Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:18:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using someones email address  (Read 150 times)
Lhian16 (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 06:51:38 AM

Hi dev what to do if someone used the email add.of the other person? Because someone used my Gmail account that I used in Btt account . That person used my email to join an AirDrop and bounty.
Thanks Dev I hope you can help me to stop that person Kryssfabro or Kissfr.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 07:19:49 AM

Hi dev what to do if someone used the email add.of the other person? Because someone used my Gmail account that I used in Btt account . That person used my email to join an AirDrop and bounty.
I don't know what would be the possible action admin would take.

But to evade the same occurrence, you can hide your email address from the public in profile.

I think if they use your email address it would be possible to claim the airdrop they get involve in.
However it is more time consuming to evaluate the verification rather that to just ignore it.
Also I doubt you would go for it  Roll Eyes
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:41:50 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2018, 08:07:52 AM by Silent26

I think using of another's Gmail address is prohibited. Especially if you don't know the person who uses it and no permission from you. If that guy is still using your Gmail address I think you should take action now. Find that guy's account and get its Profile link then try to report it or add the profile link of that person here. So that our admin can take actions to that account easily.

Ps. Good to see you wearing the same signature Sir Cobalt9317  Grin

404 Not Found
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 08:49:47 AM

I think using of another's Gmail address is prohibited. Especially if you don't know the person who uses it and no permission from you. If that guy is still using your Gmail address I think you should take action now. Find that guy's account and get its Profile link then try to report it or add the profile link of that person here. So that our admin can take actions to that account easily.

Ps. Good to see you wearing the same signature Sir Cobalt9317  Grin
egalitarian is the subject of the day yesterday, in another word don't call me 'sir' a simple bud or buddy would do.
I refer you to this post to understand more about that subject, and more importantly read the threadWink

P.S I assure you this projects is really important for the future, a doctor that accessible whenever you need, but that seems to be a little of topic, fundamentally speaking please only talk about our signature campaign in our main thread to avoid unnecessary attention.

I was reading some of Jet Cash post and it seems he was interested in investing in Copper, I just doubt how he's going to put that in a safe place if he's going frequently from place to place from time to time.
also you caught my eyes before I was off to beat another boss in the temple of Zelda.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 08:58:27 AM

I'm not sure I understand this. If they use your email addy to join something, won't they have to confirm tha ddress by clicking a link? If they can't receive the mail, then they can't confirm.

Isn't the easiest option just to write to the airdrop and explain the situation?

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:27:33 AM

I'm not sure I understand this. If they use your email addy to join something, won't they have to confirm tha ddress by clicking a link? If they can't receive the mail, then they can't confirm.

Isn't the easiest option just to write to the airdrop and explain the situation?
I'm never participated in a bounty in the altcoin section, but I doubt they even require email verification judging by all the alt accounts trying to get into them. OP, you could report it to the bounty manager and see if they would be willing to verify that you are actually in control of the email and get it sorted that way.
alrez

Activity: 134

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:10:29 PM

sometimes airdrop does not require confirmation to the email we registered, so you should just hide the email address in our account btt from public vision
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:46:07 PM

sometimes airdrop does not require confirmation to the email we registered, so you should just hide the email address in our account btt from public vision
Yuph, most of airdrops doesn't need email confirmation. I'm just curious why this guys used Lhian16's email instead of his/her email. If that person doesn't have email then why didn't he/she creates a new one. What's the point of using one person's email by joining those airdrops?

Ps. Good to see you wearing the same signature Sir Cobalt9317  Grin
egalitarian is the subject of the day yesterday, in another word don't call me 'sir' a simple bud or buddy would do.
I refer you to this post to understand more about that subject, and more importantly read the threadWink

P.S I assure you this projects is really important for the future, a doctor that accessible whenever you need, but that seems to be a little of topic, fundamentally speaking please only talk about our signature campaign in our main thread to avoid unnecessary attention.

I was reading some of Jet Cash post and it seems he was interested in investing in Copper, I just doubt how he's going to put that in a safe place if he's going frequently from place to place from time to time.
also you caught my eyes before I was off to beat another boss in the temple of Zelda.
I can't stop myself to call you in that way since I acknowledged and I respect you. Actually I used to call anyone "Sir" except if its a women. That's my way of respecting. But Mr. Jet cash's thread was right too. We are in a egalitarian society. Well, instead of calling you Sir Cobalt9317, starting now, I will just call you Mr. Cobalt9317. How about that?  Grin

404 Not Found
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:45:34 PM

You can make that user disqualified is entry. Just tell the devs involved or the manager.

Anyhow I want to answer you directly rather than making a long statement about "if" "do's" and "don't" and asked you some questions.

Can you link me to that concerned thread of yours?

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Johnny Lgz

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:41:08 PM

as long as your friends notify you of some message or notice given or send by the airdrop group to the email and if you do the same with the email you borrowed or used then I see no problem, cooperation is the key.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: