Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:04:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The English word of the day  (Read 124 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 12:10:45 AM

As and when I feel like it, I'll post some words that I think are misused on the Internet. I'm going to start with a triplet.

Insure - This is an arrangement with a company to pay compensation in the even of an unfortunate incident. For example, you would insure you car against damage in the event of an accident.

Ensure - make sure that something will happen, or make sure that you can obtain something. For example. when buying a notebook computer, ensure that the power supply is the correct one for your local electical voltage.

Assure - Confirm that an event will happen. For example, I can assure you that if you continue to make good posts on Bitcoin Talk, then you will have a smooth passage through the ranks.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:17:20 AM

As and when I feel like it, I'll post some words that I think are misused on the Internet.
I don't think it belongs to this section. Here beginners seek help about Bitcoin/crypto related stuff.
Its not discussion board about language. You could probably put that in Offtopic section of forum.
Longer_10

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:21:26 AM

I think thos topic shouldn't be discussed in this forum
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 08:00:01 AM

In response to the above suggestions, I have moved this thread to off topic.

In view of the lack of interest, I have closed it.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: