Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:41:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think the forked coins are a waste of time?  (Read 168 times)
travelgear17 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:07:23 PM

The last month has seen a spate of high profile forks, as zclassic (ZCL), eth classic, and litecoin have all split to create new coins. Each of these has a shared history with its parent chain. In the run-up to the fork, many investors bought in hoping to claim their free dividend, or simply to chase the pump expected to push prices higher.
I know now that is one of my coins announces a fork, I'm out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:41:33 PM

Most likely they are "as you said a waste of time " because conventionally forked coins are being created in order to solve a problem in the main coin ( which is incapable to resolve that problem "at least temporarily " ), & because cryptos are in a permanent improvement process , mother coins are being more intended to resolve these problems ( such as fees , confirmation time ...)
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:17:19 AM

it depends what the forked coins.
basically i dont know what the real reason why they create a fork.
like the new , people call calisto .
forked coins from ETC
its funny considering ETCDEV has NOT been working on that project, they don’t support and don’t endorse it
so , maybe you right , just wasting fo the time.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
manoy

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:38:17 AM

Forked coins only makes these developers wealthier,these are just created so they can make millions of dollars out from nothing.Most of these doesnt even resolve the issues of the network and these developer are making it a hobby to fork these stupid and worthless coins.
drofroLinden

Activity: 120

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:42:21 AM

Yes. I think forkcoin is useless just for earn money. The found make out some " reasons " to fork a coin. But the reasons are bullshit. Just for make money.
Brothersav

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:47:14 AM

Yes. I think forkcoin is useless just for earn money. The found make out some " reasons " to fork a coin. But the reasons are bullshit. Just for make money.

Well formed coins are there to improve on existing blockchain. Take eth. It was a fork due to a major security issue. Now etc is left behind. As for bitcoin derivatives you can argue they all improve on something from the original bitcoin chain. However how useful they are depends on if the markets what it. I'll say yes and no to this question. Some forks are needed some forks are pure cash grabs.

sonphamuser

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:56:49 AM

The last month has seen a spate of high profile forks, as zclassic (ZCL), eth classic, and litecoin have all split to create new coins. Each of these has a shared history with its parent chain. In the run-up to the fork, many investors bought in hoping to claim their free dividend, or simply to chase the pump expected to push prices higher.

Humm after Bitcoin hard fork  Bitcoin Cash, i have seen many other coin doing the same thing as XVG, NXT, they were pumped many times before the fork time, but now as you see with the case of ZCL, i think you should leave it early
shandi albert

Activity: 308

FXPay.io

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:26:13 AM

Usually this is done to secure crypto network or adapt to the increasing number of coin users. Usually causes a mismatch between the old version and the new version.

ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:31:18 AM

It is increasing the block size so many users are easily contact in anywhere and it improves the transaction speed. It is one kind update this is digital world day by day new technology is arrival in the world we should accept the new technology otherwise we cannot survive in the digital platform.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
Mikado$

Activity: 170

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:54:59 AM

There are many issues to consider in this regard. In the crypto market with much competition and constant development, some will lag behind without further effort. I think these come from the problem of their internal conflict. They try to separate by focusing on it but not much effect. In other words, the gadgets they create do not bring a practical sense of purpose to users. It will be easily forgotten.
DISCMAN

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:59:27 AM

Most likely they are "as you said a waste of time " because conventionally forked coins are being created in order to solve a problem in the main coin ( which is incapable to resolve that problem "at least temporarily " ), & because cryptos are in a permanent improvement process , mother coins are being more intended to resolve these problems ( such as fees , confirmation time ...)

If that the case, then probably forked coin is  useless knowing that this is not incapable in resolving a problem. Where in, many are expected that it can resolved but the truth is not. So, its really a waste of time either.
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:00:21 AM

fork not always a bad idea, but sometimes fork is means nothing at all they just trying make a profit for the coin to have a better value by add new coin. i dont think fork will solve value problem it only make the value even worse and thats only mean dividing the value. in some case hard fork is good for example titanium, titanium doing hard fork to fix the problem of stealed coin. So the conclusion is hard fork not always bad it depends the purpose itself

SGToken

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:25:30 AM

Most of the forked coins (except Bitcoin Cash) are so-called "air coins" and don't have much community support or development force. Investing in such coins is highly risky and are not meant for small individual investors.
napi

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:55:06 AM

it seems that they only use the good news from the coin because they just want to make a profit only and after already getting the profit they will sell and make the price back down. so play trading just follow the path then you will get a lot of profits.
jgoods

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:00:37 AM

Forking allows more rapid innovation. If you have to start your code base from scratch then you're spending time doing work you dont need to. Forks are efficient.
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:17:09 AM

what you say is correct, that in hard fork everyone just wants a free coin from airdrop and hope to get a profit from the pump. but you have to remember, all of them have risks, if you get a profit soon leave, lest you get stuck like nxt and ignis holders.
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:24:25 AM

If a fork comes with a reason then it worth to have the fork, but if it is just another xyz bitcoin fork then it is a waste of time for normal users however developers can make money from it.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:28:18 AM

It really depends on who forks the coin.  If it's a team that has the knowledge to continue developing and marketing the project, then it could definitely be worth it and you can see the price growths.  If it's just someone who forks it and ends up dumping it for the real coin than you might end up wasting your time and more importantly, your money. 
ksiazek7

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:31:50 AM

Seems a bit extreme to jump out of the coin if it has a fork.  I mean lots of times it seems like it isn't even a fork recognized by the main team like the Litecoin one and the Monero one recently.

A T O M Z  ǁ  Cryptocurrency Investing Done Easy
▔▔▔▔▔▔  ❨❨   Token Sale Starts Soon   ❩❩  ▔▔▔▔▔▔
healthcarep

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:37:25 AM

I respectfully disagree. we now have a record,a history of effects from forking and it isn't desirable. beginning returned with BCH fork,it became a unhappiness and others have been as nicely. I do no longer know why this this cycle happens of unfastened falls in costs after forks. but I plan to step aside and look forward to the sell off and get back in later.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: