Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:53:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Early Adopters Disadvantaged  (Read 1510 times)
notme (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 08:43:24 PM

To those who complain about the early adopters, consider that they have bought into a currency that is inflating at over 30% a year.  The inflation tapers off, but there is a lot of inflation left before we get there.  This high inflation is how Satoshi addressed the early adopter issue.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 10:14:05 PM

While I don't necessarily agree with those that assert early adopters took greater risks, they are certainly entitled to the benefits they reap if nothing more than due to having the foresight to see what Bitcoin could (has) become.

I can't say I see them as disadvantaged in any way.  However, if any early adopter disagrees and would like to trade shoes, I'll gladly take them up on the offer.  Wink

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 12:32:17 AM

I can't say I see them as disadvantaged in any way.  However, if any early adopter disagrees and would like to trade shoes, I'll gladly take them up on the offer.

deal. just to be clear, in this exchange you pay to me the amount in dollars that i paid, as an early adopter back, for 10 btc back in june and i pay to you the amount in dollars that you, as a later adopter, will pay for 10 btcs at the present time.
notme (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 01:12:32 AM

I can't say I see them as disadvantaged in any way.  However, if any early adopter disagrees and would like to trade shoes, I'll gladly take them up on the offer.

deal. just to be clear, in this exchange you pay to me the amount in dollars that i paid, as an early adopter back, for 10 btc back in june and i pay to you the amount in dollars that you, as a later adopter, will pay for 10 btcs at the present time.

Exactly.  If you hold BTC today you are an early adopter.  Less than a third of the currency has been issued at this point.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 01:15:47 AM

Deal.  You'll get the going rate as of June 1st.  I'll get the going rate as of July 22nd.  Ready when you are.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
Valalvax

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 01:25:04 AM

I'm sorry, but the early early adopters didn't risk much of anything, at 50 cents a BTC you could buy like 100 BTC for like 50 bucks, which is... not much of a risk to me, hell, that's not a big risk for a 12 year old kid who gets a couple bucks for his birthday
Bitcoin_Silver_Supply

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 02:48:58 AM

I'm sorry, but the early early adopters didn't risk much of anything, at 50 cents a BTC you could buy like 100 BTC for like 50 bucks, which is... not much of a risk to me, hell, that's not a big risk for a 12 year old kid who gets a couple bucks for his birthday

Then why aren't you buying up Namecoins right now at a mad rate? Moreover, if you expect these early BTC adopters to reap huge rewards in the future you also expect the BTC price to continue rising. In this scenario, why aren't you jumping in and buying now?
GideonGono

Activity: 1988
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2011, 09:09:44 AM

Early adopters (as a group) had to build infrastructure (exchanges, stores, the btc client, services, silk road) in order for the btc price to go up. It didn't just magically go to the current rate while people sat on their coins.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 09:14:25 AM

Then why aren't you buying up Namecoins right now at a mad rate? Moreover, if you expect these early BTC adopters to reap huge rewards in the future you also expect the BTC price to continue rising. In this scenario, why aren't you jumping in and buying now?

+1, well said.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: