Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:40:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required?
No - 95 (61.7%)
Yes, I would participate - 59 (38.3%)
Total Voters: 154

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VOTE! Do you participate in ICO that requires KYC (your personal data)?  (Read 1098 times)
strongman8

Activity: 133
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:57:32 PM

I would never submit my documents like that to unknown parties and never over the internet.  People have died to not have to show this information.  Maybe  we should not willingly give our information for greed and money.  My answer is clearly no as history proves that it is never a good idea to sacrifice your privacy and safety.  Especially for little colored pieces of paper. 
fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:57:39 PM

I would not participate for sure. I understand that the KYC is used to verify the identity of investors, but somehow I'm not cool with this yet. Cryptocurrency is still in its infancy and a lot of things have to be done to put the industry in the right perspective. Perhaps a better way can be devised or this KYC thing can wait until the industry matures.

veronica91074

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:03:39 PM

My Vote is for NO.  I'm very surprised of the amount of people that have no problem at all sending their personal data online.  Some have even mentioned that they prefer it, because it makes them feel like it's less "scammy".  Well damn, even the good ones can be scams.  So, unless your some sort of personal investigator, I doubt everyone is going to become Sherlock Holmes and figure each scam out.  In the meantime, each time you send one of these documents back and forth, you take the risk that someone that you weren't intending on giving it to or seeing it can get a hold of it.  Take it from someone who has their identity stolen once, it is not fun.  It takes years to recover from.  My information was literally stolen, and it has caused so much ruin.  Then I come here and see people lining up to just give away their information freely.  It's insanity!  Maybe not all of you, but some of you who have decided to join KYC processes may realize just how big of a mistake this was down the road.  Just takes one scumbag to get a hold of your information, then it takes you hours, days, years of hard work to get your info back in line....   just my opinion of course.
dillonplayadoe

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:04:39 PM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

I can't believe 15 people voted yes.  Next week they will be here with the topic  "Why is my passport on the dark web?"

Meanwhile half of us sent in fake id's and the other half bought 2 weeks later for ICO price instead of handing over our passports.  

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
BettingTips

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:11:29 PM

Of course I'll join an ICO project that requires KYC but it must be a truthworthy project cause I don't want my profile to be leaked out and sold for criminal activity. For now, as I know almost ICO project also require KYC so it's really hard to find out an ICO project that don't require KYC to participate in. But it'll be very terrible if anyone don't have much experience and join a scam ICO project that requires KYC

BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:19:57 PM

This cant be worked around.

Basically, if ICo does not ask for KYC this is very suspicious and you should think twice about this ICO.
Evry responsible ICO management understands that they can get in big trouble if KYC is not done nad kYC is not the problem if it is done by know and reputable KYC company,
mariangpalad

Activity: 196

Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:27:04 PM

KYC only needs to verifiy if you are residing in the U.S because SEC strictly prohibits the participation of any u.s citizens with these scammy ICOs,SEC see these ICOs as potential scams that is why they are just protecting their citizens from these things,investments should always be regulated so that there will be less scammers,but ICOs are decentralized that is why the SEC cannot oppose that.

Kildin11

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:32:51 PM

regardless of what kind of project. But more often yes, since there are fewer participants in such projects, it makes payments large. Do you agree?
strongman8

Activity: 133

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:38:40 PM

Remember the thread that said "When will crypto die?" 

It dies when we all give over the privacy we were starting to take back with the blockchain technology.  Now the blockchain will truly be a chain around our necks.  Bankers always win.
goshay97

Activity: 223

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:43:59 PM

Nope.  Not happening.

Any crypto selling out and killing off privacy will never make it in the long run.  The only reason someone would choose crypto over traditional methods is for privacy.  Bankers/corporations got this shit on lock in almost all other aspects.  Crypto lives and dies with privacy.

andrey111

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:44:15 PM

I have a different opinion. On the one hand, if a very promising project, then of course you want to participate in it. On the other hand ... what anonymity it is if I need to give all the information about myself. I certainly understand that this is not a whim of the developers, but the requirements of the regulatory bodies. They are enraged that they do not eat from this trough.
cryptomngr

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:47:31 PM

Nope ICOs today sucks,most of the ICOs that are failing are having these verifications people doesnt want to risk their privacy and private informations to these people,because we can just buy these coins or tokens after they are listed in some exchanges,that wont risk any of our private and personal information because these informations can be sold and use to criminal offenses.

cryptotnak

Activity: 194

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:51:37 PM

I dont want to give any personal information with these people,because it might be sold to the deepweb and could be use into some illegal activities,but it is really depends on you,but for me it isnt an option because the reason why i am using cryptocurrency is for my own protection while transacting online and privacy for me is a must.

ilnick

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:53:01 PM

I avoid such an ICO. But in some cases they require to fill out KYC after the end of the bounty. This is unpleasant, since there is a manipulation of regret about the time spent.
goodman4hire

Activity: 291

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 08:55:02 PM

Why would someone ever send in your information online?  It can never be fully secured.  Even the highest levels of government are hacked and betrayed from within.  Your data is in no way shape or form safe with these projects or kyc companies.  You guys live very risky lives.  

Huge crime takes place and they leave a copy of your passport at the scene.  What are your going to tell the authorities?  Yeah I send my passport over the internet all the time?  It is probably more illegal to freely give out your passport to anyone who asks than it is to photoshop something up real quick off a real passport (you can probably buy one of the posters above me saying hell yeah I give that bad boy to anyone who asks) and send that in to these BS KYC companies.  They are not government officials.  Most are selling your data on the back end to boot.  

Next up.  We all know the guy on the boards crying "I was hacked and don't know how".  I do.  You gave all your information up and gave the criminals key information about yourself.  Prob even took a selfie.  Now your what they call a mark.  The more they know about you the easier it is to steal from you.  They know where you live, what you look like and even got a nice close up of your mug with that fancy selfie.  

Funny thing is the price of the coin is under the ico price and you didn't have to give any of that up!!!  

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
joselitobayagbag

Activity: 231

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:57:43 PM

No,not all the peoplea are going to risk their identity information especially when these ICO developers will sell our informations in the deepweb,the darkweb has full of cindicates that are collecting and buying critical informations about people and it could be used to illegal activities such as buying or selling drugs,guns and other stuffs that is why i will just wait these projects to be listed in exchanges so that i wont risk any of my personal informations.

sycaburatan

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:01:07 PM

We shouldnt be risking our personal and critical informations with these ICOs,only those U.S citizens should get these KYCs because in most of the countries there are no existing regulations like in the U.S that is why it isnt really necessary to have these KYC bullshit,they just want to collect datas from the people that could be sold in the dark web,so it a big NO!

Dolarin

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:06:04 PM

I believe that KYC is not a hindrance to investing in a good project. I don't see nothing wrong to send your documents.
cryptobobo

Activity: 210

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:07:53 PM

Too risky,and i wont put my personal informations into the hands of these unknown people as far as i know KYC will only be required if the ICO is residing inside the U.S premises,that makes these ICOs scammy because not all the KYC should be required to have KYC verifications.I wont risk my personal information instead i will just wait these projects to get listed in the exchanges.

torrihuff

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:09:10 PM

Too risky,and i wont put my personal informations into the hands of these unknown people as far as i know KYC will only be required if the ICO is residing inside the U.S premises,that makes these ICOs scammy because not all the KYC should be required to have KYC verifications.I wont risk my personal information instead i will just wait these projects to get listed in the exchanges.

This is a huge point.  99% of the time it's not required by the country.  They are simply scamming you for you information!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: