Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:25:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required?
No - 95 (61.7%)
Yes, I would participate - 59 (38.3%)
Total Voters: 154

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VOTE! Do you participate in ICO that requires KYC (your personal data)?  (Read 1093 times)
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:33:49 PM

The requirement to pass the KYC (know-your-customer) test from the ICO companies is really a big problem both for investors in ICO campaigns and start-ups.

Some people (contributors) don't like to leave personal information to start-ups. What about you?
Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required? Please vote.

This poll will help ICOs to decide what should they do with this issue: apply KYC/AML and get lower rate of contributors or don't apply and get more contributors.

it definitely discourages me from participating.

if an ICO requires your personal data, then it just means that there is more of a risk for your data to be stolen. Also since you know that other people will probably also not invest due to this, you'd think that the potential for the price to rise from ICO prices is lower.

But of course, if it's a good project, and you are willing to provide your ID, nobody says you can't participate either.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Snixer

Activity: 303
Merit: 43

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 10:37:27 PM

Voted no,if the ICO has been requiring to send my passport,i wont because it could be used into identity frauds and illegal actitivities,many of the cindicates are in the deepweb and it could be use against you,dont want to risk my privacy just for the opportunity that an ICO has to offer? why not buy these coins after they got listed in the exchange?

If you do proper research before investing in something that requires a KYC you won't risk any identity fraud. The problem starts when you start giving out your passport left and right to every single ICO available without research into everything about the project.

About your last question, the reason that it's not smart to wait to get the tokens from the exchange is because the best ICOs, when publicly tradeable will start with a minimum x3 of the ICO price and you'll end up losing potential profits if you would have just invested during the ICO.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cryptovalute24ore.it   •  Guide Semplici e Complete, Notizie e Quotazioni sulle Criptovalute   •  TELEGRAM   ▲  Acquista Gioielli Artigianali con Criptovalute su FioridiLilla.com  
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
hiwainmoto

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:42:01 PM

No,hell no because it could be use to some illegal activities,when our IDs were sold to the deepweb.I am just looking to the posibilities because security is the most important here in cryptocurrencies,IDs and personal informations should be protected too just like what private keys because it could be use to some fraudulent activities by these greedy people.

cryptomarijuana

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:53:50 PM

If you do proper research before investing in something that requires a KYC you won't risk any identity fraud. The problem starts when you start giving out your passport left and right to every single ICO available without research into everything about the project.

About your last question, the reason that it's not smart to wait to get the tokens from the exchange is because the best ICOs, when publicly tradeable will start with a minimum x3 of the ICO price and you'll end up losing potential profits if you would have just invested during the ICO.
Why would you join an ICO which you wont hold for a long time? it isnt always for the money sometimes you need to wait few more months to see the difference when you are sold your tokens right after the coin has been listed to exchanges,i dont usually do that dumping when i see potentials to the project because the reason why i am joining these ICOs is to get those cheaper coins to maximize my profits in just few months of holding.

abduljacklu

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:02:43 PM

I dont usually join ICOs,but as far as i can see these KYC verifications isnt worth the risk the risk of getting yourself in trouble is higher than the benefits of this to yourself.Sometimes you need to do something that oppose your decisions,but in this case i dont se the point of having these verifications because you could just wait for these project to be listed in exchanges if you really want to get those coins.

johnyespapa

Activity: 257
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:11:50 PM

No,i dont it is worth the risk,because it could be use to some activities online and i dont think you will be safe if most of the cindicates has your information for example thieves have bought your IDs in the darkweb,and they know your exact address,you could be targeted as they know you have money to invest with these ICOs,did you understand that risk now?

cryptopuma

Activity: 202

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:17:43 PM

I dont think it will be good to participate these verifications because it would risk your identity and personal informations,you could just wait for the project to be listed in some exchanges,then wait those bounty hunters and investors to dump these coins so that you can get these coins below the ICO price and still your privacy wont be compromised.

matsusomoto

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:28:43 PM

Not going to risk my identity to these people,because we wont know what will happen to in the future our IDs can be used to some criminal acitivities in the internet,it is better to wait for these projects to be listed in exchanges so that we wont risk our IDs and privacy,do not trust anyone online because it isnt worth the risk.

cryptomorphines

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:36:20 PM

No,because i dont want my personal informations be used to some criminal activities,these people can easily sold these informations in the deepweb and we wont know what will happen after our IDs were bought by those cindicates especially those fraudsters who will try to use our identities into some fraudulent attempts.
cryptamod

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:47:02 PM

I dont want to risk my privacy by sending my personal information and identification card just to get these tokens,because i can easily wait for these projects to get listed in some exchanges and wait for these bounty hunters and ICO hunters to dump those tokens and well i can easily bought it below the ICO price? isnt that easy? safe than sending your IDs that could be sold in the deepweb by these people?

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
johanesrobin

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:49:31 PM

I dont think it will be good to participate these verifications because it would risk your identity and personal informations,you could just wait for the project to be listed in some exchanges,then wait those bounty hunters and investors to dump these coins so that you can get these coins below the ICO price and still your privacy wont be compromised.
in contrast to your thinking that KYC aims to protect us as investors. Because we get token legally and get security guarantee. Bounty hunter is also an investor because they work and get tokens to trade. KYC is also a threat to fraudsters in this forum they can not hire their multiple accounts.
TheBountyManager

Activity: 27
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:26:44 AM

Hell No! these verifications shouldnt be tolerated because we are a decentralized community and we should stay the same,it is like monitoring our identity,do not send any information about yourself,use fake ID if you can so that your informations will be safe even if these people sold it in the darkweb.
hiphophf

Activity: 91
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:01:38 AM

Hell No! these verifications shouldnt be tolerated because we are a decentralized community and we should stay the same,it is like monitoring our identity,do not send any information about yourself,use fake ID if you can so that your informations will be safe even if these people sold it in the darkweb.

What bounties are you the manager of? Promote yourself.  There are people out here who will follow and participate and also hire you based off that stance.  Get out there and get us some bounties with a manager that thinks like us!!!
jarob44x

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:41:37 AM

Amazes me that people think it would be a good idea to send people this delicate information.  The most likely spot for the breech is a rogue employee making off with it.  I assume that's how most of these passports and ID's are getting out to the dark web.  Once they have this information your in big trouble.  Just waiting for the shoe to drop.  Please guys fake the id.  it is much much safer.
Lucky_U

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:46:33 AM

For now almost all ICO projects request KYC procedure. Another way to invest without KYC is participation in private presale pools.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:16:12 AM

in contrast to your thinking that KYC aims to protect us as investors. Because we get token legally and get security guarantee. Bounty hunter is also an investor because they work and get tokens to trade. KYC is also a threat to fraudsters in this forum they can not hire their multiple accounts.

It is very easy to create fake IDs just like the fake accounts. Check google playstore from any android phone and you will see at least 20 different apps that will let you create fake virtual IDs. So a person creating fake accounts can also use those apps and create fake IDs to participate in ICOs. However, from my experience with ICO bounties, I have seen companies are not asking bounty hunters to provide their identity (at least a majority of them), so we bounty hunters are safe as of now.

I have created a topic long back on the same issue and also mentioned three pointers of the concerns. Do visit and share your opinion as well.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2946614.40

Thanks,
Avikz

Jekbolt (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:56:35 AM

For now almost all ICO projects request KYC procedure. Another way to invest without KYC is participation in private presale pools.

is it not required in such private pools to provide ICO start-up with your personal info (if you are investor)?
Monkeyseemonkeydo

Activity: 246

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:08:53 AM

I would participate in such an ICO but only if I think that ICo is gonna be awesome
There is no point in such problems and paying so much efforts if the project is meh
bitcoinking11

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:22:37 AM

In general, I would avoid participating in ICOs that require KYC ( know your customer). However, if the project is very good and offer very good stakes then it can be considered.
NutellaboY

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:42:55 AM

For the most of ICo my answer is "no" just because there is no use for that people in that information. Why does they want to have my passport copies? How does it helps them?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: