Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:17:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Signature bounties and Merits  (Read 424 times)
flashmark (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:14:26 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

How do the signature bounties affect to the merits? I had participated a signature bounty and during that time I did not receive at least one merit. Honestly, during that time, I had to post more posts (to meet signature bounty requirement) it affected to the quality of the posts. But I didn't receive any merit for the good posts (according to my knowledge Smiley). By the way now I'm not participating any signature bounty will see if I get any merits without a signature.
Do you think Signature bounties affect to the bounty hunters merit?
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 08:26:26 AM
Merited by Cobalt9317 (1)

I think post quality affects the awarding of merits. From your post, it seems that bounty promotions push memebers into making extra low value posts just to remain in the campaign, and it will be this that restricts the awarding of merits.

I gave you a merit for leaving the sig campaigns to help Bitcoin Talk. I really shouldn't have done this, because you have staarted yet another thread about merits, but you caught me during my first coffee, and I've just picked up a useful dropped domaain name. Smiley

ps. That post was borderline begging for merits, so that's another reason why I shouldn't have merited you.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Xiaolongnu

Activity: 375
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:46:34 AM

The problem is not that you're wearing a signature bounty or not. Problem here is quality of your posts.
jerick06

Activity: 180
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:50:46 AM

Merits does not affect signature bounties but merits affects the rank of the user and the rank affects the signature bounties. More merits higher rank. Higher rank more stakes. Merits indirectly affects signature bounties but to gain more stakes, you need merits to increase your rank.

SCAVO.FARM (https://scavo.farm) SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 09:11:40 AM

How do the signature bounties affect to the merits? I had participated a signature bounty and during that time I did not receive at least one merit. Honestly, during that time, I had to post more posts (to meet signature bounty requirement) it affected to the quality of the posts. But I didn't receive any merit for the good posts (according to my knowledge Smiley).
Its because merits are given to posts which contribute to discussion of the forum and being thoughtful discussions and not simply agree to everything which has already been told a hundred times before you post. Truely speaking, stop participating in those signature bounties which pay in altcoins or so. They are not worth your time which you should spend on getting a real job which need hard work.

Also dont run after the merits, make quality posts and soon some people will merit you if they feel that your post is worth meriting.

By the way now I'm not participating any signature bounty will see if I get any merits without a signature.
Signture or no signature - does not matter. If its a paid signature then some merit sources may not read your post for example DannyHamilton.
Signature bounties are those that pay in altcoins - typically they are infested with shitposters who are the bottomfeeder scum of this forum.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 09:12:52 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (2)

I think post quality affects the awarding of merits. From your post, it seems that bounty promotions push memebers into making extra low value posts just to remain in the campaign, and it will be this that restricts the awarding of merits.

I gave you a merit for leaving the sig campaigns to help Bitcoin Talk. I really shouldn't have done this, because you have staarted yet another thread about merits, but you caught me during my first coffee, and I've just picked up a useful dropped domaain name. Smiley

ps. That post was borderline begging for merits, so that's another reason why I shouldn't have merited you.

A cup of coffee is good first day in the morning even if the thread was irrelevant and needy it is still attractive on the eyes of the holder sometimes  Tongue

your judgement was erred by a milligram of caffeine, so I gave my last smerit to you hoping that you will not make the same mistake for the better day of the forum.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 09:21:52 AM

A cup of coffee is good first day in the morning even if the thread was irrelevant and needy it is still attractive on the eyes of the holder sometimes  Tongue

your judgement was erred by a milligram of caffeine, so I gave my last smerit to you hoping that you will not make the same mistake for the better day of the forum.

Thanks, but I'm not sure that I deserve it, so I have given you two merits so that you can award an sMerit to a more deserving cause. Well really I gave it to you for making me laugh. I'll probably get criticised for reciprocating merit awards, but I've been fairly strict in my awards, and I've still got quite a few left for members who contribute to the forum.

I'm in a supermarket cafe at the moment, so I think I'll spend your merit on a cheese omelette. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 09:40:55 AM

Thanks, but I'm not sure that I deserve it, so I have given you two merits so that you can award an sMerit to a more deserving cause. Well really I gave it to you for making me laugh. I'll probably get criticised for reciprocating merit awards, but I've been fairly strict in my awards, and I've still got quite a few left for members who contribute to the forum.

I'm in a supermarket cafe at the moment, so I think I'll spend your merit on a cheese omelette. Smiley

You deserve it well in my opinion, you've just explained how fallible a human can be.  Smiley in flawless statement.

Don't worry you will not be criticised for reciprocating the smerits, cause 'criticise' word is fading in British day by day they might not be able to comprehend what you really mean.
If you put the word 'criticized' I'm not responsible for what would happen, the only circumstances that would highly likely to occur is listing me or you in Bitcointalk merit reciprocating list.
guschin

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:42:10 AM

How do the signature bounties affect to the merits? I had participated a signature bounty and during that time I did not receive at least one merit. Honestly, during that time, I had to post more posts (to meet signature bounty requirement) it affected to the quality of the posts. But I didn't receive any merit for the good posts (according to my knowledge Smiley). By the way now I'm not participating any signature bounty will see if I get any merits without a signature.

That will have no big affect in my opinion.

1) If you are posting good content you will keep getting merits for it irrespective of if it was posted before or after the merit system.

2) If you are a shit poster, that habit is hard to give up even if you got lucky to get accepted in a signature campaign. Still you will not get merits.

A lot of other factors need to be considered like when merit system was introduced, members got a lot of merit points by default and thus posts made during that time had more chances of getting merits.
Oulay

Activity: 133
Merit: 37

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:01:21 PM

I know that signature campaigns do affect merits. Some members don't give merits if they see you wearing a paid signature, others go as far as ignoring you solely for that cause. I've seen some high ranked members (even merit sources) stated it:

• If you have ever had a signature ad, then I've almost certainly already clicked "ignore" on you before I've ever read even a single post of yours. I generally wont see your posts no matter how high quality they are unless I stumble across them some other way.  You'll significantly increase the chances of your posts being noticed if you have NEVER had an ad in your signature.
I don't think it's the right thing to do, nothing other than the quality of a post should determine if it's merit worthy or not. But we actually don't have a say in this..

Anyway my advice for you is not to join a sig campaign until you are posting enough without joining it. Some members might check your post history when they merit one of your posts, and having it full of high quality posts increases your chances in getting merited more than once by the same user.

My list of threads giving away merits: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3048258.0
brotherwood12

Activity: 686
Merit: 30

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:20:22 PM

i got my 15 merit while im wearing signature , so i think that doesnt matter , the main reason is what your post and quality of that
but yeah i think quite hard to get merit , you really need to make your post intersting and useful i think
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:36:38 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2018, 01:59:09 PM by DeadCoin

It's not that you don't receive merits when you are in a signature campaign and get that when you are out of signature campaign. Your posts do matter.  If they are quality ones, yes they do deserve merits.  It takes time to get them. At times what happens is,  when one posts, he/she skips reading the previous posts. He /she directly reads the threads and answer the questions reading latest one or two posts made. This would be a reason for your posts get unnoticed. Never give up.  Keep providing quality posts.  Merits would follow you.
mega sylviku

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:53:34 PM

The signature bounties is not affect to your merits unless you post constructive posts on the certain threads. The number your posts have no significant effect to the merit. You can get merit when the moderator decide that your post is good or have significant to the project. However, do not need for you thinking about the merit unless you will never success in the project. It is advisable for you to create constructive posts.
lucario21

Activity: 146
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:16:48 PM

Well in my opinion merit points was just a bonus given to those members that helps and contributes in our community most of them uses their knowledge and with wide point of view talking about crypto world to reach and guide our fellow members. Unlike those participants of bounty campaign that all they want is to earn money through signature campaign by replying/posting a repeated topic/post, and so those much valuable posts/replies are overwhelm and being ignore because of those shitposters. But if think that your post deserved a merit you should try to recommend that at some threads that rewarded a merit if they think your post deserves it.

Try on these link.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3055943.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3062711.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3046992.0

(((   BIDIUM.io   )))    ICO ACTIVE
█████████  JOIN NOW!  █████████
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:29:24 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2018, 03:45:14 PM by DaftAjax

I'll provide you a link to be familiar in the distribution of Merits:

3 Merit Stat After a Month of Merit
Where the Merit Pours?

That will have no big affect in my opinion.

1) If you are posting good content you will keep getting merits for it irrespective of if it was posted before or after the merit system.

2) If you are a shit poster, that habit is hard to give up even if you got lucky to get accepted in a signature campaign. Still you will not get merits.

A lot of other factors need to be considered like when merit system was introduced, members got a lot of merit points by default and thus posts made during that time had more chances of getting merits.

IMO, its not about where to post frequently or its not about the sections of this forum. Every or all sections are getting Merit distributions, so there are no special sections (even the local sections).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Check the links above

Being a shit poster is not a habit, its your capability itself. If its not your mother tongue then it is obvious that you're more likely not to construct a quality post because of your poor English.

But I don't judge because, maybe you're good in expressing what you wanted to say in your mother tongue, ex. Russian.

More likely yes, but they did it wrong, and they paid their misdeeds: soniclord
His thread: Merit broke my life

EDIT: BTW, I'm not pertaining to you, its my general opinion to those members that are indeed have no clue about the Merit System.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:48:09 PM

Wondering why you think that signature campaigns affect your merits? Its not like people are watching you enrolled into the signature campaigns and they think that you might be posting very fast! Lolz! This has got nothing to do with that one im sure.

It would be your own skills to post in the quality way. I mean people are here who post daily, lot of posts and they are getting merited for many of the posts. Its their speed and quality which makes this all happen.
MainIbem

Activity: 1344
Merit: 386

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:11:43 PM

You completely missed the relationship between merit and signature. It certainly does not affect your post count for signature but it does will affect you when it will be time to rank up. Therefore, it will affect your participation with a higher rank if your posts are not qualitative enough to merit your ranking up. So you could remain a member for a longer time than before the introduction of the merit score.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:33:10 PM

People just don't get it, you will not get merit if you're forcing yourself to write posts. Don't stress about it so much, merit is there to show the improvement. May be true that not all posts, that should get merit, do receive it. But, it's still fairly new thing, give it some time.

And please stop making topics complaining about merit and whatnot.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
j1hanaudy

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:53:13 PM

I think it is very difficult for people to achieve 2 things in 1 situation
Want to make really quality posts, but by wearing a campaign signature and should be in a hurry because it meets the minimum number of post terms.

I think, forget about merit first
flashmark (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:52:47 AM

Thank you all for valuable feedback. According to most of the comments, most of you think that there is no direct relationship between signature and merits.
OK. Definitely I will try to improve quality of my posts (and of course limit the posts) in future.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: