Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:35:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Wants to Ban ICO and Crypto Ads?!  (Read 836 times)
Blackhammer321

Activity: 400
Merit: 59

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 09:21:05 AM

Although this news had been gone for too long. I wanted to clarify things in regards to this issue to remove FUD over newbie investors in this industry. The ICO ads bitcoin had banned were those that are violating the google license agreement wherein these ICOs might have been spamming their ads without consent to people's feed and  timeline or whatsoever. So nothing to fear in general. Google banned the ones that only violated their agreements.
trader34

Activity: 434
Merit: 38

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 09:52:47 AM

Google to Ban ICO and Crypto Ads - Sources
Market became green too early?
Time for FUD?

I think it's just a phase. Sooner they will allow again the possibility to advertise ICOs with their ads. In the end, they are giving up a lot of money with this stupid ban...
AlexanderAnthony

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:30:09 PM

Google talks about banning the cryptocurrency and all ICO ads as it seeks to “tackle emerging threats”. Google said its ban includes cryptocurrency exchanges and wallets. The google ban will takes place in june. The company will also begin blocking some gambling ads, such as those for services using virtual items worth real-world money, known as , as it seeks to “combat new threats and improve the ads experience online”

MFahad

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 05:38:25 PM

Time for FUD?

Not only google, but also facebook and twitter has followed this and they are also banning the ICO ads. I have heard unconfirmed news that Linkedin is also planing to block such ads. So i think the whole social media is banning them. The Thing to understand is that they are only banning ICO ads and not the bitcoins itself. So it should have no effect on the bitcoin volume and prices.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
vinzon04295

Activity: 75
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:16:08 AM

Time for FUD?

Not only google, but also facebook and twitter has followed this and they are also banning the ICO ads. I have heard unconfirmed news that Linkedin is also planing to block such ads. So i think the whole social media is banning them. The Thing to understand is that they are only banning ICO ads and not the bitcoins itself. So it should have no effect on the bitcoin volume and prices.

I think that this platforms has been paid by big banks to do this because they see bitcoin as their biggest competitors,
CryptoProphet

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:14:34 AM

Google forbids advertising Ico, to exclude the possibility of legal problems, in some countries the legal apparatus is developed so much that, as we remember, there are situations when people stuck their pets in the microwave oven, suing  with the manufacturers, because there were no instructions prohibiting it. I see a certain similarity in this.
vinzon04295

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:38:31 AM

Google forbids advertising Ico, to exclude the possibility of legal problems, in some countries the legal apparatus is developed so much that, as we remember, there are situations when people stuck their pets in the microwave oven, suing  with the manufacturers, because there were no instructions prohibiting it. I see a certain similarity in this.

yes absolutely right this is only the move of google to prevent users from investing in scams  but there are good ICO I hope they will just filter those websites
copyfile

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:43:18 PM

I think it is impossible to prohibit the advertising of ICO on Facebook, given the work of Facebook algorithms, which can not completely exclude the advertising of cryptocurrency projects, since the creators of ads go for tricks – specifically distort the words to circumvent the ban. For example, now you can see the headers with such words as "bitc0in", "8itcoin", Bltcoin", where in the first case, the inserted zero in the second figure eight, and the third is the letter "I", English letter L. Imagination has no limits, and willing to talk about the cryptocurrency world does not stop any bans.
Therefore, we are not afraid of any prohibitions
Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:02:17 PM

I think it is impossible to prohibit the advertising of ICO on Facebook, given the work of Facebook algorithms, which can not completely exclude the advertising of cryptocurrency projects, since the creators of ads go for tricks – specifically distort the words to circumvent the ban. For example, now you can see the headers with such words as "bitc0in", "8itcoin", Bltcoin", where in the first case, the inserted zero in the second figure eight, and the third is the letter "I", English letter L. Imagination has no limits, and willing to talk about the cryptocurrency world does not stop any bans.
Therefore, we are not afraid of any prohibitions
It will be just a matter of technique how can we will be able to represent what we wanted and banning may only be temporary. It is impossible to ban those we gained something at first.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Maikl

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:11:56 PM

I think that Google will soon announce its own ico. And so, like advertising bans, Google clears its way and frees itself from competitors.
vinzon04295

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:54:01 AM

google is just regulating the ICO ads in their platform as of today because there are a quite lot of ICO in the ads of google I always gets some of them so I think they are just regulating the ICO and not banning it.,
averkii

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:08:25 AM

I am not surprised with the news as they have taken similar steps in past for some companies. Problems is some people are fooling people with their fraud crypto projects and thus Google had to ban all ads.
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:55:05 AM

There is a big impact in the crypto community if ever the banning of google even in the search engine will become true. Facebook already banned ICOs next is the google. For sure, other social media site like twitter will also follow their ban to ICO.
There a great effect whenever google bans the ICO, specially if the investors are using google to search for a good investment. I hope that it will not affect much of the price and hopefully, it was just a FUD news.

The Google ban is to take effect next month. However, I don't think it has a tremendous effect in the crypto community, more especially on ICO investors as there are other search engines out there aside from Google, like Yahoo, Bing, Ask.com, AOL.com, etc. Also, I think that it's far better to ask the community here in the forum for good ICO investment rather than using Google as you might get scammed... it's the reason why they'll ban it, because of ICO scam, right?  Grin 

Catakou14

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:21:25 PM

Google banned ICO and crypto ads because they don't want to get involved with some scam ICO. Because some scammers used Google to scam people.
Bruce1614

Activity: 144
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:55:50 PM

To begin with facebook now google so if google will boycott the advertisements identified with crypto then perhaps recordings on yt's identified with bitcoin will be expel as well? In my blog I cannot see a promotions identified with cryptographic money I think they as of now did that, they are not into digital currency that is colossal ruin. Sure they really want crypto to go on its pit of chaos
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:28:55 PM

Those are obviously fake news since everyday I keep seeing new ads from ICO on Google and youtube. Anyway Google wouldn't bann crypto ads because there is no reason for them to do that. They probably ban shit ICO that are spamming with ads everywhere and look suspicious but they do that with any ad that doesn't look good. There are no official news from Google saying they have something with cryptocurrencies because they don't have any reasons for that.
aitrading

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 02:32:20 PM

For well-known crypto don't need advertisement. Investors will make own research, anyway.
Bet9ja111

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:19:16 PM

Twitter has already banned crypto ads i think if google does the same it will be a big blow to the crypto tech world because this ads creates awareness and gives usefull information to prospective investers
Ludmilla_rose1995

Activity: 1574
Merit: 157

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:53:02 PM

finally Google follow FB and Twitter policy to prohibit crypto ads and ICO due to the rampant scam, malware, and phishing in the ad. as we know that Google plays an important role in ICO sales and I think this will slightly affect the impact of current market prices, this is bad news because the possibility of prices going down

poli.isk

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:01:47 PM

a lot of information and news I know from the forum is cool. but I'm a little confused as to how this could affect the price? or the risk is dangerous and you can lose your investment?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: