Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:21:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk Registrations closed-off since Oct 10, 2013  (Read 932 times)
min0r (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:02:00 PM

Hello,

A friend of mine who is interested in posting on these forums, emailed me and mentioned that registrations seem to be closed-off.

On the offset it looks like an error, however I am wondering if the powers that be decided to stop at 150k members!

Was there a reason for the shutdown?
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:03:49 PM

Hello,

A friend of mine who is interested in posting on these forums, emailed me and mentioned that registrations seem to be closed-off.

On the offset it looks like an error, however I am wondering if the powers that be decided to stop at 150k members!

New registrations are processed by US Federal Government employees who are currently furloughed.
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:13:32 PM

Hello,

Recently the forum has been hacked; admins are still sorting things out.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 09:40:51 PM

Hello,

New registrations are processed by US Federal Government employees who are currently furloughed.

You sound so serious I'm starting to believe you  Lips sealed
But I' pretty sure it was the attack that recently happened.
udet4food

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:00:54 PM

You need new account ?  Tongue

Wow, you got scammer tag pretty quickly after 7 posts.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:15:36 PM

You need new account ?  Tongue

Wow, you got scammer tag pretty quickly after 7 posts.

LOL.  From zero to scammer in barely longer than it takes to get out of the noob cage.  Wonder how he managed that.
pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:35:54 PM

Hello,

Don't worry soon you your friend will be able to try and scam register with the forum again...

darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:02:12 PM

From this post by Maged in another forum.

Great work, everyone!

The following accounts have all been compromised and will be marked as a scammer until the real owner reclaims them:
anonameous, matthewdowns1128A1F5, williamsnider72, sarajasie0C2C, kellyhuta64, CrowdCrackingGroup, bryankfurw05, btclaw, Sandragutierre24Y, Bitcoinmaker, jeraldftizt65, SusanaMenor23, carsonchassy5, milardistone41, fiveletterword, min0r, iamstimpy, bitcento, pandapeluche, DigiZ, trusturtechnolust, AshShep, terrence, SwimsuitPaul, Miss_Magenta, ymfeeling, cspalmer2, Robert William Bonzi, uAbbieBartonq, pooraich, Powercoiner, leahsandes, AaronBreillat, susanakaul, cocopuffs1003, TheRonPaulKid, rockstarshorty21, chevo, errtest, jimmi12, miguelvuc
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:04:05 PM

Great work, everyone!

The following accounts have all been compromised and will be marked as a scammer until the real owner reclaims them:
anonameous, matthewdowns1128A1F5, williamsnider72, sarajasie0C2C, kellyhuta64, CrowdCrackingGroup, bryankfurw05, btclaw, Sandragutierre24Y, Bitcoinmaker, jeraldftizt65, SusanaMenor23, carsonchassy5, milardistone41, fiveletterword, min0r, iamstimpy, bitcento, pandapeluche, DigiZ, trusturtechnolust, AshShep, terrence, SwimsuitPaul, Miss_Magenta, ymfeeling, cspalmer2, Robert William Bonzi, uAbbieBartonq, pooraich, Powercoiner, leahsandes, AaronBreillat, susanakaul, cocopuffs1003, TheRonPaulKid, rockstarshorty21, chevo, errtest, jimmi12, miguelvuc

O. Should I be worried about this?

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 01:08:11 AM

Great work, everyone!

The line you just posted has absolutely NO meaning.  Should you be worried about accounts that are marked as scammers?
Baitty

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:10:30 AM

Great work, everyone!

The line you just posted has absolutely NO meaning.  Should you be worried about accounts that are marked as scammers?

English isn't my first language. I meant, should I be worried that these accounts got compromised because of the recent attack and change my account information?

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:30:48 AM

English isn't my first language. I meant, should I be worried that these accounts got compromised because of the recent attack and change my account information?

Yes, you should change your password. The Bitcoin forum has actually got a news alert on the subject in matter.
News: Change your forum password
cowandtea

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:34:20 AM

Looks like its still closed, they are taking it down to fix something. Not taking it down permanently so don't worry.

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 10:39:24 AM

Registration is temporarily closed. It should be back up soon, so there's no need for worry.

Great work, everyone!

That happened ages ago, it is not related to the recent hack.
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 11:57:44 AM

That happened ages ago, it is not related to the recent hack.

Didn't say it was.  But it's related to the OP of this thread.
DodoB

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:41:15 PM

uhhh who hacked btc talk?  Huh why would someone do this?
oser41eric

Activity: 501

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:51:44 PM

Yes, you should change your password. The Bitcoin forum has actually got a news alert on the subject in matter.
News: Change your forum password

Especially if your password is not strong. But if your not user with a lot of posts or +trust, I believe your safe anyway  Smiley
hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:13:25 PM

uhhh who hacked btc talk?  Huh why would someone do this?

To cause panic. The price of BTC drop about half on that day.

fildza

Activity: 322

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 02:19:37 PM

LoL. Got scammer tag with only 8 post

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:44:02 PM

LoL. Got scammer tag with only 8 post

As pointed out barely 5 posts ago, that is because it is a compromised account.  Whoever originated this thread is probably trying to establish another account for less than honorable purposes.  He'll have to wait like everyone else.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: