Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:16:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's all about merits.  (Read 278 times)
Snappycoco (OP)

Activity: 534
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:50:22 AM

Im just a newbie with less experience and knowledge bout this. I've read that merits is what makes your rank up. Is that correct or did I just misread it? 😂

Thank you Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 07:05:29 AM

Im just a newbie with less experience and knowledge bout this. I've read that merits is what makes your rank up. Is that correct or did I just misread it? 😂

Thank you Smiley

No as you know, you just didn't understand theymos joke about merit.
Dozens of merit topics and thousands of replies created talking about the merit system and the ranking, after all of that do you think it isn't correct?

Edit :
BTW, can an automated exam be created here to pass from newbie to junior member? It should contains simple questions about ranking & merit system mainly, if you fail to pass the test, you couldn't be a junior and you should wait 14 days before passing it again.
Junior member will require 1 smerit, they couldn't receive any smerit until they get 1 from the test which can be done whenever they want starting from brand new.

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
knight20

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:10:34 AM

Im just a newbie with less experience and knowledge bout this. I've read that merits is what makes your rank up. Is that correct or did I just misread it?

Thank you Smiley

Merit system is made to reduce the shit poster, account buyer and etc. Merit is gevin to those who deserve it. To get merit is too difficult you need to post a constructive, helpful and understandable.

More than that merit system is required to rank up and also in signature camp.
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 07:36:09 AM
Merited by dungp3132 (1)

Dear Snappycoco,
I think this one is useful for you. Please read it carefully because it contains basic information about merit system. This one published by hilariousandco (moderator of the forum).
Everything you need to know about forum activity, account ranks and merit
And this one (published by Themis, forum admin)
Merit and new rank system
For more information, you can search or read around Meta board or Beginners & help child board for help.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Snappycoco (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:56:50 AM

Dear Snappycoco,
I think this one is useful for you. Please read it carefully because it contains basic information about merit system. This one published by hilariousandco (moderator of the forum).
Everything you need to know about forum activity, account ranks and merit
And this one (published by Themis, forum admin)
Merit and new rank system
For more information, you can search or read around Meta board or Beginners & help child board for help.
Thank you for the information sir. Let me help myself by reading that.
Snappycoco (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:10:01 AM

Thank you Smiley

Dozens of merit topics and thousands of replies created talking about the merit system and the ranking, after all of that do you think it isn't correct?

Edit :
BTW, can an automated exam be created here to pass from newbie to junior member? It should contains simple questions about ranking & merit system mainly, if you fail to pass the test, you couldn't be a junior and you should wait 14 days before passing it again.
Junior member will require 1 smerit, they couldn't receive any smerit until they get 1 from the test which can be done whenever they want starting from brand new.
Thank you sir for noticing my post. Im just confused and im ready to learn with all your help. Hope I can pass that automated exam though. More power to you sir.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 08:30:31 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2018, 11:23:30 AM by Jet Cash

It's too late at that point. I think it should be part of the membership application. It could be more useful than a Captcha. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 09:21:44 AM

Thank you Smiley

The older system of the forum ranks was based on activity and posts. Now the merit system is added to it. To reach a certain rank the member must reach that much activity and that much stipulated merit if not more. If you dont reach both (or gain in that sense) then forget about ranking up and be happy with your current rank.

@everyone else who is reading this - The OP's post is the reason why I proposed this suggestion - which did not gain much attention.
Lets Make a new board/section for "Merit Discussion"

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 10:11:49 AM

Thank you Smiley

The older system of the forum ranks was based on activity and posts. Now the merit system is added to it. To reach a certain rank the member must reach that much activity and that much stipulated merit if not more. If you dont reach both (or gain in that sense) then forget about ranking up and be happy with your current rank.

@everyone else who is reading this - The OP's post is the reason why I proposed this suggestion - which did not gain much attention.
Lets Make a new board/section for "Merit Discussion"

It is getting worse everyday with a flood of ico users asking why they cannot get the next rank. So they didn't give a shit about anything new add to their profile, under their names, no shitty shit curiosity about what the hell is the new thing?? All they care about is to earn from ico and how they get more money by ranking up in the forums. Then, worst, they came to meta, don't waste a shitty minute to take a look on it, create a new shitty repetitive topic and ask a stupid question answered million times... Nuke them all. No sorry.

For your solution, if the nuke button is not working ofc, then just create the new "Activity and rank" sub under "other/meta/Activity and rank" and nuke everyone posting in meta about it (move the sticky there, can keep a copy also in meta but lock it).

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
1993jochico

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:36:30 AM

Not only merit is required to rank up, we need activities to there's so many thread's about ranking up you may read them all, but for now the merit system is the hardest thing to rank up. There is a required merit and activities to rank up.

AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:14:18 AM

Thank you Smiley

Yes you are correct, this merit is like an extra activity for you to rank up and earning some is so difficult, so if you are not going to earn some then you are going to be stuck in your rank, so that is why you are going to post some quality post in this forum for the others to give you merit if they find out that your post is worth of a merit.
guschin

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:30:44 AM

Not only merit is required to rank up, we need activities to there's so many thread's about ranking up you may read them all, but for now the merit system is the hardest thing to rank up. There is a required merit and activities to rank up.

Activity requirement had been there before the merit system and is much needed. One should be a member here for longer time to be able to enjoy the benefits of senior ranks. Merit is not the hardest thing, it just requires the members to work little smart. You need to focus on areas where there is less competition for merits. For instance, I see a  good probability of getting merits if you are doing analysis of stats related to the forum. Many of such threads got rewarded with good amount of merit points by senior members here.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 11:34:56 AM

Thank you Smiley

You may have misread it, or it may have been mis-posted, but that is not true. Activity is the count that allows you to be considered for a rank promotion. Merits ( or the lack of merits ) are a barrier to prevent unsuitable candidates entering a higher rank. Higher ranks have more resources and thus more potential to abuse the forum. In the past these resources have been abused by many members, and some are still abusing them. In order to avail yourself of these rights, you need to show that you can be trusted. It is clear that there are a lot of "economic migrants" who have come to the forum to take advatage of it. Merits are helping to prevent them from abusing the forum hospitality.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:27:04 PM

It's too late at that point. I think it should be part of the membership application. It could be more useful than a Captcha. Smiley

I think  before somebody post his first post,he should get pop up ,please go through below topic (Bitcointalk.org rules) and pass the test.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

There should be 10 multiple choice question in test and need to give correct answer of all 10 to be able to pass. Once failed ,you can attempt the test next day only.

Why newbies only, I think we all should give this test.

I really hate the threads in which user say "Sorry, I will not copy and  paste next time,Please forgive me, Please unban me,I do not know the rules ". 

I am alive
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 06:55:23 AM

LOL for shitposters activity it not hard to achieve. If someone cannot even post properly to achieve activity then they dont deserve a space in this forum. But Merit is what juniors should be concerned about. Those who blatantly shitpost would never rank up if they dont gather enough merits and making new threads in meta about it will only worsen the situation.

Thank you Smiley

Yes you are correct, this merit is like an extra activity for you to rank up and earning some is so difficult, so if you are not going to earn some then you are going to be stuck in your rank, so that is why you are going to post some quality post in this forum for the others to give you merit if they find out that your post is worth of a merit.
Idiots making up idiotic assumptions. Merit is different from activity. Learn about the merit system first.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:48:49 AM

As a newbie, I was curious with everything that involved Bitcoin and this forum. So before I try to ask questions that has obvious answers, I would try to do my own research first because that's the reason why I joined this forum; to educate myself. It has been prevalent in this forum, particularly in this thread how the merit system was implied and for what purpose. Maybe before you post a thread like this, you should read through what everyone wrote here about the new system as to not be identified as someone who is just spamming or being uninformative.
sncc

Activity: 536
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:01:49 AM

Since you are Newbie, I would recommend to start from

Beginners & Help
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=39.0

and to read the stickies.  Most of typical questions about the forum have been already answered there.
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:55:04 AM

Nope, you did not misread it. However, not only merits can make you rank up, but also the activity. This forum's policy has gone through a big change regarding adding the merit system which most of people disagree with. But I consider it as a way to make users improve the quality of their posts. Added to that, you seem a bit annoyed with the new system. Do not worry, pal. I am sure you will get your account ranked up soon enough. 
fokinlipat

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:14:30 AM

Nope, you did not misread it. However, not only merits can make you rank up, but also the activity. This forum's policy has gone through a big change regarding adding the merit system which most of people disagree with.

Most member do not disagree with it. It is just that members against the merit system are creating new threads against merit system like " Merit system is garbage", "Merit ruined my life". If you notice the responses on those threads, most of the members are in support of merit system. Senior member who are in favor of merit system will not make posts like " Merit is good for the forum" and all and thus you might have come with this conclusion.

But I consider it as a way to make users improve the quality of their posts. Added to that, you seem a bit annoyed with the new system. Do not worry, pal. I am sure you will get your account ranked up soon enough. 

Looking at his activity and post quality that he made after this post, it does not look so. However, if he improves this in future, your prediction may come true.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:27:48 AM

Thank you Smiley

Edit :

This will be another additional work for the mods. Why do we need to adjust the rules just for the newbies? Its for them to learn how to explore the search button and find answers to their questions.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: