Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:18:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit points possible outcome  (Read 179 times)
stein888 (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 2

"OPEN GAMING PLATFORM"

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:14:18 AM
Merited by darkywis (1)

I would like to ask, the merit points have a supply right? I mean, there is a finite amount of merits that can be given. Then, everytime you give a merit it will be halved, lets say the total merit points is 1M then eventually it will be 500k smerits available if 1M merits are given away. Then 500k merits, there will be just 250k smerits available if it is given away until it reaches the point that we can't give anyone any merit., just imagine there is two accounts 1 has 10 merit and the oter has none, then they give merits to each other, you will see that they will eventually can't give merits anymore.

how will the members of this forum will rank up? Is there a way to generate a merit points? Or what will you do if no one can give merits anymore? If I am wrong in anyway please tell me, I would like to be informed and to be corrected.

Day by day, it will be hard to get merit points because the supply or amount of merit points are halved.

YUMERIUM    ❰❰❰  http://www.yumerium.com/  ❱❱❱
An Incentivized, Blockchain based Open Gaming Platform
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:25:39 AM

I would like to ask, the merit points have a supply right? I mean, there is a finite amount of merits that can be given. Then, everytime you give a merit it will be halved, lets say the total merit points is 1M then eventually it will be 500k smerits available if 1M merits are given away. Then 500k merits, there will be just 250k smerits available if it is given away until it reaches the point that we can't give anyone any merit., just imagine there is two accounts 1 has 10 merit and the oter has none, then they give merits to each other, you will see that they will eventually can't give merits anymore.

how will the members of this forum will rank up? Is there a way to generate a merit points? Or what will you do if no one can give merits anymore? If I am wrong in anyway please tell me, I would like to be informed and to be corrected.

Day by day, it will be hard to get merit points because the supply or amount of merit points are halved.

There are some merit sources that are given 300 sMerits (not sure) every month. Merit sources replenishes their sMerits every month. I think that might answer your question.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 06:28:05 AM

This is why Theymos and company have assigned some folks around here to be Merit Sources, they give merit to these people and those people deliver them out to the community as they see fit. This keeps the supply afloat, offsetting the halving mechanism and probably by more than a ratio of 1:1.

You should read more about how this thing works, there's a lot of information on it.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:28:30 AM

This isn't really a problem. The merit supply isn't finite as you are saying it is. There is not halving either and there is no regular supply of it. The new merit comes through "merit sources" as defined by theymos which is made up of posters who apply for it using their previous posts as the basis. If the poster is approved, he or she becomes a merit source and is able to send merit to others who might be deemed appropriate. There are no (public) restrictions on who can be a merit source, but the list is also private, so not much can really be derived from what could help. Members of the forum should be able to rank up, but should anything change or should unforeseen consequences show, then I believe theymos said he is willing to make changes to the system. Right now I see no need for it, however.

EDIT: I just got ninja'd

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
stein888 (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 2

"OPEN GAMING PLATFORM"

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:31:01 AM

There are some merit sources that are given 300 sMerits (not sure) every month. Merit sources replenishes their sMerits every month. I think that might answer your question.

So I was wrong, Thanks for helping me bud. I was just curious that's why I posted in this thread. 🙂

YUMERIUM    ❰❰❰  http://www.yumerium.com/  ❱❱❱
An Incentivized, Blockchain based Open Gaming Platform
Snappycoco

Activity: 534
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:36:57 AM

As what theymos said, there are merit sources wherein we can get merits. And I think merit generates time by time.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:41:37 AM

So I was wrong, Thanks for helping me bud. I was just curious that's why I posted in this thread. 🙂

No Problem. There are people who asked me about it and I've been reading some posts of some of the Merit Sources I know.

As what theymos said, there are merit sources wherein we can get merits. And I think merit generates time by time.

Merits don't really generates "time by time" since based on this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3041961.msg31308627#msg31308627 how long a sMerit Source replenishes.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 09:12:27 AM

So I think there is no one would like to share their opinions.

It isn't that we don't want to share our opinions, but that we are tired of replying to the same old repeated threads by new members who are too lazy to read the existing threads. If you thought that starting this thread would earn you some merits, then you won't get them from me, because you are yet another that I have put on ignore for cluttering the boards.

I still have a load of merits to award, and I award them to posters who support Bitcoin and Bitcoin Talk, and who think before creating yet another redundant thread.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
guschin

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:46:08 AM

So I think there is no one would like to share their opinions.

I think you need to have some patience. If you want  a reply to your query (which is already answered multiple times in meta) in 10 minutes after posting your thread, this is not going to happen. Also note that the members are helping you for free and most of the senior members are here just in their free time only. If you cannot wait for some time to get a response, how will you be able to survive the shortage of merits (merits getting halved as per your opinion). Regarding your question, there are merit sources who get some merits to spend every month.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: