Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:41:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mastercoin - Looking for a communication officer  (Read 1612 times)
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 09:39:06 AM

Hello all,

Inspired by SunnyKing's awesome PPCoin Weekly Updates thread, we are looking for someone to start a similar thread of Mastercoin.

Requirements:

• Good faith effort - you should be someone who is actively interested in the Mastercoin project, and already follows the many project developments.
  • Decent writing skills - you need to be able to create short English posts that summarize information in a concise manner.
  • Commitment - while no rock-solid commitment is needed, we are looking for someone who believes he has the time to publish one update post per week and continue with this for a while.

The channel of communication is TBD. It can be a self-moderated here (that only the op can post to), or a blog (I personally don't want the channel to be just a twitter account, because you can't easily subscribe to get all updates from a twitter account).

Regarding compensation for this "job" - the board needs to discuss this, but I think we will be able allocate some funds for this purpose. I don't expect the monetary compensation to be particularly big - you should be interested in Mastercoin to begin with, and I think putting yourself in this position of a communications officer is a great way to be involved with the project, and might offer other non-material benefits.

Any applicants can submit themselves via this thread or a pm.

Cheers,
Ron

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 09:47:55 AM

Hello all,

Inspired by SunnyKing's awesome PPCoin Weekly Updates thread, we are looking for someone to start a similar thread of Mastercoin.

Requirements:

• Good faith effort - you should be someone who is actively interested in the Mastercoin project, and already follows the many project developments.
  • Decent writing skills - you need to be able to create short English posts that summarize information in a concise manner.
  • Commitment - while no rock-solid commitment is needed, we are looking for someone who believes he has the time to publish one update post per week and continue with this for a while.

The channel of communication is TBD. It can be a self-moderated here (that only the op can post to), or a blog (I personally don't want the channel to be just a twitter account, because you can't easily subscribe to get all updates from a twitter account).

Regarding compensation for this "job" - the board needs to discuss this, but I think we will be able allocate some funds for this purpose. I don't expect the monetary compensation to be particularly big - you should be interested in Mastercoin to begin with, and I think putting yourself in this position of a communications officer is a great way to be involved with the project, and might offer other non-material benefits.

Any applicants can submit themselves via this thread or a pm.

Cheers,
Ron

I would be very interested in this, and also fold my current efforts into your projects.  My primary interest is seeing through the development of a technology to enable p2p trading of equities.  See link in my sig.

I am currently working on the last year of my MSc in industrial economics and mgmt.  And have about 13+ years experience in technology sales, bizdev and a bit of project management and product marketing.  I cofounded the company which started  the original JSON libraries, and can do light level of coding (website type stuff).

Dom
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 11:03:47 AM

Why not use mastercoin.org as an outlet?
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 11:25:05 AM

Why not use mastercoin.org as an outlet?

It is relatively easy to link a few channels using hootsuite. 
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 11:44:53 AM

Perhaps the best thing to do was just open a wordpress blog at blog.mastercoin.org, and link that to Twitter/Facebook accounts using plugins.

Also, I think people should nominate themselves for the role by preparing a weekly update post right now. Just post the same content you would post on our blog on this thread. May the best communications officer win!

prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 02:54:19 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2013, 12:32:19 PM by prophetx

Here's your weekly update, I'm using a slightly different format:

Update for the Week of October 6, 2013

$25k Code Contest Update

Market Update

Proposals

Mastercoin Foundation Financials

Job Openings

vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 03:54:05 PM

Perfect Smiley
Though Ripper, this may be hard to judge fairly because any subsequent submissions will mostly look similar by building upon previous submissions. Anyway, as of right now, I'm very happy with prophetx's draft and anything of that standard should be the bar.
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 07:23:38 PM

Perfect Smiley
Though Ripper, this may be hard to judge fairly because any subsequent submissions will mostly look similar by building upon previous submissions. Anyway, as of right now, I'm very happy with prophetx's draft and anything of that standard should be the bar.

I think we'll just choose vokain, I think he's perfectly capable - I love the first post.
Great, so now we just need a platform.
Is anyone here capable of installing and maintaining a wordpress installation?
Alternatively you can just create a blog at wordpress.com, it's rather easy. We'll reimburse you for your costs.
(I remind everyone that Wordpress accepts Bitcoin).

Vokain or whoever steps up, please open a blog and give vokain, myself and Willet admin rights (for myself please invite ron.gross@gmail.com).
Once the blog is set up, we'll hook it up to blog.mastercoin.org - and we can start Smiley

ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 07:25:21 PM

BTW the format doesn't have to be a strict "one post per week" policy, you can use your best judgement in determining the best format. We can have some short update posts, occasional longer posts that dig into one particular aspect etc.

The important thing is to keep a high level of content and a medium frequency of updates - not too frequent in order not to spam, but still frequent enough to keep the communications flowing.

ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 09:05:15 PM

Perfect Smiley

I think we'll just choose vokain, I think he's perfectly capable - I love the first post.

FYI we can have several writers on the blog, once it's set up anyone is welcome to approach us to be a writer on it.
You can just submit the posts that you wish to write, and if they match our vision and quality threshold, we'll just publish them under the blog.mastercoin.org umbrella.

vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 03:05:56 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2013, 03:23:48 AM by vokain

Perfect Smiley

I think we'll just choose, vokain, I think he's [prophetx] perfectly capable - I love the first post.
Great,

FTFY Smiley

Ed: now that I think about it I could act in an editor's capacity...
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 04:35:46 AM

OK, before anyone sets up that wordpress site - I think I'll do it right now myself.

ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 04:54:40 AM

Perfect Smiley

I think we'll just choose, vokain, I think he's [prophetx] perfectly capable - I love the first post.
Great,

FTFY Smiley

Right, sorry Smiley

Anyway, prophetx, vokain, you can both email me (ron@bitblu.com), and I'll invite you to have editor permission on the blog I already opened at blog.mastercoin.org.
You will be able to submit and edit posts.

prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 08:40:57 PM

Perfect Smiley

Great,

FTFY Smiley

Right, sorry Smiley

Anyway, prophetx, vokain, you can both email me (ron@bitblu.com), and I'll invite you to have editor permission on the blog I already opened at blog.mastercoin.org.
You will be able to submit and edit posts.

Cool Cheesy

Just sent you my email.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: