Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:31:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO launch date change?  (Read 170 times)
thinklab71 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:08:13 PM

I guess there is no issue in a ico changing their launch date and making it 3 weeks sooner is there?
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:25:46 PM

I guess there is no issue in a ico changing their launch date and making it 3 weeks sooner is there?
It depends on the reasons, there is the possibility that they thought that some legal issues were going to take a lot of time and they were able to resolve it pretty quickly so they could schedule a new date for the release of the coin if that is the case then you have nothing to worry about in fact this could be a good sign that the developers are doing an even greater job than you thought.
cilgindansci

Activity: 504

umachit.fund

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:31:16 PM

The postponement in ICO is very normal. Sometimes there may be mishaps or significant developments. If ICO is postponed, this may be good news sometimes.

nakamote

Activity: 210

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:33:40 PM

Dude any ICOs that would launch their ICO on a bear market will surely fail,that is the basic thing you need to know when it comes to investing ICOs.No one would ever invest to an ICO when the bears are still dominating the market,because most of the investors are pulling out their money out of the market just to be safe and to cut their losses.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:38:03 PM

Maybe developer team focuses on other things that just money. Maybe there is something to fix or update.
If they change the date of coin destribution after ICO ending - yes, it can be serious cause to assume that project can become something near fraud.
But if they are changing dates when they had not collected any amount of money - it is ok, nothing to worry about

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Melfoy72

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

Taklimakan Network : Business Platform for Crypto

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:45:13 PM

There isn't.  If ICO have already prepared for token sale start... That mean their White list full of participants... and Developers & Founders feel customers impatience.. Why no?

tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:08:17 PM

No, I don’t think there is any issues with changing the dates of ICO launch if there are valid reasons. It might be a good sign if developers are confident decided to bring the launch date earlier.
debuni
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:13:06 PM

It depends. Last year, many ICO's was postponed around Segwit drama and this was a legit reason. But I've seen few cases of moving beginning/end dates in scam attempts.

You must tell us what is the ICO doing it and we will be able to tell is it the reason legitimate or not.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:21:32 PM

No, I don’t think there is any issues with changing the dates of ICO launch if there are valid reasons. It might be a good sign if developers are confident decided to bring the launch date earlier.
They shouldn't change their launch date because they have investors that put money into a project with a date that they thought was going to be viewed publicly.  That's a symptom of bad organization.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:23:18 PM

There's nothing inherently wrong with moving a date but it's not good business practice and it also depends on the reasoning. Normally ICOs are moved back instead of forward. I think there's probably a reason they're moving it forward and it's probably not good, I don't see any really legitimate reason, if you're ready 3 weeks in advance then use that time to be extra prepared and attract more interest

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:31:32 PM

every reason to change the date of launch ICO are should be considered. If it is reasonable, then there is no problem. but if delay the launch date and further delayed several times, it is likely that is scam project. However in this case, I think it's no problem. maybe the process be completed sooner than expected

Make me great again
Melfoy72

Activity: 196

Taklimakan Network : Business Platform for Crypto

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:41:19 PM

every reason to change the date of launch ICO are should be considered. If it is reasonable, then there is no problem. but if delay the launch date and further delayed several times, it is likely that is scam project. However in this case, I think it's no problem. maybe the process be completed sooner than expected

If it delayed  - ok.
But he wrote SOONer. Smiley
In this case it's no problem I think. Devs want to release project as soon as possible.

MaiQwaN

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:57:17 PM

It is likely that some teams may postpone or change their ICO launch date in order to resolve important legal issues or to wait out an unfavorable period. This is very correct behavior.
myrliska1313

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:18:45 PM

For four months of participating in bounty companies, already three companies have extended or postponed ICO dates, I think this is normal.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:47:24 PM

It all depend on the reason the team give for postponing their ICO, some mentioned regulation, some legal isuues some bear market. I like team that can talk and fully their ICO and not just there to suck out people money. When Wepower postponed their ICO, they were able to raise enough cash for their ICO

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
bornforfreedom

Activity: 203
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:50:25 PM

I don't think so. Right now you see all kinds of things going on. Some companies are even skipping the ICO. Solid project called Algebraix is skipping their ICO and keeping it private pre-sale. https://algebraix.io/
Agozyen

Activity: 672

Until the end

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:28:35 PM

Not really.  A delay might be a red flag but moving it forward wouldn't concern me.  They may have changed the timing because another ICO was going on at the same time.  Did they give a reason for moving it forward?
vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:45:45 PM

For me thats even better because market is in bad condition so its better to wait a little bit.
There is little money coming in and its more for altcoins and not for ICOs
pooque

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:55:44 PM

This is normally happens when the bear market has come,because no investors would invest when the market is bearish or failing because they could have lose a lot of money when the market wont recover in time,that is why most of the ICO founders to postpone these upcoming events,so that the whole project would have good chance of getting success.

Nagricoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 03:55:12 AM

Better to ask team about reason.
Because sometime this is not a problem, but sometimes not

🌱🌻🥕NAGRICOIN🍅🌽🌾
👉🏻🍏Nagri - we are what we eat, invest in it!🍏👈🏻
✔️Check out the link in 🌎
Fafabol

Activity: 267

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:06:07 AM

It depends on the reasons, there is the possibility that they thought that some legal issues were going to take a lot of time and they were able to resolve it pretty quickly so they could schedule a new date for the release of the coin if that is the case then you have nothing to worry about in fact this could be a good sign that the developers are doing an even greater job than you thought.

I believe so and there's nothing wrong if it gets too sooner and it's even more better I think than postpone ICO. I always see ICO that move their date to more late because there's an issue needed to be resolve and when they launch their ICO their tokens easily sold out in no time and the long wait is worthy.
armarsterling7

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:27:56 AM

The sooner a signal is made good of that ICO. That means that their staff has done a very good job in the shortest possible time and the project will be carried out very soon to save time.
In general, ICOs ending early or early opening is a good signal for investors and bounty hunters. So you should not be so worried about this.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
drachman

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:39:49 AM

Dude any ICOs that would launch their ICO on a bear market will surely fail,that is the basic thing you need to know when it comes to investing ICOs.No one would ever invest to an ICO when the bears are still dominating the market,because most of the investors are pulling out their money out of the market just to be safe and to cut their losses.
This is not true at all, the success of an ico is determined by the quality of the project itself not by the market in fact in a bear market you can get some pretty good projects for cheap so if you have the money and you have a good eye to select icos that are going to be successful that is the time to invest since you can make many times over your investment.
Step NOY

Activity: 136

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:05:28 AM

Well just before this in my opinion a good thing, no? so the Office is sure that theirs ICO is a good idea, and behind it will be profit. Nothing to worry about.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: