Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:40:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required?
No - 95 (61.7%)
Yes, I would participate - 59 (38.3%)
Total Voters: 154

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VOTE! Do you participate in ICO that requires KYC (your personal data)?  (Read 1093 times)
BTRIC
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

BTRIC: Innovate. Institute. Labs.

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 05:52:54 PM

I am personally not in favor of KYC for ICO projects, but I do recognize that it's required by governments in some cases.

Given that, I believe a better KYC system needs to be put in to use by everyone.  It has to balance the legal requirements that the business has with the privacy interests of the customers.  There's methods to explore to accomplish this and I plan on working on announcing a working group to focus on this issue once I can.

I remain concerned about U.S. regulators and am planning a trip to DC to sit down with lawmakers and regulators to articulate the different considerations that are necessary with respect to KYC in ICO/ITO offerings.  I'm looking at how stock exchanges perform IPO's and the personal information that is exchanged with the public company is not much, and it's done through their stock exchange.  There is no advance KYC for IPOs except for private offerings.

Lots of things to work on.  But my view is if we don't come to some consensus on how to handle these things, the (legacy) financial services lobby will make it come out in their favor.  I am opposed to extensive regulation that will slow the pace of innovation and maintain large bank's grip over finance.

Best regards,
Ben

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raymondsamillano

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:08:27 PM

I would agree with the kyc if the purpose is to avoid money laundering but may have a contract that personal data will not be sold to call centers or any institutions. Except for passport, drivers license is sufficient to accept. ICO is also better off with its own kyc from previous investment or from its partnership, so not only the investors will be identified but the
ICO itself, you can prove legitimate.
abbywem

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:10:10 PM

Hello no I wont give up my information to be later sold on the dark web.

They cannot protect your data.  Even the most advanced security systems get hacked.  Every time you send it your taking that chance.  

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
flowers5

Activity: 192

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:13:15 PM
Merited by juljon18 (1)

No vote here.  

One thing to note.

99% of the time the price falls to the ICO price after a few weeks.  Just wait until then to buy it.  

Also if everyone shuns this activity and does not participate it will go away all on it's own.  You guys are giving up everything by participating.  From the movement of crypto all the way down to your personal security.

The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:31:37 PM

I go for No. But it is up to what kind of KYC is that. If they want selfie from me that's abosulately no. If they have soft KYC it can be.

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
horner35

Activity: 93
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:52:35 PM

Of course you do not give away your personal information.  The ICO price always crashes and you buy then.  Simple.  Never ever give a passport and a selfie to a stranger.  You guys get the fomo so hard you give up that type of info over the internet? 

Once you guys stop support those projects you do realize KYC will go away right? 
qero

Activity: 476
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:55:10 PM

You can use fake data (passport and etc). There is no problem if you see problem.
yulchatar

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:59:16 PM

I voted yes since I'm participating in such projects where verification of the KYC is required. The company that conducts ICO establishes own rules which I follow if I want to invest in their project. If you don't want it - it's your choice.
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:00:08 PM

Crypto should be private and anonymous, the only people that should prove themselves are those that are running the ICOS.
HabiebRiziq

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:02:10 PM

Of course you do not give away your personal information.  The ICO price always crashes and you buy then.  Simple.  Never ever give a passport and a selfie to a stranger.  You guys get the fomo so hard you give up that type of info over the internet?  

Once you guys stop support those projects you do realize KYC will go away right?  
me to, vote no ! beware with KYC verification guys. go to other ICO with no KYC verification required. your personal data is more important than everything guys. there are many ICO with no KYC verification guys.
WilfOtto

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:13:46 PM

I haven't taken part in ICO yet but I plan to do it.
I will think KYC requiring ICO over very cautiously. Most likely I won't take part in it.
Only if such project has a very firm background (e.g. MVP, working product, realty object) I will possibly take part in it.
republicrypto

Activity: 1400
Merit: 252

Keep it Simple guys :)

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:18:45 PM

its depends on what kin of ICO project,, if the project make me interested,
i will contribute with KYC procedure my friend
regards
sumitup

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:38:16 PM

oh HECK NO!   I can't vote, maybe because I'm new, or, because i just can't figure it out...  If I could vote though, it would definitely go to NO.  There isn't a chance in you know where that I will send any personal data or pictures over the internet.  Why would a company need to have my passport to identify me?!!?!?  Nope, KYC is for the suckers.  I can see it now, months from now, there will be a bunch of people somewhere complaining about how their Driver license and passport info has been compromised.  Well no kidding fools, you sent to to these companies for their KYC process.  Then, one of that companies employees decides they don't like working there, or, just have beef with life in general, and they decide to steal, borrow, leak the KYC info that they had access to out.    Yea, I'll avoid that part of this process as crypto grows.
boristhebat

Activity: 95

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:40:04 PM

Glad to see a majority of us value personal privacy and won't submit documents over the internet and risk private security. 

Also enjoy seeing all the potential money the KYC projects lost by dragging people through that process.  Keep strong guys!
boristhebat

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:41:46 PM

Isn`t it almost every ICO that requires KYC. They even started spamming and selling my data to newly formed scammers and ICO`s. But that doesn`t bother me nothing can happen. So yes, if I have a chance to receive 2.5x on my investment - go go go

.gov must have a 3rd world call center transitioned over to try to convince us KYC is ok.

The post above me cannot even be from a real human being.  Could you imagine navigating through life being this person if they are indeed sincere.  Just wow. 
Jekbolt (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:46:17 PM

Providing your personal data to someone online who hasn't even launched yet is not only risky but foolish. With the amount of hacks happening I don't think people realize what happens if their personal data gets hacked and sold on dark net markets.

Please vote (choose "no" above the topic name)
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:47:41 PM

I do detailed research before investing, Ones I discover it is a viable ICO and not a scam team, I do not have problem with KYC , as it is part of  a way to avoid cheaters in the a ICO .
boristhebat

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:48:37 PM

You can use fake data (passport and etc). There is no problem if you see problem.

Using fake data is illegal and you may get in trouble.
Depending on your country forgery of documents may lead to imprisonment.

This is a total lie.  It depends who you give the data to.  Give it to a government official.  Then yeah.  Handing it over to a project or kyc compnay is good to go.

Your more likely to get into trouble from .gov handing over your identification to everyone on the internet which in turn gives the real data to the criminals.  

By the way very few people are unintelligent enough to send their most personal of documents over the internet.  These supporters of KYC are most likely the scammers themselves trying to get you to throw your passports at them so they can be sold on the dark web.    Think about it.  Who would be out here promoting they submitted to authority, sold out the crypto movement by jeopardizing privacy (one of the key factors), and did it all for money and lambos.  Don't buy into it and keep yourself secure.  You can almost always buy it for ICO price a few weeks later.
GFE

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:49:48 PM

The requirement to pass the KYC (know-your-customer) test from the ICO companies is really a big problem both for investors in ICO campaigns and start-ups.

Some people (contributors) don't like to leave personal information to start-ups. What about you?
Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required? Please vote.

This poll will help ICOs to decide what should they do with this issue: apply KYC/AML and get lower rate of contributors or don't apply and get more contributors.

Personally I prefer bounty without KYC because there are no extra actions to upload documents, photo and etc. KYC takes extra time of investors and bounty hunters

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
icodetected

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 07:50:07 PM

I participate in such ICO, but I am very concerned about the safety of my confidential data. After all, when filling out KIC have to specify a lot of personal data, and who and how to ensure their safety is not known.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: