Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:03:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe that this man crashed Bitcoin this 2018?  (Read 645 times)
Daddyj2 (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:04:42 AM

Do you believe that this man crashed Bitcoin this 2018? This man https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-07/bitcoins-tokyo-whale-sells-400m-bitcoin-bitcoin-cash This might be the reason why the market has been swinging lately and can't recover.

P.S
Not spreading FUD. Just want to know what's your opinion on this.

HODL! HODL! HODL! HODL!  Grin

"Hard work puts you where luck can find you."
LeoEspansq

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:15:18 AM

I think this is not the only reason we see the current situation on the market. This is due to the imperfectness of bitcoin and the development of other coins. So the sale of its assets is affected, but not so noticeable.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:15:52 AM

Yes, this has been one of the biggest factor, i think this is the person responsible for mtgox refunds so he is selling btc to refund investors, i think there is no need to panic, as soon as his orders get clear btc willbounce back up, just be patient and hold.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 3775

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 09:23:34 AM

Not quite the opposite, many accounts on reddit.com/r/Bitcoin site have promoted such rumors to create panic.
There may be no uniform reason for this correction but an accumulation of causes has been created:

• Lack of good news.
  • Normal corrections.
  • Whale speculation.
drogba773

Activity: 294
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:30:12 AM

400 million $ can make bitcoin go down %0.2 so that's out of discussion
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:37:56 AM

Nah, that was not an immediate sale but planned sales during the month. Even if it was immediate I doubt that it could make a huge impact on the market
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:38:00 AM

Nah. A Dutch saying goes, 'Wie een hond wil slaan, vindt altijd wel ergens een stok' which roughly translates 'fud, fud, fud, fud and fud' Smiley.

The amount of unloaded btc is a fraction of the daily volume. So it could be a catalyst, but not the main reason. Right now the fud itself is the reason why many are playing the waiting game again, in the end it is a matter of speculating and taking your winnings whenever possible.

What I find interesting though, is that whales allow btc to reach these dangerously low levels, while they would be better off in the long term if btc reaches a new ath soon (since then the whole market (cap) will rise again).
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:13:44 AM

He is definitely having a negative effect on the market, and causing additional panic sell. They know that regulation is coming and it will make it more difficult to regain their funds so they need to quickly do it now. Demand and interest is lower now, until the next bull run starts to kick in
TimeHacker

Activity: 521
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:21:51 AM

I don't think this was the reason... at least not the only reason. The amount he sold is far from typical daily volume traded, so I don't believe this alone could crash the Bitcoin price. But it's possible that it triggered more sell offs which then crashed the price. Big correction was already highly expected, so it might have triggered it, but the amount was not big enough to crash the market.

lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:45:31 AM

I hope they sell all their coins so it can cause a massive crash and all of the other whales will start to panic because of the unusual downfall of prices so it will lead to more massive crash, and that is when we buy.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:50:03 AM

I don't think this was the reason... at least not the only reason. The amount he sold is far from typical daily volume traded, so I don't believe this alone could crash the Bitcoin price. But it's possible that it triggered more sell offs which then crashed the price. Big correction was already highly expected, so it might have triggered it, but the amount was not big enough to crash the market.
There are a lot of reasons that could lead to a decrease in Bitcoin prices right now, but I still believe in Bitcoin because I think this is a perfectly normal correction. The decline is also not so extraordinary and market conditions can still be said to be fine, there has not been a condition of extraordinary panic. Yes for me Bitcoin still interesting to be an investment and I think that Bitcoin has a chance to have a chance to experience a price increase again. This is not a hoax, many analysts say that Altcoin and Bitcoin will have a good momentum this year. market share also increased by more than 20% and this is a remarkable thing one of today's economic strength can achieve.
clavirda

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:49:21 PM

In fact for investors and traders these waves are quite acceptable. The more passive players come out of the market, the lower the cost, in this position they can already buy in full.
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:57:26 PM

This is probably one of the many FUD factors that has affected bitcoin price.  Does not explain why all the coins
are down so much. Whatever the reasons, the crypto market has corrected enough already and is getting ready for next
big rise soon.
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:34:32 PM

It wasn't just him. I'm sure him and all his whale friends together could lower the price quite a bit though. One guy dumping 400 million worth of Bitcoins isn't going to affect it all that much. We would see the price dip down immediately, but it wouldn't be constant like it has been.
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:39:22 PM

I think people are over playing this trade, the market is very liquid now to absorb this kind of sell off, remember he too wants to sell at good price, he sold them in days not that he just place the a sell order and crash the market, there are people that sell this huge amount of BTC, I don't believe he crashed the market, it is even funny that the market is now reacting to it after he sold the BTC
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:59:29 PM

No, I don't believe it but also that does not matter for me. He crashed it or anyone else, rules don't change, buy the dip and hodl and bitcoin is the best coin you can hodl so why do you wait
seymenyunus16

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:04:46 PM

I think the stock market is a psychological game. The coin must be sold at catch time. And everybody should buy it when they sell it. Reverse psychology. The crypto market is very risky. Because volatility is high. That's why we're so wrong. But I just want to say that. Bitcoin does not sell.
ptrnyc

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:26:31 PM

Yes, this has been one of the biggest factor, i think this is the person responsible for mtgox refunds so he is selling btc to refund investors, i think there is no need to panic, as soon as his orders get clear btc willbounce back up, just be patient and hold.

How did this dude get this job ? He should have sold at 20K.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:41:35 PM

Partly, but not wholly.

There have been a few different factors which have been affecting bitcoin's performance.
False reports about South Korea banning crypto had a factor,
Here is the result of "South Korea" search in the press board, just look at the headlines from January - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=search2

The Central Bank in Poland paying social media infleuencers to spread FUD had a factor and we dont know the extent of these actions,
were there more banks doing the same tactic?
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/22/poland-central-bank-paid-youtube-star-for-video-about-cryptocurrency-crash.html
https://cointelegraph.com/news/polish-central-bank-secretly-funds-anti-crypto-youtube-propaganda-videos

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:22:42 PM

Do you believe that this man crashed Bitcoin this 2018? This man https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-07/bitcoins-tokyo-whale-sells-400m-bitcoin-bitcoin-cash This might be the reason why the market has been swinging lately and can't recover.

P.S
Not spreading FUD. Just want to know what's your opinion on this.

HODL! HODL! HODL! HODL!  Grin
What many people did not understand is that bitcoin is decentralized cryptocurrency and as such it is not good for it to be controlled by one individual and as this man sold 400m bitcoin new many investors are going to come into the market and from there that is the process of decentralized system. If one human beings hold $400mbitcion he is a treat to bitcoin and since this happens we have no any other options than to buy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: