Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:42:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hundreds of Japanese threads were suddenly deleted by admin  (Read 326 times)
hakka (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 158

To live is to think

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 05:52:26 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2018, 02:24:08 PM by hakka

Dear admin.

Many Japanese threads was suddenly deleted without any notices.
Is there any reasons why they were deleted?
This is very important matter because local members cannot post their threads and opinions safely.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 09:08:40 AM

I think you are more likely to get a reply if you move this thread to Meta.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
hakka (OP)

To live is to think

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 11:00:29 AM

I think you are more likely to get a reply if you move this thread to Meta.

Thank you for your kindness Cheesy
I'll move this thread to Meta.

EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:59:59 PM

This is very important matter because local members cannot post their threads and opinions safely.

This is not unique to Japanese threads. There are threads and posts all over the forum being deleted, and the language is not relevant unless it was posted in the incorrect section. The reasons are varied, but none of these threads or posts were deleted without a reason. So, there is a reason for why they were deleted, but there is probably not a single reason that explains all of them. I have noticed mods and staff being a lot more vigilant about deleting mega-threads that have been sufficiently answered or threads that are identical to an older thread. This is a very concerted effort to clean up the forum in a very positive way, because currently there are too many spam posts taking up too many resources. There are many people complaining from all over the forum about their post count being decreased significantly, but Theymos has also mentioned that post counts occasionally drift from their actual value and it occasionally needs to be reset. The list goes on and on for reasons why your posts or post count may change or disappear, but unless you can prove that particular opinions are being suppressed than I do not see the problem.

You are free to post your threads and opinions, as long as you have done your due diligence, are aware of the rules/guidelines and have used the search function to make sure you are not repeating a discussion that has already been had.  The opinions of the user are almost never the problem around here, and I cannot think of a single instance where someone has had their posts/threads deleted simply because of their opinion.
Johnny Lgz

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:00:52 PM

You can just post everywhere without no one you are a local Japanese since our identity here is hidden, but I guess the language is a barrier sometimes,  taking into consideration for those people who don't use English as the second dialect and allowed some members to post only on your local threads to have information from this forum, perhaps you might find also answer if you send PM to your local thread admin, especially if it's really important.
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:22:59 PM

It's probably because your local mod is beginning to take action. They're just trying to do their job and/or making your local board a better place.

PH local board mod deletes repeating topics, off-topic, and merit-related topics(?). Nonetheless i think our mod is great, trying to stop all those shit posters. Kudos to him.
segare

Activity: 194
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:53:07 PM

This is not unique to Japanese threads. There are threads and posts all over the forum being deleted, and the language is not relevant unless it was posted in the incorrect section. The reasons are varied, but none of these threads or posts were deleted without a reason. So, there is a reason for why they were deleted, but there is probably not a single reason that explains all of them. I have noticed mods and staff being a lot more vigilant about deleting mega-threads that have been sufficiently answered or threads that are identical to an older thread. This is a very concerted effort to clean up the forum in a very positive way, because currently there are too many spam posts taking up too many resources. There are many people complaining from all over the forum about their post count being decreased significantly, but Theymos has also mentioned that post counts occasionally drift from their actual value and it occasionally needs to be reset. The list goes on and on for reasons why your posts or post count may change or disappear, but unless you can prove that particular opinions are being suppressed than I do not see the problem.

You are free to post your threads and opinions, as long as you have done your due diligence, are aware of the rules/guidelines and have used the search function to make sure you are not repeating a discussion that has already been had.  The opinions of the user are almost never the problem around here, and I cannot think of a single instance where someone has had their posts/threads deleted simply because of their opinion.

What you are saying is correct,
"Overall", admin is really wonderful.

But In this time all threads for altcoin, such as ANN, ICO, BOUNTY, have been deleted.
Regardless of content.

The main thread of the coin born in Japan has also been deleted.

Several Japanese people PM to admin, one of them saying 'It's not allowed to post local altcoin content for languages ​​that do not have their own dedicated altcoin board.'
Yes, we dont have childbord.

...but  Should not only Japanese people talk about altcoin?

Therefore we posted a thread wishing for childbord.
If you have any comments, please post here as well.

We hope to add Altcoin child board at the Japanese forum
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3102733

EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:38:55 PM

What you are saying is correct,
"Overall", admin is really wonderful.

But In this time all threads for altcoin, such as ANN, ICO, BOUNTY, have been deleted.
Regardless of content.

Ahh, then this is a bit different than just deleting spam and mega-threads. I did not know that this was the case. It would be unfortunate, in my opinion, if there is no where for Japanese Altcoin discussion and that results in all Altcoin discussions on the Japanese board to be deleted. There is so many bounties, ICO and ANN threads that are spam though, and I'm wondering if maybe there is just some disagreement on which cateogry these are falling into. If there are really no threads of this kind, then I would just continue your fight for the Altcoin sub-board for the Japanese board. Just because there is no place for these discussions yet does not mean you should break the rules and continue to participate or post in these threads. You can simply petition the staff to create such a board, and if it becomes significant enough then I am sure it will happen.

I have a better understanding now, but my advice would be to ask for this board to be created and for the rules of the Japanese board to be clarified by the moderator. This would enable you all to understand what is expected of you in this section. There will either be enough interested to create the board, or there will not be enough interest and maybe you can work on your English in our Altcoin board.
ROKIL_KILMIXX

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:18:16 PM

Dear admin.

We look forward to hearing back from you.
all according to procedure, the wrong will fall, admin will not be wrong mreka already have a reason
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:38:17 AM

I agree those 100+ pages threads are just heaven for those nasty account farmers, full of posts just copying each other. No one read them except maybe the first and the last pages. But once you delete one, 2 similar will appear like hydra's heads. Maybe it is wise just to leave them alone, easier to ignore  Grin

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
hakka (OP)

To live is to think

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 09:00:18 AM

Thank you guys Cheesy

Although some said that admins or global moderators' action had validity, it will be obviously problem that not only spam threads but also necessary threads were deleted without any notice. This matter might happen because they didn't understand Japanese.

The most efficient way to solve this problem will be creating child board.
It depends on whether admins or global moderators accept it because they denied it previously. Roll Eyes

AgroTechFarmOfficialJapan

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:47:08 AM

This was VERY troublesome for all companies trying to promote their ICO project on the japanese market. I've had our threads up for about a month before they were deleted the other day. They took a lot of effort and work and now they are gone.

Seriously though, who did this and why did they do it? This is ruining people's efforts and it is highly discouraging.

It's already hard enough to promote our project on the japanese market. You don't have to make it even harder by rampaging and deleting everything in sight.
To whoever did this and for whatever reason they did it - please be mindful of others and their efforts.
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:18:08 PM

This was VERY troublesome for all companies trying to promote their ICO project on the japanese market. I've had our threads up for about a month before they were deleted the other day. They took a lot of effort and work and now they are gone.
Serves you right for using Bitcointalk for business critical content. Basic risk management should have told you that threads on a random web forum can be deleted at any time.

And thanks to the moderators for cleaning things up. I have no illusion that none of these altcoins that pop up by the minute would be scams, and I don’t really care which specific ones aren’t. Isn’t there some ‘altcointalk’ site somewhere where ICOs would be more on topic and less likely to be deleted as spam?

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
segare

Activity: 194
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:08:09 AM

Serves you right for using Bitcointalk for business critical content. Basic risk management should have told you that threads on a random web forum can be deleted at any time.

And thanks to the moderators for cleaning things up. I have no illusion that none of these altcoins that pop up by the minute would be scams, and I don’t really care which specific ones aren’t. Isn’t there some ‘altcointalk’ site somewhere where ICOs would be more on topic and less likely to be deleted as spam?

The Cryptocurrency and ICO market has only just begun, and there are few communities where people from many countries can participate.
It is only bitcointalk that each country has its own community and that community can have a relationship with each other.

Well, that's just amazing bitcointalk.
hakka (OP)

To live is to think

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 09:37:36 AM

A lot of ANN threads have been re-created in Japanese local threads after admins or moderators deleted them.
They will delete ANN threads again. It will be burden for them Roll Eyes
This matter is happening because child board haven't been made for a long time.
Criteria of creating child board must be needed because not only Japanese local board but other local one will be confronting with this matter.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: