Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:14:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are You Afraid of KYC?  (Read 31688 times)
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:44:21 AM

KYC can be used scamers to get your personal information.
Be very carefully.

Yes, i do agree what you shared your information but there are many good companies who will not share any information with the others. There are many major ICO companies launching which they will not share any information uploaded by you.
There's a lot of companies that not having a KYC, you can avoid this earlier not to join to their project. I personally afraid of that KYC because revealing your identity and sharing personal data may cause of a leak in hacking in your assets in cryptos. Maybe they also use your identity in scamming others without knowing you. So scared, right?
Saveplus

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:18:37 AM

It is hard to gave all your information in KYC ,we dont think so that the person we are giving is a scammer or a hacker.Always to be safe in our personal information to bebgave by those bad persons.
vessing

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:58:50 PM

So far, of all the projects that have generally been done, only those who did not need to go through the cous have made a profit. Where I have not received anything, or the stock market has not been able to get out for 3 months, or the price is a mere penny.
lupeto

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:32:12 AM

My main concern is, of course, the possibility of personal data that can be revealed to the public. But on the one hand, I think KYC can also help monitor the activity of using bitcoin. In other words, KYC can track users who use Bitcoin for illegal activities.
whythatdo

Activity: 110

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:14:36 PM

i think KYC is needed for ICO, because working with a project only on the internet can provide some scam or untrusted hunters, investors. KYC will get things legal and more trustful
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:51:01 PM

i think KYC is needed for ICO, because working with a project only on the internet can provide some scam or untrusted hunters, investors. KYC will get things legal and more trustful
To be safe for other participants not being hacked or those scammers taking an advantage of a project when distributing token some of them are one person or the same users having a huge number of the account.
But if that project who wanted to scam us and use our personal data to others

MarbCoin

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:40:47 PM

Best to add a text over your id's or passport like  "copy for xxx ICO". So it is pretty useless for other illegal activities.
GhostWithin

Activity: 644
Merit: 145

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:30:15 AM

Best to add a text over your id's or passport like  "copy for xxx ICO". So it is pretty useless for other illegal activities.

Perhaps you can do so.
Another option is to use a document that will expire soon.
Russians have a passport and driver's license. A foreign passport is valid for 5 years and it's easy to make a new one.
Of course, this is not a 100% guarantee of protection, but at least we will be sure that after a certain date our data will become irrelevant.
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 11:58:18 PM

To be safe for other participants not being hacked or those scammers taking an advantage of a project when distributing token some of them are one person or the same users having a huge number of the account.
But if that project who wanted to scam us and use our personal data to others
Absolutely,  well as I know KYC is very important for them in order to create and gain trust between two parties. Giving a detailed informations is easy but somehow we are worried if our private informations become rampant and will able to ruin everything. Well, basically we have no choice as we are hoping to have that rewards. I'm just hoping those people l give my KYC will able to manage well and keep my identity as well as those users who undergo a KYC process.
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:59:16 AM

I believe that the requirement to pass a KYC test from participants in the ICO generosity campaign is generally illegal. The KYC check is carried out to prevent the possibility of laundering dirty money. The US and China also do not want their citizens to invest in ICO projects, because they consider investing in ICO too risky and for their citizens not to suffer possible material losses. That is, it all comes down to investing. Participants in the ICO generosity campaign do not invest in ICO projects, so they can not be verified by KYC. We are on this forum, almost all of us are participants of the ICO generosity campaign and we need to raise this topic. Especially since some ICO teams agree with these arguments.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Mandevil

Activity: 324

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:08:28 AM

passing the procedure of checks - you are not very pleasant, it seems subconscious that someone steals your data,

Mandevil

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:10:41 AM

but in general I want to say it is not so scary - you prepare a photo in advance or scan documents, and for a couple of minutes, I personally of course think that it is possible and by proshe anyway who needs to find everything they need - I think there is a global data trade.

Mandevil

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:12:10 AM

a good idea, thanks to try and with the rights. Passport is a pity how to give. anything can be so calmer)

zahed

Activity: 344
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:21:14 PM

KYC is purely working to detecting spammer in bounty campaign that's need to require in every bounty project. I have no worried for KYC even i supported it. Unfortunately i submitted KYC in some scam project. I don't know how much it will harmful for future. Already KYC required for many legitimate bounty portal.

hacekd

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:58:38 AM

No, i am not afraid of KYC because before buying the coin i will check whether i need to pass the KYC, most of the major companies are asking for KYC till now. When we ask the company they are kept saying we are asking KYC for internal audit, maybe they need to submit this information if they face any problems with the government.
the policies of some companies or exchanges or banks implementing KYC regulations are actually the right actions, usually it is applied in some countries that legalize bitcoin and some trusted sites that specifically exchange coins, its function is to protect us from criminal acts such as theft of our accounts and shares.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Luckyji

Activity: 166
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:57:55 PM

Am not afraid of KYC because the reason why we do it is for them to know their real customer and to prevent some people from cheating on them in the sense that they will use multiple account.
Danilotot

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:00:54 AM

yes it is often used in the ico needs of ico projects for their protection that they can not double in the fees and so they can scam things like making a story that has not been paid, but if KYC has it will not happen and it is also a big thing to us for our security of our tokens, not to be hacked and not merely handled by anyone.
Bijikopi

Activity: 232
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:33:37 AM

KYC on exchangers is charged as a preventive measure for money laundering cases, they do not require for every normal transaction with a nominal value below 2 btc per day. This is indeed out of the topic of anonymity, but if it is not done, one day the exchanger will be forcibly frozen because it is considered a covert money laundering media. I have no problem with this and accept it.

In other cases (different from the topic), KYC on the campaign is charged in all directions, including the bounty with the smallest allocation, this is very surprising because this should be sensitive data with a large accountability issue, I think something is wrong with this concept, it should required only for investors.
saaux

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:41:44 AM

KYC is beautiful. ico's great help is that they are not fooled by participating in their project. And as much of us as we do here, we can not just hack anyone when we get KYC. so for me it's good to have KYC.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ PLATIO ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   Smart Banking Ecosystem   █
▀▄▄▄▀[https://platio.io]▀▄▄▄▀
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:10:03 AM

KYCs are not the problem here. The problem I see is where you are entrusting your information to.  Because their are certain ICOs that will only fish out your information as it has more value for them rather than the token they are creating. KYCs are a requirement of some countries' government as it is their way of regulating or being in touch with their citizens. What I would normally do before trusting my personal information to other entities such as ICOs or even exchanges I will research on them if they have a good background.

in this case we all will not be able to avoid what is happening with the price of bitcoin, which we might do to ask why? when will it back up again?
and the answer we don't know ... if you really say many investors who take their money from bitcoin means that they sell everything they have, don't get it wrong who knows one of the goals.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: