Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:52:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most impact that makes you invest in an ICO !?  (Read 254 times)
haskellCoder42 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:49:50 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2018, 06:22:47 PM by haskellCoder42

Which has the biggest impact on you that makes you invest in an ICO or not?

• Idea/Concept
  • Team (And if this one, what do you look at?)
  • Advisor
  • Partner
  • Progress of the project
  • Github
  • Medium articles
  • Size of Community (Twitter, Telegram, etc.)
  • Marketing Concept (Design of website etc.)
  • Comments on Bitcointalk
  • Others
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bryan21

Activity: 75
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:41:08 PM

• Idea/Concept
  • Advisor
  • Partner
  • Github
  • Others

I think progress of the project of that ICO. For me is that biggest impact to do investment. Because if that project didn't work is hard to grow.
Is that only my assume, but nothing can be happen. We need learn of that ICO first, so we can know what should we do of that ICO.

● ALAX.io  | The Blockchain App Store Designed for Gamers
█ ██████████ █       TGE    17th Apr    █ ██████████ █
haskellCoder42 (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:10:30 AM

I think progress of the project of that ICO. For me is that biggest impact to do investment. Because if that project didn't work is hard to grow.
Is that only my assume, but nothing can be happen. We need learn of that ICO first, so we can know what should we do of that ICO.

Yes makes sense. Even though there are many projects that start to work hard after their ICO has ended with success. Before an ICO many teams invest their time in the ICO itself and the marketing, cause working on implementing the project goals and investing time and money and then having an unsuccesful ico can be really frustating and time wasting.

kimmy724

Activity: 143
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:54:03 AM

Today's ICO for me must have the following Categories:

1. If it presents to be a blockchain platform , there should be consumables.
2. Must be able to come up with its own ecosystem and independent blockchain.
3. Can issue tokens or colored coins.
4. Tokens would be use in the platform and be burned after consumption.
5 Future proof and scalability.

w33man

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:07:32 PM

There are a lot of things that I consider before investing in an ICO. I really think that the team that is responsible for the project has a great impact on the project it self. Active team development before and after ICO drives investors to invest more in a project. Marketing is another plus, usually people are enticed to invest the more they see an advertisement in social media and other sources. A great community also affects an ICO.
haskellCoder42 (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:00:47 AM

There are a lot of things that I consider before investing in an ICO. I really think that the team that is responsible for the project has a great impact on the project it self. Active team development before and after ICO drives investors to invest more in a project. Marketing is another plus, usually people are enticed to invest the more they see an advertisement in social media and other sources. A great community also affects an ICO.

I agree
CryptoLex

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:23:28 AM

• Idea/Concept
  • Advisor
  • Partner
  • Github
  • Medium articles
  • Others

For me the most important factor is implementation. I see so many projects which are just doomed to fail even with the total of money they raised during their ICO.
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:37:04 PM

• Idea/Concept
  • Advisor
  • Partner
  • Github
  • Medium articles
  • Others

I think team is important thing, because need strong and commit team to run ICO into success. If the team not strong is hard ICO for success.
All that is my opinion. Anything can be happen in ICO. Many people do invest in that ICO, that ICO sure will be increase fast.
Leonia-Ridinger

Activity: 110

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 05:22:15 PM

I'll invest in projects with a good idea, that are unique in some way and have a strong team. So I have to see myself using the project in some way in the future to be interested. The team must have strong track record of accomplishments. The team must be diverse. Then, after investing in the ICO, I will hold as long as I have confidence in the project. That means, if the team accomplishes visible progress, if they are communicating with the community, and they are doing good marketing, then I will hold. If not, I'll try to sell at a good moment.
Ashimwe

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:15:52 PM

Today's ICO for me must have the following Categories:

1. If it presents to be a blockchain platform , there should be consumables.
2. Must be able to come up with its own ecosystem and independent blockchain.
3. Can issue tokens or colored coins.
4. Tokens would be use in the platform and be burned after consumption.
5 Future proof and scalability.
I agree with you 100%, I would add team,  working product and the coin community ,these are very crucial for me to go into an ICO
satamusic

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

yes.

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:04:09 PM

size of community is not really a good way to filter them out given that many have airdrops and then end up with many thousands of followers or channel members that don't really contribute and are just in it for the airdrop.

hi
Cryptodetails

Activity: 140
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:44:15 PM

Nevertheless, all the crazy success stories make us look at the facts through rose-colored glasses. And the fact is that about 99% of all ICOs will fail. And this is not an exaggeration. Over the past few years, thousands of crypto-currencies have been created, and more than 90% of them failed. Another fact is that due to the success of the majority of ICOs, the market is flooded with scams, which create fake decentralized applications / coins to snatch off its piece from the ICO pie. In this way they successfully create an "ICO bubble". Be vigilant in choosing investment.
stantpro

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:31:36 PM

The most impact that makes me invest in any ICO is simply the Size of Community (Twitter, Telegram, etc.)
People always promote, comment and discuss what they like, do and love.Hence, if I discover that the size of the
community is encouragingly large, I shall subscribe.It is an indication that the ICO has got good remarks from
people all around the world.Having a large sized community.It means that the demand for the coin would be
relatively high.Therefore, the value of the coin shall be recommedable considering the forces of demand and supply.
aucoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:15:28 PM

I think, that most important things are team, advisors and concept as, of course, that gives you understanding about what is the project's sense and how it would be developed and understand is it a scam or not.
So, I think that things are the main!
TheGodson

Activity: 383
Merit: 161

https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:05:59 AM

Of your list, "idea and concept" would rank number one for me. If the idea sucks I won't invest in it. There are some really weird ideas out there that seem pointless. Like a crypto currency that links other crypto currencies. Seems too generic, complicated and unnecessary. A crypto coin that tries to revolutionize the way we buy food. A toy coin for buying children's toys. A coin for health care or real estate.

These concepts are either far fetched or not really practical for life as we know it. Coins tend to promote things that are either way too big and impractical or something small and insignificant to the point where why bother even using a specific coin for that.

The idea has to be something that a lot of people can get behind. A currency can't be accepted if it doesn't have support. Once I find a good idea I look for the next most important thing.

Number two is marketing. A coin can only spread to the masses if it has good marketing. Honestly, the code behind it doesn't even really matter, because majority of investors, in my opinion, probably don't even read the code at all. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is just how it seems from what I've read about other investors and what they say.

So to summarize, fistly, I find a coin that a lot of people can get behind. Second, I get the coin only if it has excellent marketing.

A couple of things may happen. One, the coin becomes a massive success. Two, the coin is more of a joke, but regardless the price skyrockets because people fall in love with the concept. Three, the coin is a pump in dump, but I got in early so I will still make profit. Four, the coin fails, but ends up mirroring bitcoins price more or less and I don't really win or lose much at all. Five, the coin is a scam, collapses and I lose money. Most of these result in me making money though so I like this strategy.

I recently got into PolyMath when it was launched. The concept was revolutionary. It was far fetched, but it is still something that people can get behind. I checked out the marketing and thought it was amazing so I hopped in. Also I got in early (or so I thought). I actually lost a lot so far though, because I got in at $1.18ish and it has lost over half its value. Perhaps I made a mistake and am one of the duped folks that lose. Time will tell.

minthit

Activity: 325
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:33:10 AM

Progress of the project - 70%, concept/idea - 25%, remaining 5% on honest reviews about the team, tech, etc. I think size of the community is quite irrelevant because of the tricks some projects are using.
PoseidonF
Copper Member

Activity: 228

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:01:19 PM

Main thing is how much value is this project going to add to an industry or society?
once is launched is it going to impactful?
Does it help or has any benefits?

check out for example Poseidon Foundation and you will see many reasons to invest into it  Wink

https://poseidon.eco/
TokenSell

Activity: 137
Merit: 13

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:23:54 PM

• Idea/Concept
  • Advisor
  • Partner
  • Github
  • Medium articles
  • Others

It is better for an ICO to have an MVP or even a working product that is already used by somebody as a service or a product. The target audience should not only be ready to pay but paying already. The tokenomics - how the token will be used within the ecosystem makes sense. Even if all those things are in place the team should worth trust and be ready to implement the project to a point of time when it will be used by big audience enough for you as an investor to make profit.

I would suggest you not to invest right now into ICO due to  current market situation. The ROI in ETH is not quite well even for projects with their own blockchains. The situation may change any time. Lets keep track on what is going in the industry.

cabron

Activity: 2800
Merit: 595

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 12:29:04 PM

The first 3 is what I mostly look at before going into deeper. If that 3 is something acceptable for someone's comment in bitcointalk forum then that's also acceptable for me. Partner's matter as well so if they partnered with bancor or partnered with big projects as well then  its got to be good. I may also see if Mcaffee also comment to it. Not necessary him but some big names.

Ranillo79

Activity: 240
Merit: 17

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 10:20:06 AM

My top basis are team, partners and the idea. Those three are enough to  convince me that one ICO are worth to invest. Not rigth now because its better to wait in exchange than  ICO sales. Maybe when market  is back full of buyers. Joining ICO is an easy money

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: