Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:48:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are You Afraid of KYC?  (Read 31711 times)
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:50:00 PM

To be afraid of carrying out the KYC check is at least because we are not yet sure that this information about our confidential data will not be used by third parties for illegal purposes. Especially it concerns the provision of its confidential information when investing in ICO projects. And the requirement to undergo such a check already in relation to participants of the generosity campaign ICO, I generally consider illegal. In this case, it is necessary to require the ICO team to provide with what normative act they are guided up to the citation of the text that is written about this situation. I am sure that no normative document says anything about this situation.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:31:25 PM

Indeed KYC prevents us from scammers and from using multiple accounts, but there is also a risk that our personal info that might get a hold of it. Well, being involved in the  crytpoworld was already a risk itself, therefore, in my opinion, having a KYC is good.
Do you think that the KYC test is conducted by the ICO team among the participants in the ICO generosity campaign so that there are no multiple accounts? Team ICO in principle, vseravno how many accounts. They need to ensure that all accounts have quality messages that would advertise their ICO project.
The KYC check is carried out for a completely different purpose: to prevent cases of money laundering, the use of crypto-alaith for the financing of terorism, and so on. We are not investors and therefore should not pass the KYC review. If checking KYC is knowing your client, then you need to figure out who to whom the customer is. So, the KYC check is to prevent illegal use of funds. That is, who pays, that and the client. In this case, the ICO team pays our tokens for our services to advertise their project. Therefore, they are our customers. So use your right and conduct a KYC check against these half scammers to eradicate fraud from the ICO.
poktur

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:56:33 AM

No.  Personally, I'm not afraid, but I try to avoid such events once again.

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
Bitknick

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:34:44 AM

I simply do not participate in these procedures, because I do not want my documents to be from unknown persons!
samsul1234

Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 12:55:44 PM

the problem of KYC is true is now a problem for bounty hunter, slow distribution and token is also shared a bit, the identity is in need, sometimes we are asked to upload a passport if they have if no how?

smiledeveloper

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:02:47 AM

Nope at all. I'm not afraid of KYC.
Because I believe that KYC is more effective for bitcoin users.

So, I'm happy with KYC, nothing to worried about it. Smiley Smiley
Faeton

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:37:26 AM

The requirement to pass a KYC test for the participants in the ICO generosity campaigns is utter absurdity. We should not pass such a test, because we do not invest our funds in these projects. The ICO team most likely puts forward such requirements after the ICO in order not to pay heads of the earned tokens to the hunters. I regard this as another way of fraud.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:52:01 AM

I normally skip the bounties and ICOs where KYC is mandatory. I am not afraid to pay my taxes on time, but I am worried that my KYC information may be misused or even auctioned off by the ICO promoters.
joburgtaxi

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:21:29 AM

I do not like this procedure. I still do not understand and do not find an answer, why the organizers of ICO have my personal data. Perhaps the variance is the only way to weed out multi-accounts. But it's very dangerous to send your real information.

dark1234

Activity: 1134
Merit: 167

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:51:09 AM

for ICO and exchange is not a problem because this is for the security of our investment privacy that may be big enough for us and I strongly disagree is if the program bonty and airdrop also use KYC...

frankiemalton

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:10:02 PM

Moreover, these KYC policies are still underdeveloped due to difficulties in centralizing data from multiple systems and in leveraging all available information to conduct advanced analytics.
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:24:46 PM

Moreover, these KYC policies are still underdeveloped due to difficulties in centralizing data from multiple systems and in leveraging all available information to conduct advanced analytics.
I don't think what you trying to say that underdeveloped KYC implementation that most projects now are already implemented on that KYC for the sake of their project and the investors as well. It is very difficult for us to reveal our personal data but we don't have anything to do is just obey the implementation because we are the investors only.
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:26:17 AM

I don't think what you trying to say that underdeveloped KYC implementation that most projects now are already implemented on that KYC for the sake of their project and the investors as well. It is very difficult for us to reveal our personal data but we don't have anything to do is just obey the implementation because we are the investors only.

Most of the people not share the KYC information. It persona information of the people. So people share to afridi. It important of the complete process. So before share the KYC information check the project and website. Trust or fake. Then share KYC document. This important information for all country people.
jzale

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:35:33 PM

Should we be afraid of KYC process? Partly yes. You can never trust the digital world even if it seems to be trustworthy enough. Have you ever heard of data leaks and system breaches? Yes, your precious data taken and use it for heinous activities in worst case senario that could ruin your life. On the other hand, if the two parties have transparency to each other then there is a lesser risk for being victimized of scams and identity theft.
Binugon

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:23:29 PM

I am afraid of KYC. I dont even publish my name anywhere, I dont use any social network because dont want someone to gather my privat information. Any database may be stolen or sold to criminals. I will reject any ICO program or bounty campaign which requires KYC procedure. I live in new world with new opportunities which bitcoin gave us
I'm not afraid of KYC because the policy is to protect us as users of hackers or other criminal acts even away from abuse of accounts and others, so I strongly agree when some wallets require users to fill in KYC data.
Rustamm

Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:32:17 PM

The KYC should be checked by those who must pass it. Participants in the ICO generosity campaign should not undergo a KYC check, as it is conducted mainly to prevent money laundering and that the citizens of the United States, China and other countries whose governments consider investing in ICO as a risky investment are not spreading these projects, its citizens such an investment. To advertise ICO projects, since this is not related to investing their funds, is not prohibited. Then someone can say on what basis we are required by our identification data and copies of passports? It is illegal.
gayletot

Activity: 323
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:16:27 AM

the ICOs have done great things right now, because they have been called KYC so because they are more confident they are not deceived by those who join ico. and it's also a part of it so we can avoid hackers.

Phantomberry

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:31:00 PM

For me privacy is important but if requirements is needed i will let myself  to process the KYC but if not needed i will not conduct KYC.
Edyard2000

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:46:33 PM

hi
7Dyoknga5

Activity: 210

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:26:43 PM

KYC provides security for the project developers as well as the investors.

I mostly agree on this specially on bounties which a lot of hunters tends to abuse. They mostly try register multiple accounts in order to have huge amount of reward.

The only problem I see is that most phishers would try to use this in order to attain information.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: