Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:17:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mention on Alex Jones Today & Mention of Bitcoin Forum URL  (Read 6678 times)
bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 07:32:06 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2011, 07:48:19 PM by bitrebel

.......coming soon

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 07:34:44 PM

Did he bring it up or was it a caller?
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 07:40:59 PM

That was SWEET!!!

I put out the mention of the bitcoin forum as well. Should stir up quite a bit of attention!

Alex Jones is ON IT NOW!

Just turned MILLIONS of people onto the idea of bitcoin JUST NOW!!!

If anyone wants to donate:  Grin

1AwUSBeJDMxqH8KjMSNXaXVPw7rJm3Vo4v

awozny

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 07:41:48 PM

About time Alex mentioned this phenomena ... cheers
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 07:43:05 PM

Did he bring it up or was it a caller?

I brought it up as a caller for Alex Jones and Bob Chapman. They actually listened to me and took my information as I spoke. Alex mentioned that he has heard of it before. He actually refrained from bashing it. I got some great words in about and a cool mention of the exact website here at bitcoin forum for people to come learn more about it. Alex stated he would be looking into it more.

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 07:43:41 PM

Link to the recorded air show anyone?
Bitcoin Swami

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 07:45:05 PM

That was SWEET!!!

I put out the mention of the bitcoin forum as well. Should stir up quite a bit of attention!

Alex Jones is ON IT NOW!

Just turned MILLIONS of people onto the idea of bitcoin JUST NOW!!!

If anyone wants to donate:  Grin

1AwUSBeJDMxqH8KjMSNXaXVPw7rJm3Vo4v

Great JOb! Although I find it very hard seeing alex promoting it.  I'm sure alot of his listeners will dig deep.  I used to be a pretty devoted listener.
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 07:47:22 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2011, 08:03:20 PM by bitrebel

Link to the recorded air show anyone?

http://www.prisonplanet.com - Go to Alex Jones Radio Show / Then Listen Live, then listen to the stream. It repeats all day along. Someone will post the clip to youtube in due time. It was in his fourth hour with Bob. As soon as I can, if possible, i'll link it up here.

Im not sure if they replay the 4th hour though. If not, someone with an account will have to post the clip to youtube.

bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 09:31:49 PM

Who ever brought this up was an idiot, he completely failed to explain the concept behind bitcoins. The next person to mention bitcoin to alex jones needs to mention max keiser and the fact that he talks about it regularly, they are friends, so if anyone can explain bitcoins to alex it would be max.

Well I don't see you trying day after day to get on a program that only takes calls for a brief period of time, only a few times a week. I don't see you taking on a host that will easily cut you off at the slightest whim and cut your throat on air for dominance. Talking about bitcoins with someone as popular as Alex, or mentioning the forum on a program listened to by millions daily. I don't see you doing anything, actually, but putting people down with insults. Everything takes time and has to start somewhere. Yes Max likes bitcoins, but if Alex knows little about it and the listeners are not very familiar with it, then does it hurt or help to mention on air and help spread the message? Maybe next time, Alex will be more open yet, and have someone on air to talk to about bitcoins. maybe it's be Max. You should not be so harsh. Everything we do to promote bitcoins in a positive light, is helpful for everyone. If it bothers you, send me a bitcoin donation, and i'll never do it again.  Grin

bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 09:36:45 PM

Here it is everyone...starts at approx. 6:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW31NnmAZHo

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2011, 09:51:58 PM

Alex Jones listener base is huge...

I can see them all looking into it over the weekend, setting up a Dwolla account, it takes about 2 week days to activate, they begin their money transfers on Tuesday from their bank accounts, they get the money through Thursday or Friday and boom...price skyrocket by the end of the week.

Smiley

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 09:55:34 PM

I Think you did a wonderfull job bitrebel!

I emailed them guy somewhere end 2010/early 2011 but i never got a reply.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 09:57:28 PM

Just listened, great stuff!! He was skeptical like any of us were at first but he took a note of it. I wouldn't be surprised Alex talking more about it in the future after this conversation.  Good job bitrebel!
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 10:02:06 PM

I can see them all looking into it over the weekend, setting up a Dwolla account, it takes about 2 week days to activate, they begin their money transfers on Tuesday from their bank accounts, they get the money through Thursday or Friday and boom...price skyrocket by the end of the week.

Smiley

I was thinking the same thing. lol
Glad I just got another $200 into tradehill.
Now if it'll just dip a little before the run up.

bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 10:10:44 PM

Just listened, great stuff!! He was skeptical like any of us were at first but he took a note of it. I wouldn't be surprised Alex talking more about it in the future after this conversation.  Good job bitrebel!

Thanks. You know the great thing is, his audience is the perfect crowd for this information and concept. They all hate the bankers and they all know the power and evil of central banking systems. But then again, you have the red necks that don't trust anything computer centralized, so it should be interesting. His crowd in the last few years has gotten younger and younger and now it's mainstream in many ways, but they are mostly all rebels at heart.

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 10:21:52 PM

Smiley

I wish before anyone runs to setup Dwolla account they learn as much as possible about bitcoins not just buying in to the hype. This way they will be able to handle exchange swings a little better and it will provide more stability and support to the whole project in the future.
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 10:25:18 PM

Smiley

I wish before anyone runs to setup Dwolla account they learn as much as possible about bitcoins not just buying in to the hype. This way they will be able to handle exchange swings a little better and it will provide more stability and support to the whole project in the future.

In any case a weekend should be enough time for good research. It took me 30 seconds into my first bitcoin article to be curious, 30 minutes of research to be excited and about 6-8 hours to fully comprehend how it all fit together. I might be a bit above or below average but I'd imagine two full days should be enough research time for anyone (at least anyone who actually listens to Alex Jones) to have at least a solid picture of what bitcoin is, what it aims to do and how to make it all work.
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 10:34:33 PM

Smiley

In any case a weekend should be enough time for good research. It took me 30 seconds into my first bitcoin article to be curious, 30 minutes of research to be excited and about 6-8 hours to fully comprehend how it all fit together. I might be a bit above or below average but I'd imagine two full days should be enough research time for anyone (at least anyone who actually listens to Alex Jones) to have at least a solid picture of what bitcoin is, what it aims to do and how to make it all work.

I would expect to see a small explosion from this. Not like the Silkroad article of course, but better publicity nonetheless. But the time it will take...some will get into it right away, others will raise their eyebrows, and be more aware of it than before. I'm thinking Bob Chapman's ears perked up a bit when I mentioned they went from 6 cents to over $15. That's something he will pay attention to. That would be cool if Bob Chapman Max Kieser and Alex would do a shirt segment on bitcoins. People need to let him know now. Now that he's awake to it.

Bitcoin Swami

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 10:40:51 PM

Great job man!  Were you nervous talking to the AJ man himself? lol
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 10:48:53 PM

Great job man!  Were you nervous talking to the AJ man himself? lol

lol, a little, yes. It's intimidating because he gets agro very easily and it's his show. He has cut me off before in the past on other subjects and not allowed me to speak, so I know it's easy to get censored by him. I wish I had fit more potent info into the small time I had to speak. Like the blockchain explanation a little and transactions and verification. I'll call in again in a month or two and he'll be more prepped for the call by then. I'll get further into the details. Hopefully, now i'll get some more time and respect from him when I call in about it.

I think Bob will love the idea when he get's his head wrapped around it. He'll tell Alex how powerful it really is, and Alex will show lots of respect for bitcoin in the near future.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: