Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:04:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who will win the cloud storage arms race?  (Read 106 times)
Cloud Investor (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:38:05 AM

Let's open a discussion on cloud storage, and wether or not decentralisation poses enough lure to sway the common market away from supposedly more 'reliable' and 'secure' alternatives such as Amazon S3, Google Drive and Dropbox.

What does decentralisation offer the cloud storage space that a centralised service doesn't? Could it come down to cost?

Who will win the arms race from the crypto storage space in 10 years time?

Will it be Siacoin? Maidsafe? Will the fast selling Filecoin come tearing out of the blocks? Or will a low cap project like Internxt blossom into a superior version of Storj from which it forked?

Can they all coexist?

The fact remains that if Google or Amazon wanted to start a decentralised version of their existing service, they have the funding to catapult it years ahead of even the most developed crypto project.

Which begs the question... why aren't they?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cloud Investor (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:24:07 PM

Bumping this up
bob3772

Activity: 415
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:08:36 PM

Cost and security are the incentives over a centralised system. I think that they're all going to fail to achieve their 'potential' because I don't think enough the demand is strong enough for them. If I had to pick I would pick SIAcoin. I hinted at my answer to the last part, I don't think Google and Amazon have because there's no demand for it.

fetokun

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:25:51 PM

If you look in community terms than Siacoin is winning hands down. They have got a very active community and also the developers are very active with the community. They also have a working product which is good but with few bugs.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: