Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:05:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: more then 50 posts but still zero merit  (Read 353 times)
bilal_jan321 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 21

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:31:15 AM

hi
i have more then 50 posts here, but still got zero merit. I tried my best to write replies that can help other people and also me in acquiring merit but no success.
is there any strategy that can help me getting merit

████████████████            1 x B i t . c o m         |         THE WORLD CUP ADVENTURE            ████████████████
[  7 BTC WELCOME BONUS  ] [      1 BTC PRIZE FUND      ]
████████████████            ██                           P L A Y   N O W                           ██            ████████████████
Rockstar1

Activity: 46
Merit: 2

CoinBro.net, TangleUniverse.com, EthGal.com 4sale

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:32:58 AM

Man, your last 20 posts are 3-liners. I'm not saying you need to write longer, but with the way you write... then you need to write longer.

Most of what you're adding isn't substantial... except for htat post about a CEO.

But yeah, either you have to post more substantial things in shorter words... or u just need to post longer posts

4sale: CoinBro.net, ParadiseCrypto.com, Mine.Asia, INBEX.com, BroClub.com, CoinDepot.org, Elly.net, EthGal.com
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:46:06 AM

i have more then 50 posts here, but still got zero merit. I tried my best to write replies that can help other people and also me in acquiring merit but no success.
Merit is awarded for posts that the meritor considers to be of high quality. As merit is somewhat scarce, especially for those of us who aren’t merit sources, you could even say ‘exceptional quality’. That’s why it’s normal for a beginner to not receive much merit. Don’t worry. It would probably be good ‘strategy’ to not excessively chase merit (or activity!) but to read and contribute for learning and for fun.

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
bilal_jan321 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:46:43 AM

Man, your last 20 posts are 3-liners. I'm not saying you need to write longer, but with the way you write... then you need to write longer.

Most of what you're adding isn't substantial... except for htat post about a CEO.

But yeah, either you have to post more substantial things in shorter words... or u just need to post longer posts

thanks a lot for spending the time to check my last posts and giving honest feedback.

You suggesting that I should post something more solid that will be more substantial ?

████████████████            1 x B i t . c o m         |         THE WORLD CUP ADVENTURE            ████████████████
████████████████            ██                           P L A Y   N O W                           ██            ████████████████
bilal_jan321 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:49:04 AM

Merit is awarded for posts that the meritor considers to be of high quality. As merit is somewhat scarce, especially for those of us who aren’t merit sources, you could even say ‘exceptional quality’. That’s why it’s normal for a beginner to not receive much merit. Don’t worry. It would probably be good ‘strategy’ to not excessively chase merit (or activity!) but to read and contribute for learning and for fun.

who has the right here to give merits to members. Only moderators have that right?

Bro i am only chasing the merit, since i wont go up to 'member' level if i have atleast 10 merit

man22555

Activity: 430
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:55:09 AM
Merited by radokan (1)

The new system just sucks. It all relies on the merit sources and if they "feel" they want to award you.

Merits shall be given after an objective, not subjective rating!

As said before, try to post long, substantial posts. You might consider opening a new attracting topic as well. Search for topics that attract high ranked members, since newbies can't merit you.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:12:12 AM

who has the right here to give merits to members. Only moderators have that right?

Bro i am only chasing the merit, since i wont go up to 'member' level if i have atleast 10 merit
I’m sorry, but I think you’re going about this all the wrong way. You haven’t even taken the trouble to find out how merits work, even though they are one of the most discussed topics here. How do you propose to contribute to the forum at all, much less create posts worthy of merit, if you don’t have a clue and are unable or unwilling to use the clue server that is right in front of you?

In case someone has told you that there is easy money to be made here by just posting random crap: sorry, your information is outdated. Merit changed all that. You won’t make a cent here unless you take the trouble of first learning a lot and then applying that knowledge in a way that other users consider useful enough to merit.

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
Thefrolly

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:13:45 AM

Merit isn't something that you get based on your post count. Its something that you will get if someone finds your posts helpful. Just cause you made 50 posts doesn't means that you deserve merit.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 09:33:05 AM

Quite a few members have sMerits to award. I've got a load for example. I'm tempted to put you on ignore so that you will never reeceive merit from me, but you've got me in a good mood, so here is some advice.

Don't chase merit or rank increases. Bitcoin Talk doesn't need members who appear to be here just to exploit the forum to scratch a bit of extra cash. Instead of banging out posts as quickly as you can, re-read your typing before you hit the post button. Then read the created post and edit it if you see any typing errors. A post that flows comfortably for the reader is more likely to gain merits than one with missing letters and spaces.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Chuokie

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:01:18 AM

Just imagine a person with 200 posts but they didn't get any merit themselves? Haha that how funny the merit is. One more fact is that merit is not regenerated after months if you gave them you will have a bounce-back point but that's it you won't generate it after you gave that's why people are holding it dearly. No one will just give you their merit out of pity you know,
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 10:21:42 AM

Just imagine a person with 200 posts but they didn't get any merit themselves? Haha that how funny the merit is. One more fact is that merit is not regenerated after months if you gave them you will have a bounce-back point but that's it you won't generate it after you gave that's why people are holding it dearly. No one will just give you their merit out of pity you know,

I think you misunderstand the merit system. When merit was introduced, I was given 500 merits so that I could keep my hero ranking. I was also given a block of sMerit to award to posters as I see fit. I have been awarded 224 merit points for posting, and this has generated a further 112 sMerit that I am able to award to encourage good posting. I have given out over 150 merit points ( mainly in singles ), and I still have more to award. There is not shortage of merits to be awarded, but there is a shortage of meritable posts.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
iuhninh

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:26:42 AM

The fact is most of your posts in ANN (Altcoins) and one-line or a little longer threads, which not recommended. Threads in Beginners and help child board look longer but not really high quality and useful/ helpful. You should keep contributing with higher quality posts, then merits will come.
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:53:55 PM

hi

It is not about the number of posts, but about the quality of your posts. Increase the quality to the point where someone with merit feels it adds real value and I am sure you will have some merit to show in no time. It is not easy, but certainly worth the effort. Give it a shot.
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:04:43 PM

It's not about the quantity but the quality of your posts. Even when you ask all the HERO/LEGENDARY Members here, they would just tell you that post like Nullius. When you can't post like him, better leave bitcointalk. I mean we can all get merits if we just put an effort like thinking and getting a PhD. WE ALL CAN POST WELL and get merit. PhD, I will get you for merits, I promise  Grin
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 03:05:11 PM

i have more then 50 posts here, but still got zero merit.
Stop thinking about the numbers. Merit isn't earned through numbers, it's earned through content.

I tried my best to write replies that can help other people and also me in acquiring merit but no success.
I've looked at your posts, if that's your best then your best isn't good enough...yet. Two to three sentence answers won't earn you merit. You need to actually write some constructive thoughts, not just a simple answer to an easy questions. Push the discussion forward by introducing new thoughts or perspectives. D

There are lots of strategies, here are a few:
  • Research the topic before responding so you can provide a more detailed response/perspective/analysis - but don't plagiarize!
  • Review the posts that more senior members have made that have earned them merit - 95% of the time they'll have the level of thought content and knowledge depth that you should try to emulate

Good luck to you, keep asking questions.
lobcmt2

Activity: 462
Merit: 155

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:48:29 PM

If most or all of your threads are shitty-posts, that means your post history is wholy shit-show. I am sure that you will not get any merit. No one give you merits for shit-show. That's the fact in the forum after launch of merit system.
mohieddine

Activity: 168
Merit: 9

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:08:14 PM

do not worry
Share useful topics and do not forget to mention their source
Help the beginner
Do not look at points of merit
Because the points are not related to the number of posts
I wish you success Wink Grin
yuzuki.dtn

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:36:55 AM

hello
 we are new, knowledge is limited so the articles are not really useful. Please try harder
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:38:23 PM

That would be because quantity is irrelevant. It's quality that you want. People don't get incentives for holding their sMerits either, but they don't get anything for spending them as well, so there are people who don't bother. One thing's for sure though, this has definitely quashed account farming and spam, which was the intention in the first place.

I agree that it kind of sucks for newbies because of how arbitrary it is though, with every single person having different opinions on handing out their sMerits. theymos has already expressed willingness in revamping the system if need be, though, so we'll see how it goes.

tukagero

Activity: 994
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:31:39 PM

hi
even if you make 1000 post but all of them are not quality post or not contributing to forum members will never give you merits, members will always decide if they want to give you merits or not.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: