last fight with Manny Pacquiao and everyone was accusing him of taking performance enhancing drugs (PED), sadly though Manny was KO cold.

Going back to Canelo we all know how tough he is, but we have the same observation. He was able to stand toe to toe with Golovkin and sometimes looks stronger and the heavier puncher between the two that sometimes its hard not to question if he has already taken PEDS during the fight to be able to get that body to the next level.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Baofeng (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:42:57 PM

Another twist in the drama. It was reported that Canelo Alvarez went into a hospital in Mexico to undergo a knee surgery. Maybe he is taking advantage of his suspension or probably he really needed this surgery, which is the first time we heard that he is injured. But at least Golden Boy, his promoter confirms that he really did go to a hospital but neither confirms if its all about his knee or something else.

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-alvarez-surgery-cosmetic-says-golden-boy--127145

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 12:41:24 AM

It's easy to say that it came from meat but what I don't understand is that do they have proof that it can be found in meat? If you think about it, we should test all the meat that we eat and see if there is a possible "banned substance" included in the meat. If ever there is, there is a small chance that it could be detected because if you eat only a small portion like 0.02 mg of something, it's too tiny of weight to be identified in your system. That's just my thought about it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Fasunathan

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:39:04 AM

It's easy to say that it came from meat but what I don't understand is that do they have proof that it can be found in meat? If you think about it, we should test all the meat that we eat and see if there is a possible "banned substance" included in the meat. If ever there is, there is a small chance that it could be detected because if you eat only a small portion like 0.02 mg of something, it's too tiny of weight to be identified in your system. That's just my thought about it.
I think the substance is not from the meat because you are right we just eat a small amount of it. Illegal substance use is common to mexican boxers just like in the case of Julio Ceasar Chavez Jr. In my opinion they used illegal substance to have advantage over GGG because they know that they will lose that fight.
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:14:57 AM

I doubt it, I read some news about Canelo Alvarez who thought that he was wearing doping, but after the test result was not proven, yes because he is one of the athletes yes can be said very good and honest.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 07:48:17 AM

I think the substance is not from the meat because you are right we just eat a small amount of it. Illegal substance use is common to mexican boxers just like in the case of Julio Ceasar Chavez Jr. In my opinion they used illegal substance to have advantage over GGG because they know that they will lose that fight.
Probably it's like that. It's going to be a negative impact for his team. Something like that shouldn't be tolerated especially in professional sports. I think there are other people or sportsmen do that but hide it. It's sad that they are trying to do shortcuts.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Baofeng (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:29:00 PM

Probably it's like that. It's going to be a negative impact for his team. Something like that shouldn't be tolerated especially in professional sports. I think there are other people or sportsmen do that but hide it. It's sad that they are trying to do shortcuts.

We can only speculate if he is really using PED's or not. But again, we wouldn't be suspended if they haven't found high enough dosage on his system. How much meat this he consume really? Yes, he and his team are now tainted because of this news. But I still wanted to see the fight and we can compare it against his performance in the first fight and at least see some 'difference' specially in his body composition and strength.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Baofeng (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:03:05 PM

Its final: NSAC has suspended Canelo Alvarez for 6 months.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission voted unanimously Wednesday to extend Canelo Alvarez’s temporary suspension to six months at its monthly meeting in Las Vegas.

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-alvarez-suspended-six-months-failing-ped-tests--127289

So most likely the rematch with Golovkin will happen around September. Golovkin though will still push for the supposedly schedule fight on May 5 against Vanes Martirosyan.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████