Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:47:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Think twice before hiring a lawyer for you ICO!  (Read 184 times)
poutintsev (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 02:27:13 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2018, 02:43:27 PM by poutintsev

Most ICO lawyers are totally useless and will only dictate you USA laws, even when you have no affiliation with USA.

Read this article to discover how ICO lawyers scam us.

https://medium.com/@filip.poutintsev/think-twice-before-hiring-a-lawyer-for-your-ico-58b69a9de4ed

My trust score has been ruined by fake negative reviews by lying users. Click on my "trust" and then "reference" to see for what exactly I got them.
eMusic

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:52:45 PM

Good article! It's helpful, to the point and a quick read.
Easy 2 minute read
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:14:27 PM

Most ICO lawyers are totally useless and will only dictate you USA laws, even when you have no affiliation with USA.

Read this article to discover how ICO lawyers scam us.

https://medium.com/@filip.poutintsev/think-twice-before-hiring-a-lawyer-for-your-ico-58b69a9de4ed
I see that, even Canadian ico projects are geting dictated by lawyers to follow SEC compliant. Totally useless.
We know that the majority of Canadian countries can be considered as crypto friendly countries. Canadian has its own regulation. This was happening to some project just like iconomi and others. How lawyers were telling a non-sense thing about that.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:44:43 PM

This is not unique to ICOs or lawyers. This is closer to the phenomenon known as the Pareto distribution. In everything from the mass of stars, to the heights of trees in the rain-forest, farmers producing food or creative production in any domain, artistic, food production, novels written, novels sold, money generated, number of goals scored in hockey, number of paintings painted. In any endeavor where the underlying measure is human productivity, what you find is a very tiny percentage of people produce almost all of the output. It is a square root law, if you look at the number of people producing in a given domain, the square root of the amount of people do half of the work. Meaning, if you have 100 people doing something only 10 of them will be doing half of the work. This is a natural law and cannot be avoided or blamed on any one particular domain of expertise.

Do not underestimate the complexity of this problem. If you are interested in discussing laws and jurisdiction outside of the USA you should contact lawyers that are well versed in international financial legislation. Many lawyers in America will be informed in American law and more specifically the laws of their state. I can't imagine there are many lawyers in other countries pointing at the laws of USA to govern interactions within their own countries, else they would be very bad lawyers until they move to America. My point is, this is probably more a miscommunication than an intentional or ignorant outcome. You cannot expect the best results from the average lawyer and you cannot expect them to know more than their area of expertise.

Some countries just want to use SEC or American legislation as guidelines where their country has a grey area to make sure they are not doing something out of step.
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 03:50:16 PM

This is why, as an investor, it is important to do your due dilligence surrounding the team behind an ico.
Especially when it comes to the advisors.
Advisors themselves will rarely get nack to you if you reach out to them (they are often high profile names and very busy)

However any ico that is a serious project will have a way to respond to and address your questions and concerns.
This is where you can ask about their legal team.
If they dont have one or give vague answers, run away!
If they spout us sec laws when they are based in singapore with an asian market in mind run away!

Also, dont forget to ask why they are doing kyc if they rquire it.
You would be surprised how many dont know why they do it

friday99

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:55:31 PM

do you mean what kind of lawyer can be employed in the crypto currency problem? whether this will provide more benefits for the owner of the lawyer.
MaiQwaN

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:10:35 PM

I often see that non-US jurisdiction ICO companies require investors and bounty hunters to pass the KYC procedure. As I understand, their lawyers do not know what to do exactly and give advice to the team to do it just in case.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2100
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:26:03 PM

I don't think you guys get it, US and some selected few countries are where laws are being implemented to letter so they need to take them serious, some cuntries careless about what is happening in Crypto will only act after US has make pronouncement on the space

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:29:14 PM

Lawyers are the most dangerous scammers in the world.
I never trust to lawyers as i have many lawyer friends and all of them are devils advocate.
I really love that movie too Smiley

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
makuhpal

Activity: 256
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:34:32 PM

ICOs residing outside the U.S isnt under that SEC's regulation,you are making this hard simple problem would have simple answers,do not get a lawyer residing into the U.S jurisdiction,get an international lawyer who has a lot of experience probably 10years + so that they will know how to deal with the sec's bullying.

poutintsev (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 08:16:47 PM

US and some selected few countries are where laws are being implemented to letter so they need to take them serious

You need to take them seriously only if:
- you live there
- you are citizen of that country
- your company (that will do ICO) is registered there

In all the other case you don't have to give a damn about them.

My trust score has been ruined by fake negative reviews by lying users. Click on my "trust" and then "reference" to see for what exactly I got them.
Nagricoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 03:20:32 AM

Good info!
Thanks

🌱🌻🥕NAGRICOIN🍅🌽🌾
👉🏻🍏Nagri - we are what we eat, invest in it!🍏👈🏻
✔️Check out the link in 🌎
thangveo

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:23:19 AM

Wow, I have never heard about this. Most of my decisions to invest is unsure. If we can protect our ICO, it is very good
heifengli

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:24:28 AM

There are many scams in the ICO. You can only rely on yourself. If you want to make a big profit, then you have to take risks. There is no free lunch in the world.
TosTeam
Copper Member

Activity: 81

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 06:21:01 AM

US and some selected few countries are where laws are being implemented to letter so they need to take them serious

You need to take them seriously only if:
- you live there
- you are citizen of that country
- your company (that will do ICO) is registered there

In all the other case you don't have to give a damn about them.

How about if I want to list my coin in US-based exchanges?
Some exchanges actually require legal opinion about the coin's possibility of being considered as a security.
I hope I wouldn't have to give a damn about this, too. It's too complicated.

▓▓ TOSCOIN :: Cryptocurrency for real payment system. ▓▓
🕇  Announcement | WebsiteGitHub Facebook Twitter 🕇
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:32:15 AM

Lawyers are professions that are quite important and influential in life. I can not imagine who will defend someone in the trial, if the lawyer's profession does not exist. Do we understand all the laws that exist in a country? obviously not and this is a lawyer's job to help us, discuss and find solutions to what we face. Do not blame a job profession, but this is purely because of the fault of its person.
idioma1

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:56:52 AM

Got it.Thanks for info
poutintsev (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 05:21:26 PM

Got it.Thanks for info

You're welcome!

ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:28:56 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2018, 05:56:27 PM by ZaoXhou

Don't get american lawyers or a less preferable option is to exclude american investors.
And if you are US based company doing an ICO then you have to adhere to said rules anyway.
gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:48:54 AM

what are they really doing and why hire a lawyer? it is not the best way, if indeed they anticipate the failure of ico because it is caused by certain factors.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: