Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:55:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Montreal] Bitcoin Embassy's third meetup, October 19th 2013  (Read 4290 times)
Bitcoin Embassy (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 08:00:37 PM

Bitcoin Embassy - October 2013 Meetup

Hello again from your Montreal Bitcoin Embassy.

We want to thank the Bitcoin community for the great success of our previous monthly meetups.  The meetups had large turnouts and we have been seeing some great results! Don't miss our next gathering on Saturday October 19th, 2013 at 2:30pm at the Bitcoin Embassy offices located at 3485 St-Laurent Boul., Montreal.

Keeping track
  • New exciting activities during our meetups
  • Startup incubator and progress on the Bitcoin store project
  • The Bitcoin Embassy at conferences and events

New exciting activities during our meetups
We are adding a new treat for our next meetup: we are going to be hosting our very first Satoshi Square. Yes, in addition to New York and L.A., Montreal will now have its own event!

“Satoshi Square” are local events named after Union Square Park, NY where several Bitcoin users met on May 6, 2013 to hold the very first open-air marketplace. Participants usually trade bitcoins for dollars, as well as goods (T-shirts, stickers, etc.). Amongst other things this meetup will include fun and useful demos on how to buy your first Bitcoin or add Bitcoin to your existent wallet. Come experience how easy, fast, and effective transactions can be. All you have to do is bring your fiat money (cash) and mobile device or laptop. We'll show you the rest.

Startup incubator and progress on the Bitcoin store project
With regards to our startup incubator projects, we are also pleased to announce Bylls - a payment processing system that allows you to pay your bills directly with Bitcoin. We are also working on bringing you other new and innovative services, all under one roof.  The renovations of the upcoming Bitcoin store and education space on the ground floor are well under way, as we prepare for our grand opening!

The Bitcoin Embassy at conferences and events
Our staff has been traveling representing the Bitcoin Embassy at conferences and networking with other very talented groups working on innovative projects, products, and services related to Bitcoin in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Brussels, and Cambridge.

We want to send a shout out to Eric Spano, founder and CEO of Bylls. Eric spoke on the mainstream adoption panel at the European Bitcoin Convention in Amsterdam.

During the GNU project 30th anniversary hackathon at MIT in Cambridge (MA) and at the Mozilla Summit in Brussels, Fabián Rodríguez, our Chief Ambassador, represented us to show our support for free open source software projects. His focus as an active contributor was on creating awareness for Bitcoin and for our Open Source development lab.

Don't forget to register for our meetup on Saturday October 19th, 2013 at 2:30pm at the Bitcoin Embassy offices located at 3485 St-Laurent Boul., Montreal:
https://bitcoinmontreal1910.eventbrite.ca/
https://www.facebook.com/events/530862663666019

Whether you have already met the Bitcoin Embassy team or are a newcomer to the Bitcoin space we welcome you to join us and share about Bitcoin and its future propagation and success.

To learn more about the Bitcoin Embassy, please visit http://www.bitcoinembassy.ca

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyDisco

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 08:11:12 PM

Fantastic news! I will see you guys next Saturday

The Bitcoin Catalog

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 04:20:33 AM

Count me in as usual

The Bitcoin Catalog: Second edition coming out in November! Click here for a  FREE pdf catalog!
Follow us on twitter! @BTCcatalog
Gyom
Donator

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 02:16:49 PM

Can't wait for Satoshi Square!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 08:54:58 PM

Can't wait for Satoshi Square!
its to bad i missed the last meetup. was a busy weekend, and i was gonna be late so i decided not to go, you know...

i'll be at the next one for sure!

I would love to sell or buy some bitcoin at the Satoshi Square

we should have a website where we can place bids/ask and when you fill an order you email the buyer or seller meetup at the square and Trade!  i'm sure theirs a health market, I'd be part of the market, trading with no fees  

Cheesy

The Bitcoin Catalog

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 04:50:20 AM

See ya tomorrow!

The Bitcoin Catalog: Second edition coming out in November! Click here for a  FREE pdf catalog!
Follow us on twitter! @BTCcatalog
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: