Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:55:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are You Afraid of KYC?  (Read 31720 times)
COCOMARTIN

Activity: 153
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:03:21 AM

I can see that soon almost exchanges and even ICO programs will be requiring us to do the KYC procedures where we are required to pass copies of our legal documents before we are granted entrance or the use of the services or programs we are interested with. This can be as common as having a password or 2FA.

Now, personally I have no big problem with it though just like anybody else am also concerned that my personal information can be divulged to anybody or a group that might use it for any illegal purpose. This is one risk we are facing once we are actively living in the online world. Evil people who can be thousands of miles away can now be just one click away.

What are your apprehensions about the KYC procedures that will soon be as popular as noodles?

I'm not afraid to have a kyc if I'm looking for it because I'm here and there's no other name that's something that's even better because you'll know that the bounties you've been with or airdrop in bitcoin are true and not scams.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cannacor.io ║Cannacor:Cannabis Cultivation║
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
jhayryl

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:08:47 AM

I can see that soon almost exchanges and even ICO programs will be requiring us to do the KYC procedures where we are required to pass copies of our legal documents before we are granted entrance or the use of the services or programs we are interested with. This can be as common as having a password or 2FA.

Now, personally I have no big problem with it though just like anybody else am also concerned that my personal information can be divulged to anybody or a group that might use it for any illegal purpose. This is one risk we are facing once we are actively living in the online world. Evil people who can be thousands of miles away can now be just one click away.

What are your apprehensions about the KYC procedures that will soon be as popular as noodles?

of course not just afraid of kyc people people just do not use him other people so I will never be afraid of this very nice jaw because you know you will legally get on bitcoin.
kaisa

Activity: 560
Merit: 145

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:15:30 PM

KYC and AML actually become a common policy on every transaction related to finance, why should you be afraid?
data leakage issues are the responsibility of the company and in the event of a data leak you can sue legally.
KYC and AML it is a procedure, does not mean you give the key to your assets. KYC should have been given publicly for all online transactions using only 1 person 1 account, to avoid fraud and overlapping identity information.
Eliyo

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:48:38 PM

My apprehension was accentuated by the recent quagmire with Google on personal information handling. While I strongly agree with KYC as part of the strengthening mechanism to bolster confidence in the crypto world the security of these information should be of utmost concern to the administrators.
lycipher
Copper Member

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:38:12 PM

I don't care about KYC itself. But I care that ICO makers will "accidentally" make it publicly available. So, I don't go into ICO at this time.
makolz26

Activity: 714
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:39:08 PM

I don't care about KYC itself. But I care that ICO makers will "accidentally" make it publicly available. So, I don't go into ICO at this time.
A lot of people are not in favor of investing in ICO, I myself is not investing as well, but I believe in ICO since I also seeing a lot of successful ICO and now one of the top leading in the crypto market, ICO is good we just need to explore it so that we may able to know which is a good one.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:02:38 PM

I don't think it is necessary to do your KYC. We have used Bitcoin and many other altcoin currencies for a long time and yet we have never even imagine to do our KYC. Bitcoin does not required any offer personal details not even the ledger needs any of those. It's clearly banks and governments trying to get information from us so they can blackmail us and can take over to all our money. Are you not trust banks and government the only thing I trust myself I keep my coins encrypted with me no banks in government can protect it if someone try to draw bit only I can secure it.
Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:14:40 AM

There is nothing to be afraid of KYC as long as we have nothing to hide for our selves that we are a legal citizens in which we are not involve of some illegal activities. Just to make sure that the ICO is a legit too in which it might share our private details or used it to their illegal activities specially money laundering and terrorism.
Name: Claudio

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 12:39:12 PM

For good reason I say yes KYC is good specially if you are the person who always misplace or forget where he keep his private keys or if your account is hacked then you can fight for your account using your KYC, but if not I don't see any other valid reason why we need to provide KYC, I don't like my profile is used also everywhere just incase they need names to place on their project showing that this persons support us....
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 03:50:57 PM

For good reason I say yes KYC is good specially if you are the person who always misplace or forget where he keep his private keys or if your account is hacked then you can fight for your account using your KYC, but if not I don't see any other valid reason why we need to provide KYC, I don't like my profile is used also everywhere just incase they need names to place on their project showing that this persons support us....
What dah..
I don't understand what you talking about, firstly you must know what is the meaning of KYC.
Know Your Client, it means that when you participating those project or just investing in this project they must know who you are.
Yes, it is maybe giving a risk to us to show us personal background or giving information regarding we can't hide or just being anonymous here in cryptocurrency. They want to prevent illegal activities such as money laundering or even scam purposes, indeed it shows our real identity.
Dondont

Activity: 446
Merit: 12

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 03:54:40 PM

for myself, is still in doubt with the need of KYC procedures that are often held by exchange or ICO that exist today, because should we who need their identity, whether they really will be responsible for all capital from investors and not like this

I think this is wrong, and really should be changed perspective like this

elementus

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:19:34 PM

KYC should be old hat for anyone that lives in the majority of countries. If you live in the US or UK for instance, there are no legitimate finance institutions that don't require full KYC to use (this is all traditional banking products). Crypto users shouldn't be surprised one bit about KYC requirements on exchanges, ICOs or service providers. It's money! What do you expect?  Wink
Qunetick

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:32:35 PM

What dah..
I don't understand what you talking about, firstly you must know what is the meaning of KYC.
Know Your Client, it means that when you participating those project or just investing in this project they must know who you are.
Yes, it is maybe giving a risk to us to show us personal background or giving information regarding we can't hide or just being anonymous here in cryptocurrency. They want to prevent illegal activities such as money laundering or even scam purposes, indeed it shows our real identity.

Its alright my friend, and for me that KYC was just a proof of our identification showing our transparency in terms of identity. We really need that for illegalities prevention like as you said scammers were very rampant to attack people nowadays. The statement of our boy saying about the private keys, I don't think its linked with KYC, and same with you I don't got his point because if we really experienced submitting our KYC you'll have to provide your government ID as your legal proof to the project you've belong with.

acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:20:35 AM

KYC has been increasing tremendously in everything. Even airdrops now require KYC verification. I think it would be less dangerous if we had one/two or three strong trusted system(s) to keep such files and liaise with projects for verification. It seems we're giving our identities to anyone at anywhere at anytime and that's very bad
Sandeep24

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:22:30 AM

I think if you trust on cryptocurrency then it is necessary to do your KYC and It is also a part of transparency to identify proper person who is trading in ICO  
SteveCrypto555

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:03:04 PM

KYC isnt with peace with main ideo of cryptocurrency anarchy i think  Grin
cryptojacklife

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:42:10 PM

Not afraid, but concerned, how my data will be utilized later. It is a double edge sword, personal information means everything.
boblets243

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:17:45 AM

I am never afraid of kyc because in the first place we have nothing to hide. This is one way to eliminate and identify multiple accounts and scams. Also, there is nothing wrong with kyc because we worked for our earnings legally.
LegendzX

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:05:10 AM

I think if kyc will be impose someday for all bounty participants we don't really have a choice but to follow and for me there is no wrong with kyc because even in some of our transaction we do need our personal data to have a successful transaction.
lycipher
Copper Member

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:53:01 AM

I do not see a problem with KYC, ICO - that's the real problem.

Scam ICO is a problem. As well as classic VC is a problem as classic VC in most cases plainly speaking just kills entrepreneurship as a class.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: