Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:00:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PNB looks into use of bitcoin!  (Read 1482 times)
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:03:33 AM

Well this ia a nice development. Another banj that accept crypto currency and is readily available to everyone who wants it. Of course they'll earn money from transaction fees but more and more banks accepting crypto currency far outweight what little money these banks earn for every crypto currency transaction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:02:51 AM

It's good to know that a local bank is willing to transact in crypto currency. I'm sure that this is a testing phase and would definitely not be an all out thing. Maybe this bank also hsve stakes in crypto currency. I just hope that the Philippines also accept crypto currency like their neighboring countries in Asia.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
DavidNiva

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:20:22 AM

clearly influential if there is a country starting to legalize bitcoin, then things like this can trigger positive sentiments that can boost the price of bitcoin around the world, but if that supports a country whose economy is not large then the effect caused is not so great, different things will happen if which legalizes a country with a large economy, for example Japan, the effect is also very large.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:38:23 AM

just another news worth applauding, but i hope it will not end on just studying bitcoin but actually deal with bitcoin transaction for real, there are numerous entity that vows to study the system of bitcoin and the nature of blockchain but as of today, none of them even push through. once they have understand the volatility of bitcoin, most of them backed out in pursuing. i hope many company will follow them.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 12:04:31 PM

just another news worth applauding, but i hope it will not end on just studying bitcoin but actually deal with bitcoin transaction for real, there are numerous entity that vows to study the system of bitcoin and the nature of blockchain but as of today, none of them even push through. once they have understand the volatility of bitcoin, most of them backed out in pursuing. i hope many company will follow them.

As far as I know Philippines is making a lot of headway on crypto/blockchain more than other asian neighboring nation (Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand). They even have a economic zone if I'm not mistaken so they can be the next crypto hub in Asia.

So this is really a welcoming news for Filipinos but for crypto enthusiast out there. Philippines is one tourist attraction as well, so for those who are traveling, they might simply bring this wallets with them, so its far more safe.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 01:07:58 PM

As far as I know Philippines is making a lot of headway on crypto/blockchain more than other asian neighboring nation (Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand). They even have a economic zone if I'm not mistaken so they can be the next crypto hub in Asia.

So this is really a welcoming news for Filipinos but for crypto enthusiast out there. Philippines is one tourist attraction as well, so for those who are traveling, they might simply bring this wallets with them, so its far more safe.

Regarding the economic zone and details about our country will adapt crypto you may read it here: https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-crypto-currencies-philippines/philippines-to-allow-cryptocurrency-operators-in-economic-zone-idUSKBN1HW1KY

This would be a great news for us (Filipinos) once PNB accepts BTC, it will not affect btc's value as we are only small compared to the worlds population(crypto world) but the good thing is that crypto will be known and it will gain a lot of investors in this industry.
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:06:19 PM

GOOD NEWS INDEED!
look like they are into moving up like security bank and union banks.
Well banks are made to stay in this world.
and if they do want to stay, they must hug the technology of currency and they do believe that crypto is the future.
KrishaBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 04:33:37 AM

This clearly shows that banks have different approach or stand against Bitcoin existence in which some banks like this one is fully supporting Bitcoin currency. Therefore we should not be worrying if they says that banks are against Bitcoin or threaten by Cryptos currency as the banks that against crypto are only few compared to the numbers of banks that are belong to the nation that legalized the use of Bitcoin.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                        
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 06:36:17 AM

This clearly shows that banks have different approach or stand against Bitcoin existence in which some banks like this one is fully supporting Bitcoin currency. Therefore we should not be worrying if they says that banks are against Bitcoin or threaten by Cryptos currency as the banks that against crypto are only few compared to the numbers of banks that are belong to the nation that legalized the use of Bitcoin.
Of course, I do not expect that in the long run banks will not want to find a way to benefit from the sphere. This is a system that is growing daily and globally and that shows that anyone who is even here now and applying the usage for their own growth will always be the ones to reap the huge benefits eventually.

I feel as we keep forging ahead and as we are seeing already now, banks will most definitely not see bitcoin as threat but an advantage to just step up their own game so they do not get left out. At least, it is a good thing that we have another system of payment and spending, that serves about right as a competition for the banks.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:21:23 AM

Good news, they are looking into use of bitcoin. I know that there are some banks in Philippines that ready to adopt bitcoin and blockchain.
This is one of the bank that will use blockchain to the payment system - https://www.coindesk.com/philippines-banks-use-visas-blockchain-payments-platform/
I guess this news is true and however it seems to be a good news to everyone who use bitcoin as an alternative money substitute . It is easy to use .
At least for now and as far as I am concerned, PNB has not come out to dispute this and I must say it is really a good news to see countries actually coming up to want to utilize bitcoin and bring about avenues that would make the usage an easy one for the users.

It is a good start and I believe as time goes on, a whole lot of countries will be following the same pattern. At least, with the way things are going, banks or governments are no longer looking for ways to fight the space anymore, they are looking for ways to tap from the benefits, and looking at the benefit other places are deriving from it.
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 07:28:39 AM

Good news, they are looking into use of bitcoin. I know that there are some banks in Philippines that ready to adopt bitcoin and blockchain.
This is one of the bank that will use blockchain to the payment system - https://www.coindesk.com/philippines-banks-use-visas-blockchain-payments-platform/
I guess this news is true and however it seems to be a good news to everyone who use bitcoin as an alternative money substitute . It is easy to use .
Well we are all aware of the circumstances regarding bitcoin and other all other altcoins. They are mostly be raised in prices in coming days. So, don’t worry and start buying them as soon as possible. Like Philippines, we are quite hopeful about other countries too that will make some amendments in their laws and allowing bitcoin as integral part of their economy.
rosepetals

Activity: 650

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 07:58:51 AM

Good news for all Filipinos and the others Cheesy

In my country the Philippines National Bank (PNB) was looking into use of bitcoin,i was wondering if it  can may affect the price of bitcoin?

TOP official of the Philippine National Bank (PNB) vows to study bitcoin amid Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) accepting stance on cryptocurrencies. PNB chair Flor Gozon Tarriela said they are looking at bitcoin and blockchain technology very cautiously but stressed the bank is not into it yet. “PNB will closely study the disruptions going on in the financial sector. We want to know more about the trends. We want to be aware of what is happening. But as to our plans to venture, we are not into it yet,” said Tarriela, adding that they are in the process of studying its dynamics and its possible effects to the banking business. A bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and worldwide payment system. It is the first decentralized digital currency, as the system works without a central bank or single administrator. While it recognized the potential benefits of virtual currencies as it facilitate the movement of funds at a much faster, cheaper, and convenient way, the BSP is equally cautious of the potential risks including illicit activities such as money laundering and terrorist financing.

It has advised the public that they have to be conscious of the opaqueness of transactions involving bitcoins. To minimize risks, the BSP encouraged existing and prospective virtual currency users to deal only with BSP-registered virtual currency exchanges and maintain only a sufficient amount of virtual currency enough to address transaction requirements. BSP warned that virtual currency users should properly secure their virtual currency holdings and observe security tips to protect the confidentiality and integrity of personal information and transaction details. “The BSP still has to issue regulations on this virtual currencies. But, we, in the banking industry advocate the know-your-customer first,” said Tarriela. PNB’s thrust this year is to go digital. Tarriela said they have launched mobile banking apps to cater to the needs of the tech-savvy market. “The way to go, really, is digital,” she said, adding that this will also help them reach out to the unbanked population.

Source : http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/business/2018/03/09/pnb-looks-use-bitcoin-592675

It really sounds great when one or more countries accepts or study this new trend of currency.Cryptocurrency like bitcoin was the innovation of money used nowadays to those countries that already knows the existence of bitcoin.If PNB adopt bitcoin in their banks and the country as well,this will add more probability that it will spread accross the country..because as we all know only few of our fellowmen knows about it and also few of us knows how this works.

Jaemouns

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 02:10:03 AM

Morning honor

Activity: 216
Merit: 17

Xircus

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 09:41:30 AM

Yes this is a good news with 2 million filipinos who are active in bitcoin this is a breakthrough. Its nice to know that government are supporting to make filipinos getting rich. PNB is one if the largest government owned bank in the country.
Nice to hear this kind of good news to all filipinos who is already a member by this bank (PNB) and not just one bank (BSP)also adopted the cryptocurrency of bitcoin,they found out how how this bitcoin really helpful  towards all filipinos,glad to hear this great news.

Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1655

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 06:51:34 AM

Yes this is a good news with 2 million filipinos who are active in bitcoin this is a breakthrough. Its nice to know that government are supporting to make filipinos getting rich. PNB is one if the largest government owned bank in the country.
Nice to hear this kind of good news to all filipinos who is already a member by this bank (PNB) and not just one bank (BSP)also adopted the cryptocurrency of bitcoin,they found out how how this bitcoin really helpful  towards all filipinos,glad to hear this great news.

It is only the technology behind that is being adopted here. Bitcoin is still heavily regulated in the Philippines. And you can't find any stores or merchants that accepts bitcoin as mode of payment. It might takes years for the Philippines to be a safe haven, but at least the government is not hindering its progress and that is a indication that probably 5-10 years from now, crypto will boom in the country.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 12:37:23 PM

This another great news to all Filipino crypto and bitcoin enthusiast, it will boost more again about

the awareness of digital currency into crypto world. I hope they could start it as soon as possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: