Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:32:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin Information, FAQ & Description thread. I2P/Tor explained [Mod]  (Read 44372 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
minerador

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:35:30 PM

[...] when they change their N parameter for the scrypt() call, there are years between switches so you can just create an ASIC for current N [...]

One thing which protects against 51% attacks is MergedMining.  The downsides is, [...] value itself would drop dramaticly and we would screw over all our investors.
I see your point on the "butthurt GPU miner algos" and also agree that merged mining would have a bad effect on the coin's value. Maybe Multi-PoW is a good solution for Anoncoin. Take a look at this: Multi-PoWs: converting an Exclusive, Fragmented CryptoLand into an Inclusive, Decentralization CryptoUtopia.

On another topic: Anoncoin miner's community doesn't seem aware of P2Pool, is that so?

When P2Pool is available, as is the case with Anoncoin, if find no arguments in favour of using a centralized pool. Quoting the P2Pool Bitcoin wiki article, "Decentralized payout pooling solves the problem of centralized mining pools degrading the decentralization of Bitcoin and avoids the risk of hard to detect theft by pool operators. ".

May you should list the following P2Pool nodes on your Comparison of mining pools:
linkfee
http://xpool.net1%
http://cryptovein.com1%
http://p2poolmining.pl:88501.5%
http://p2pool.org:117752%

Note: P2Pool is PPLNS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:42:10 PM

[...] when they change their N parameter for the scrypt() call, there are years between switches so you can just create an ASIC for current N [...]

One thing which protects against 51% attacks is MergedMining.  The downsides is, [...] value itself would drop dramaticly and we would screw over all our investors.
I see your point on the "butthurt GPU miner algos" and also agree that merged mining would have a bad effect on the coin's value. Maybe Multi-PoW is a good solution for Anoncoin. Take a look at this: Multi-PoWs: converting an Exclusive, Fragmented CryptoLand into an Inclusive, Decentralization CryptoUtopia.

On another topic: Anoncoin miner's community doesn't seem aware of P2Pool, is that so?

When P2Pool is available, as is the case with Anoncoin, if find no arguments in favour of using a centralized pool. Quoting the P2Pool Bitcoin wiki article, "Decentralized payout pooling solves the problem of centralized mining pools degrading the decentralization of Bitcoin and avoids the risk of hard to detect theft by pool operators. ".

May you should list the following P2Pool nodes on your Comparison of mining pools:
[...]
Multi-PoW isnt a good idea wrt security. more attack vectors.

All the ANC ive mined has come from running p2pool locally and pointing my miners onto it.
P2Pool isnt made for noobs/morons, thats why it fails to be big as normal pools.
Mining on a public p2pool node is also bad, the pool op can screw you in many ways. Also it dosnt help decentralization.

Is there currently a "guide" for beginners on how to mine ANC with P2Pool? If its done well (example -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=153232.0) we donate some coins for it (includes maintaining the thread too).

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
geekz

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

जगत् िमत

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:18:45 PM

For anyone who wants to host Anoncoin Blockchain Explorer here is the code with new design as in http://ancblockchain.com

You can download the latest code for anoncoin here :
 https://mega.co.nz/#!DBxA3KxL!EFZX0iO5q03vN9yc-iRcn5GBUHX50ggDcnEGyAEmkTY
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 09:04:47 PM

One thing which protects against 51% attacks is MergedMining.  The downsides is, [...] value itself would drop dramaticly and we would screw over all our investors.

[...]

All the ANC ive mined has come from running p2pool locally and pointing my miners onto it.
P2Pool isnt made for noobs/morons, thats why it fails to be big as normal pools.
Mining on a public p2pool node is also bad, the pool op can screw you in many ways. Also it dosnt help decentralization.

Is there currently a "guide" for beginners on how to mine ANC with P2Pool? If its done well (example -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=153232.0) we donate some coins for it (includes maintaining the thread too).

When you say, "pool op can screw you in many ways", do you mean things like :
- alternate payout addys
- "orphans"
- blocks that pay out 10% of normal reward
- extremely high minimum share difficulty
- extremely fast share expiry rate ect..

Can you tell that I've had my fill ? heh...

Are there any plans to integrate P2P with the client ?

Make it 'turn key' and us noobs Tongue (f the morons Grin ) will flock to Anoncoin. lol

K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:07:27 PM

One thing which protects against 51% attacks is MergedMining.  The downsides is, [...] value itself would drop dramaticly and we would screw over all our investors.

[...]

- alternate payout addys
- "orphans"

Make it 'turn key' and us noobs Tongue (f the morons Grin ) will flock to Anoncoin. lol
Yes, things like that.

Do you mean shipping p2pool WITH the ANC QT client?

PS: "morons" wasnt ment as insult, more like a objective view. in case you feel insulted, excuse me Wink

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 01:58:05 AM

[...]

- alternate payout addys
- "orphans"

Yes, things like that.

PS: "morons" wasnt ment as insult, more like a objective view. in case you feel insulted, excuse me Wink

None taken. heh..

Yup.. and done right.. it would make traditional pools a thing of the past. Smiley

K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:03:40 PM

[...]

- alternate payout addys
- "orphans"

Yes, things like that.

None taken. heh..

Yup.. and done right.. it would make traditional pools a thing of the past. Smiley
Ive put it on my "TODO/DISCUSS" list for the team. Will get back to it once i know if its feasible.

[GPG Public Key]
geekz

जगत् िमत

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:22:42 PM

Started working on anoncoinj using https://github.com/Litecoin-Java/bitcoinj.
Let me know , if anyone can help.
geekz

जगत् िमत

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:12:00 PM

Guys new Anoncoin Pool with great rewards and 0 fee has been published. Check our here : http://www.anonmining.com

Another new pool is here : http://koinpool.com/Anoncoin-mining-pool/
Please join and share your views.

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 08:45:39 PM

I know devs must be quite occupied with zerocoin and i2pd implementations (good luck with that by the way). Still I feel a comment from them on the following topic is rather important.

What you plan to do about scrypt ASICs coming to scene and the increased possibility of a 51% attack?

As of today Anoncoin has little more than 1 GH/s of network hashrate. Scrypt ASIC manufacturers are promising devices delivering up to 250 MH/s for the second or third quarter of the current year. Thus, it will be quite easy for an individual miner to do a 51% attack (even now it's easy for a multipool).
Are you planing something to prevent this? Changing PoW to an ASIC resistant algorithm like scrypt-n or to Multi-PoW like Myriad? Changing to PoS or PoW/PoS?

In order to integrate zerocoin an hard fork will be needed. Shouldn't you use this opportunity to also address the PoW issue?

Sorry if this has been asked before. If so, please point me to your previous answer.
Currently there is no ASIC resistant algorithm expect XPM (as its complicate to calculate different kinds of chains including the sieving itself).
I think changing to another PoW is a good idea, but not some "butthurt GPU miner algo". ie, no scrypt-jane/scrypt-n/similiar.

For example, if you look at the scrypt coins when they change their N parameter for the scrypt() call, there are years between switches so you can just create an ASIC for current N. Once N is changes, the ASIC technology is so old that nobody will use them anymore.

Of course i do have alot of GPUs myself too, but i aint greedy. I dont want to say "lets use this algo (so i can mine it with my GPUs, hehehe)" as otherwise this coin would be just worthless like all the others.

One thing which protects against 51% attacks is MergedMining. The downsides is, you can mine anoncoins for free as you dont have to choose between coin X and ANC (in case we stay with scrypt and both are scrypt coins).
Therefore value itself would drop dramaticly and we would screw over all our investors.

Il talk with Gnosis about some Ideas i have wrt PoW algo and with meeh about PoS in general.

Sry for spitting out such a huge post, it had to be said.

I think merged-mining is the way to go and maybe reduce the block reward if needed to maintain the price.  Or possibly go X11 if you want to keep it all GPU mined, but again I'd suggest merged-mining.  No permissions from other coins devs is needed to implement merged-mining BTW.  Also X11 ASIC's will come out sooner rather than later.  So you may as well just go straight to merged-mining on Scrypt and like I said you could always reduce the block reward.

eternalgloom
Legendary

Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 05:26:32 PM

Any reason why the supply is so low (looking at cryptsy)?
Not saying this is a bad thing, just curious.

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 03:48:24 PM

Hey ya'll, I've added ANC to my new Multipool. Would love to have some miners stop by and mine! 0% fees while in beta!

xpool - BTC Multipool

PROP reward system
BTC Payouts
Scrypt & SHA256 Algo's
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
0% Fees while in BETA
To mine:
Cheers and Happy Hashing!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 05:25:03 PM

Hey ya'll, I've added ANC to my new Multipool. Would love to have some miners stop by and mine! 0% fees while in beta!

xpool - BTC Multipool

PROP reward system
BTC Payouts
Scrypt & SHA256 Algo's
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
0% Fees while in BETA
To mine:

It would be better and I would use your X11 multipool if it actually paid out in ANC.

Red Star Mining

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

Est. January 2012

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 05:32:40 PM

We should have 1(GH/s) of Scrypt rigs due in the next four to six weeks.  If your merged the chain with LTC we'd solo merge-mine it until the big pools pick it up.
K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:38:02 PM

xpool - BTC Multipool

PROP reward system
BTC Payouts
Scrypt & SHA256 Algo's
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
0% Fees while in BETA
To mine:
yey Pool hopping and fake "DDoS Protection" Smiley
marketing nowadays...

[GPG Public Key]
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 10:57:16 PM

xpool - BTC Multipool

PROP reward system
BTC Payouts
Scrypt & SHA256 Algo's
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
0% Fees while in BETA
To mine:
marketing nowadays...

Pardon moi?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 01:41:24 AM

xpool - BTC Multipool

PROP reward system
BTC Payouts
Scrypt & SHA256 Algo's
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
0% Fees while in BETA
To mine:
marketing nowadays...

Pardon moi?

I think he meant coin hopping, "let us do the driving" parasitic infection that allegedly has DDoS protection. Tongue

K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:47:26 AM

xpool - BTC Multipool

PROP reward system
BTC Payouts
Scrypt & SHA256 Algo's
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
0% Fees while in BETA
To mine:
marketing nowadays...

Pardon moi?

I think he meant coin hopping, "let us do the driving" parasitic infection that allegedly has DDoS protection. Tongue
No, you can screw other ppls which regularely mine at a pool if the payout system is proportional (to get more infos, check pool hopping, its almost extinct).
DDoS protection in generals is a dream which major flaws, unless you have huge amounts of money at your disposal

[GPG Public Key]
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 12:28:53 PM

marketing nowadays...

Pardon moi?

No, you can screw other ppls which regularely mine at a pool if the payout system is proportional (to get more infos, check pool hopping, its almost extinct).
DDoS protection in generals is a dream which major flaws, unless you have huge amounts of money at your disposal

Pool hopping the coin hoppers. lolz..

crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 01:37:05 PM

marketing nowadays...

Pardon moi?

Pool hopping the coin hoppers. lolz..

Pool hopping on multi pool is pretty much irrelevant anyway.  The pool runs on shifts and you don't get the block reward anyway only what coverts to the payout coin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: