Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:29:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mention on Alex Jones Today & Mention of Bitcoin Forum URL  (Read 6678 times)
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 11:05:18 PM

Great job man!  Were you nervous talking to the AJ man himself? lol

Wouldn't be surprised. It's pretty common to be nervous calling a talk show. Hell, I was nervous when I was a GUEST on Alex Jones.

The main things to remember are: Keep your points very short and to the point, and if the host wants to blather on for a while, let him go. He'll run out of breath eventually.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 11:06:27 PM

Wouldn't be surprised. It's pretty common to be nervous calling a talk show. Hell, I was nervous when I was a GUEST on Alex Jones.

The main things to remember are: Keep your points very short and to the point, and if the host wants to blather on for a while, let him go. He'll run out of breath eventually.

When were you a guest?
AtlasONo

Activity: 551

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 11:16:46 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2011, 11:31:55 PM by AtlasONo

Oh boy more morons/conspiracy theorists/christian fundamentalists on the forum. As if the bit-community wasn't bad enough already.  Roll Eyes
elk-tamer

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 11:22:12 PM

You did well, bitrebel. What did fatty mean when he asked how it was denominated? Whether it's tied to the USD?

I've heard the name Alex Jones before, but never actually listened to his show. He sounds a little crazy to me.
error

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 11:26:50 PM

When were you a guest?

2007, maybe? It's been quite a while.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 11:27:50 PM

You did well, bitrebel. What did fatty mean when he asked how it was denominated? Whether it's tied to the USD?

I've heard the name Alex Jones before, but never actually listened to his show. He sounds a little crazy to me.

Alex is pretty cool. He has done a lot for the freedom movement. He has his flaws though. he's human.
I think he completely misunderstood the concept, actually. It's denominated IN BITCOIN. That's what I should have said. The idea needed much more fleshing out on the air, and more time would be needed for it. Hopefully next time. Trying to teach Alex about something completely new is like trying to teach a kid to swim or to ride a bike. It almost certainly never happens the first time.

Also, Alex is a gold bug, and some of them miss the concept of bitcoin because they feel it lacks tangible value. I think Alex will see the light though on this one. He is very open minded, yet stubborn. Much like myself.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
killer2021

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 11:36:27 PM

He doesn't understand how it is at all. He asks what its denominated in because most of these alternate currencies are devised entirely from dollars. So if the dollar is being inflated so is this alternate currency.

Anonymous Cash-By-Mail Exchange: https://www.bitcoin2cash.com
1H6mqgB6UcqKt2SrCmhjxUp9np1Xrbkdj7
SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 11:40:02 PM

I applaud the effort, but it did not look like he was at all interested or intrigued by bitcoins. I have not heard of his name before (Maybe I'm living under a rock) but I imagine if his show is as well known as people seem to think, this will generate quite a bit of momentum.

The host does seem like kind of a dink.

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 11:47:19 PM

I applaud the effort, but it did not look like he was at all interested or intrigued by bitcoins. I have not heard of his name before (Maybe I'm living under a rock) but I imagine if his show is as well known as people seem to think, this will generate quite a bit of momentum.

His websites are just under some of the top websites for news on the internet. His radio show has more listeners than practically any show out there today. He is THE KING of alternative media and his program is simulcast all around the world by hundreds of affiliates. He is heard by millions worldwide daily.

SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 11:57:05 PM

His websites are just under some of the top websites for news on the internet. His radio show has more listeners than practically any show out there today. He is THE KING of alternative media and his program is simulcast all around the world by hundreds of affiliates. He is heard by millions worldwide daily.

So what you're saying is that he is a dink? Smiley

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 11:59:30 PM

Well I do stand up for him on occasion, but I would not defend him against that accusation.  Wink

foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 12:17:46 AM

Well I do stand up for him on occasion, but I would not defend him against that accusation.  Wink

Oh come on, AJ is not a dink. He is just enthusiastic and realistic about the war he's fighting. We are up against some extremely ruthless people, playing nicey-nice is not going to go very far. Granted it's not the best way to draw people in, but its his nature, and he wouldn't be AJ if he didn't cut people off and go on thumping rants!
Bitman_Begins

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2011, 12:21:12 AM

That was SWEET!!!

I put out the mention of the bitcoin forum as well. Should stir up quite a bit of attention!

Alex Jones is ON IT NOW!

Just turned MILLIONS of people onto the idea of bitcoin JUST NOW!!!

If anyone wants to donate:  Grin

1AwUSBeJDMxqH8KjMSNXaXVPw7rJm3Vo4v
Hah. Maybe that's the reason why it will rise this weekend?

Want to join Tradehill.com? Please use this referral code as you join: TH-R18919

Join the Bitcoin Randomizer using this link and start winning Bitcoins! http://rand.bitcat.ch/?ref=128

Tip me! 1NBN21CDpuc6Gyns2oqRjDSvxaanMeYfbY
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 12:26:03 AM

now AJ and his fans can donate to wikileaks =)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 12:53:13 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2011, 03:46:55 AM by cypherdoc

bitrebel:  congrats on your efforts to spread the word.  you know i'm a fan of yours right?  but i have a few suggestions the next time you appear on Alex's show.

1.  don't talk about mining.  its confusing.
2.  don't talk about the blockchain.  its even more confusing.
3.  say that bitcoin is "digital gold".  that'll definitely make them sit up.
4.  say that only a fixed number will be issued and then NO MORE.
5.  say that since its digital it can be instantaneously transported across borders w/o detection.  they'll immediately realize the implications of this.
6.  don't say anything about "cryptocurrency" or "cryptography".  this makes it sound like bitcoin is trying to hide something along the likes of Silk Road and other illegal activities.
7.  say that bitcoins are secured by "advanced mathematical algorithms" that prevent counterfeiting.  sounds impressive.
8.  try to avoid saying anything about Satoshi since an unknown character brings to mind a shady type character or hidden agenda.
9.  do explain that the decentralized or "spread out" nature of bitcoin computers makes it indestructable to gov't or Fed intervention.    they'll like that.
10.  when they ask what its denominated in say that bitcoin is a currency UNTO ITSELF and "floats" in value against other fiat currencies like the USD but bitcoin is in fact NOT a fiat currency.  you might mention that you think that bitcoin will become the gold std against which all other currencies will be measured.
11. i wouldn't recommend newbies go to forum.bitcoin.org especially with all the trolls we've been getting there recently.  the best place for them to go to learn about bitcoin is bitcoin.org which explains all the facts and has references.

love ya man.
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 12:57:25 AM

bitrebel:  congrats on your efforts to spread the word.  you know i'm a fan of yours right?  but i have a few suggestions the next time you appear on Alex's show.

5.  say that since its digital it can be instantaneously transported across borders w/o detection.  they'll immediately realize the implications of this.
6.  don't say anything about "cryptocurrency" or "cryptography".  this makes it sound like bitcoin is trying to hide something along the likes of Silk Road and other illegal activities.
7.  say that bitcoins are secured by "advanced mathematical algorithms" that prevent counterfeiting.  sounds impressive.
8.  try to avoid saying anything about Satoshi since an unknown character brings to mind a shady type character or hidden agenda.
9.  do explain that the decentralized or "spread out" nature of bitcoin makes it indestructable to gov't or Fed intervention.    they'll like that.
10.  when they ask what its denominated in say that bitcoin is a currency unto itself and "floats" in value against other fiat currencies like the USD but bitcoin is in fact NOT a fiat currency.  you might mention that you think that bitcoin will become the gold std against which all other currencies will be measured.
11. i wouldn't recommend newbies go to forum.bitcoin.org especially with all the trolls we've been getting there recently.  the best place for them to go to learn about bitcoin is bitcoin.org which explains all the facts and has references.

love ya man.

love right back to you, Bro. Thanks Cypherdoc. I'm actually going to make a list of short concept points based on your post, and gather a nice little list together for the next time I call in. I'll start by telling him I have a short list of the best points about it and then have him ask me questions about any one of them. That's very helpful. Together, we'll take this ship back from the pirates....I mean, uhem, Masons.

and of course, when we do, we'll raise the flag of the Bitcoin.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 01:05:32 AM

9.  do explain that the decentralized or "spread out" nature of bitcoin makes it indestructable to gov't or Fed intervention.    they'll like that.
10.  when they ask what its denominated in say that bitcoin is a currency unto itself and "floats" in value against other fiat currencies like the USD but bitcoin is in fact NOT a fiat currency.  you might mention that you think that bitcoin will become the gold std against which all other currencies will be measured.

love ya man.

love right back to you, Bro. Thanks Cypherdoc. I'm actually going to make a list of short concept points based on your post, and gather a nice little list together for the next time I call in. I'll start by telling him I have a short list of the best points about it and then have him ask me questions about any one of them. That's very helpful. Together, we'll take this ship back from the pirates....I mean, uhem, Masons.

thats an excellent strategy.  get what you want out on to the table first and fast before they cut you off.  i know how tough that must be under pressure knowing that they can cut you off at any second. 

study that interview and ask yourself what you could've done better. 

all in all a great effort.
lettucebee

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 03:14:54 AM

Good job, bitreb!  Would you do us a favor and share your short list of the best points here?  I think we should all have an elevator version of what is bitcoin handy. thanks.

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████
          ████            ████  ████

████            ████  ████
          ████  ████  ████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
  ▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
TELEGRAM  FACEBOOK  TWITTER
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 03:33:55 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2011, 04:11:20 AM by Vladimir

@cypherdoc, you just wrote bitcoin PR manual.

I'll restate your points and will add some

Don't mention:
- mining
- blockchain
- crypto (unless it goes into technical details and you are asked how it is implemented)
- satoshi
- forum
- specific exchanges and businesses (unless you've been paid for that, maybe)

Do say:
- "digital gold"
- there never will be more than 21 million of bitcoin in existance
- bitcoin is secured by "advanced mathematical algorithms"
- "no government can repeal laws of mathematics"
- decentralized with no single entity to be shut-down or pressured, just like bittorrent
- quick and low cost payments over internet,
- can be easily and covertly transported over national borders
- negligible transaction fees
- "Disruptive disintermediation" (if audience seems to have above average IQ)
- pseudonymous and potentially anonymous transactions
- accounts cannot be "frozen"
- can make donations to wikileaks etc
- easier to store and transport than gold
- it is just like gold which you can teleport to anyone on the planet
- bitcon.org
- valued below 1$ in Spring 2011, valued at <whatever> dollars now.
- traded on a number of independent exchanges, which set up valuation against fiat currencies.
- potential low cost replacement of interbank settlement networks such as SWIFT

feel free to add to these lists

@all, do not freaking even think to speak to media before reading this.  Wink

-
GoWest

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2011, 03:53:42 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2011, 04:14:35 AM by GoWest

Don't mention:
- mining
- blockchain
- crypto (unless it goes into technical details and you are asked how it is implemented)
- satoshi
- forum

Do say:
- "digital gold"
- there never will be more than 21 million of bitcoin in existance
- bitcoin is secured by "advanced mathematical algorithms"
- "no government can repeal laws of mathematics"
- decentralized with no single entity to be shut-down or pressured, just like bittorrent
- instant payment over internet,
- can be easily and covertly transported over national borders
- negligible transaction fees
- "Disruptive disintermediation" (if audience seems to have above average IQ)
- pseudonymous and potentially anonymous transactions
- accounts cannot be "frozen"
- can make donations to wikileaks etc
- easier to store and transport than gold
- it is just like gold which you can teleport to anyone on the planet
- bitcon.org
- valued below 1$ in Spring 2011, valued at <whatever> dollars now.

Good list.  I tried to explain Bitcoin to my family and started dropping all sorts of terminology (i.e., distributed ledger stored in a blockchain) and I completely lost them - and my mother started drooling on herself.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: