Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:52:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying bitcoin with a creditcard and no id verification?  (Read 8732 times)
ProxyDownloads (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:40:05 PM

I cant seem to find one ;-; Does anyone know a trusted place where I could buy some btc with a creditcard?
dope

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:48:21 PM

If you want to use a credit card, you will have to do some sort of verification.

If you could do it carders would hit the site so fast they would just lose all of their coins.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:50:35 AM

I don't think you'll find anywhere to buy bitcoins with stolen credit cards.  The transactions are going to be reversed, so no one will take you unverified.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 01:09:47 AM

I'm not sure if this helps: http://www.coinmama.com/
I have never used it myself, so I don't you.  You could always try coinbase, if you are in the US.

Edit:  It currently is "fixing" some stuff, so keep an eye out or something.
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:14:05 AM

The ID verification is there for a reason. To stop stolen credit cards from being used.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
DeeBo

Activity: 52

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:38:41 AM

Do you have paypal? If not you could create one and link it up to your credit card.
This is how I got my bitcoin, and how I usually sell it.

Don't ever sell bitcoins using Paypal.  IIRC Paypal made a statement saying buying and selling of bitcoins goes against thier terms of use.  If you can find someone willing to sell to you, on the other hand, then go for it if you like.  The risk is on the seller because your bitcoin transaction isn't going to be reversed but there's a good chance the fiat will.  In any case, don't use a Paypal account that you hold money in or depend on for other purposes (say for ebay sales or whatever) because there's a good chance they'll freeze your account if the bitcoin activity gets reported.

The only real foolproof method for selling bitcoins is cash or money orders.  Even the ACH transfers that Coinbase uses carries risk of reversal but Paypal is much worse than that... probably the worst method to use IMO.
sosulon

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:14:05 AM

theres none
berupter

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:25:57 AM

I'd say never use Paypal as a seller unless you want to risk getting screwed over. If you're the buyer then go ahead. My experience as seller has been that the buyer is always right and always wins a dispute. There are so many Paypal horror stories, most of them written by sellers.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 08:59:17 AM

Using a credit card with ID is the best option really. Paypal has very big risks.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Leehoya

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:43:56 AM

BTC-E? I heard they offer it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: