Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:32:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required?
No - 95 (61.7%)
Yes, I would participate - 59 (38.3%)
Total Voters: 154

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VOTE! Do you participate in ICO that requires KYC (your personal data)?  (Read 1098 times)
ilya_gr

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:10:49 PM

You can send them just your driving license, is it a problem for you?
Sending passport scans is quite risky,I agree,but what about driving license,what can they do with it?
cryptocrocs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:17:15 PM

Bloody NO! i dont really like sending my IDs to these people because i dont know who they are or how will they use these informations to some activities,especially when they have started selling these database to the deepweb,it could be the reason why we will face a lot of criminal offenses in the future because our informations has been used to some illegal activities.

better to be safe than sorry.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
JakenBake

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:20:50 PM

Sending passport scans is quite risky,I agree,but what about driving license,what can they do with it?

Um use it to sign up for ICO's? 

There was some guy the other day bitching about how someone used his ID before he did for an ICO.  The hackers are hopefully culling the weak for us.  The guys who do not value privacy are like a canker sore on crypto. 

camps74

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:24:27 PM

No way.  Look at these results.  2:1 in favor of no way to KYC.

The project that respects our privacy will outperform over time due to the numbers off people not supporting the KYC projects.  More people means higher price and more project support.  

Imagine the risk of holding a token which did KYC and one day that data is breached.  That token is going down.  Counter party risk.  No thanks

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
REMIIT.IO ║ Decentralized Remittance & Payment Platform (https://remiit.io/)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
cryptoprophecy

Activity: 145

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:24:48 PM

Dont need to do that,risking your informations could cause a lot of problems because it might be sold by these people.We should wait for these projects to be listed to the exchanges so that we wont need to submit any personal informations to these people.Privacy and anonimity of transactions are the reasons why i have invested to bitcoin and cryptocurrencies few years ago.

BITEX >>> The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank <<< WHITEPAPER - ANN - JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
                TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE       PRE-ICO STARTS 23RD APRIL 12:00 GMT
Olga1111

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:27:34 PM

this of course risky, better perhaps to send driver's license
royalfestus

Activity: 2436
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:30:41 PM

There are no assurance on the security of the personal information submitted most times, we only work with the fact that the registration is necessary. Have seen cases where the information is used in the phishing mail with all the personnal details submitted. information beyond necessary security risk should not be submitted irrespective of how prospective the ICO is. Every ICO that divulge information after providing the assurance of safety of personal details should be prosecuted.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
DMiracle1

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:40:35 PM

I have already did. And i certainly wouldn't mind doing it again if it's the only way to get my hard earned tokens to finally reflect in my wallet.
seggardinggins

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:49:14 PM

Um use it to sign up for ICO's? 

There was some guy the other day bitching about how someone used his ID before he did for an ICO.  The hackers are hopefully culling the weak for us.  The guys who do not value privacy are like a canker sore on crypto. 

I honestly rather disagree if we are asked to provide our personal data when we want to follow ico because I think our personal data is very likely misused by others for their personal interests
Osiris0

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:49:54 PM

The requirement to pass the KYC (know-your-customer) test from the ICO companies is really a big problem both for investors in ICO campaigns and start-ups.

Some people (contributors) don't like to leave personal information to start-ups. What about you?
Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required? Please vote.

This poll will help ICOs to decide what should they do with this issue: apply KYC/AML and get lower rate of contributors or don't apply and get more contributors.

These requirements are normal as I could understand that. Anonymity is not always so good. Of course, I will make good investigation about the ICO and if it deserves, for me it is not a big problem to go through the KYC/AML- procedure. But of coarse without any expirience or in some unpredictable cases the data can be exposed. But this is the price for the great potential and grow.
Moeda

Activity: 1585
Merit: 271

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:53:40 PM

I also participate in projects that use the KYC system, but I do not agree with the KYC system. Because participation in a project does not require an accurate data system. Trading cryptocurrency passes the blockchain system to avoid fraud. So in my opinion, the KYC system is not very important, and can be eliminated.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
mckayday

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:55:46 PM

Put me down for a no.  It's simple common sense to not send your documents over the internet.  There are bunches of stories right here on these boards of people having their identities stolen.

I would love to know the nationality of the people sending these in.  I wonder if it is region specific or cultural.  Over on my side doing a govt issues document over the internet is a big no no.  

jinnyjinny

Activity: 280
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:10:47 PM

I really don't like to provide my personal data to someone - i think nobody doesn't. But much more i don't like to give information about my adress, this is more dangerous. Some projects want us to send the scan of info about registration address. I'm not sure what they are gonna do with this info.

mautenisis

Activity: 274

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:14:20 PM

Am not going to send my details with these people because it can be use to some identity fraud or scams and you might face a lot of problems in the future.IDs and other personal informations should be private so that our privacy wont be compromised,protect your informations just like protecting your private keys so that there wont be much problem in the future.

You can wait for these projects to be listed in the exchanges so that you wont need to send your IDs to get these coins.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
djkyno

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:17:38 PM

No, I don't take this risk, and I avoid participating in such ICO projects asking for KYC. The main attractive feature of crypto currencies in general is that they are decentralized and anonymous, if we have to give out our data and ID documents I dont see a great difference between such projects and forex or trading fiat currencies.
Baltman

Activity: 280
Merit: 170

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:20:00 PM

I think this is waiting for all projects. KYC will become an indispensable necessity for everyone and we are waiting for regulation by the government

Nelly.G0211

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Eloncity - power the world for free! /eloncity.io/

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:20:41 PM

many great projects require KYC. it's not a big deal. it's just their way to check people and their intentions. so if you don't have something to hide, just do what is required.

pedropendukot

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:21:39 PM

Not a very good idea since there are some cases that these KYC participants seen their IDs that has been sold in the deepweb,it could more dangerous and risky because these informations can be used to illegal activities and frauds ,because in the deepweb the worst people will use your informations to some crimes,do not let anyone to get your informations stay safe and alert.

Kiefner

Activity: 921

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:22:23 PM

Depends what ICO project it is. If it's worth it, I think we can verify our identity. Is ICO, where the first does not need verification, and after ICO the company of her please.

●   TOP EXCHANGE IEO   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
pooque

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:27:44 PM

Hello no,this could be so risky because everthing can be different when our informations got into wrong hands,especially those people who will use informations to some illegal activities,or worst in fraudulent and scam activities and you will be just surprised you are in the news and you have a lot of criminal cases that you will face in the legal court.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: