Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:09:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required?
No - 95 (61.7%)
Yes, I would participate - 59 (38.3%)
Total Voters: 154

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VOTE! Do you participate in ICO that requires KYC (your personal data)?  (Read 1090 times)
The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:44:26 PM

For the most of ICo my answer is "no" just because there is no use for that people in that information. Why does they want to have my passport copies? How does it helps them?

Some have to document those details. But that selfie thing is too much and contains many risks I think.

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BarkingHawk

Activity: 197
Merit: 190

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:53:06 PM

No.  I do not support all of these organizations trying to track and spy on everyone.  Privacy is very important to the crypto dream.

gurunanakji777

Activity: 2086
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:12:35 PM

Honestly speaking I don't have any issue to participate in ICO that requires KYC but project should be legit or seems to be promising. Personally I feel if any company asking for your Kyc then there is more chance that project is legit and secured to invest. I agree many big investors doesn't want to provide their details if you are ready to pay the taxes then its not a big issue to give your personal details otherwise majority of peoples doesn't want to give their personal details but crypto concept is basically anonymous based.

Rudementry

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:01:39 PM

I submit my documents to participate in ICO. Probably soon there will be a safer way to confirm your identity. But so far this has not happened. My country is banned in many ICOs. And there remain those who allow my country to participate but require  KYC. I have no choice. If you do not submit documents, you should almost completely refuse to participate in ICO. But I'm not ready for this yet.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:13:46 PM

I mainly participate in ICO campaigns as a signatory campaign participant. If I see in the context of joining the ICO campaign that they do not exclude the further conduct of the KYC check, then whatever the campaign and the token issued by it are, this is a purely I do not adhere to such an ICO campaign. If such a claim is made after the completion of the ICO before the payment of the earned tokens, then there is no choice and I provide my personal information and a copy of my passport. However, in this case, I consider such actions on the part of the ICO team as fraud, since they are already conducted with the goal of not paying the earned tokens.
cryptonero

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:21:10 PM

I wont risk my privact just to get good discount with these tokens,IDs could be sold or stolen from these people and use it to some theft that is the worst thing that i will do,no way i wont send my IDs to these people because everything could happen and we should be vigillant because it could be the reason why we would have some problems in the future.

jackolinyoko

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:43:49 PM

Not an option because it could be the reason we will have bigger problems in the future,these critical and personal informatios shouldnt be given to these people because first,we dont know them and it could be sold to the deepweb which will be a bigger problem fraudsters can easily use these informations agains us to it isnt an option for me,we can get these tokens in echanges.

reypinioco

Activity: 182
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:51:43 PM

Not a good idea,because these IDS might be used to identity thefts,and it will be a bigger problem to solve when your identity is stolen and used into criminal activities especially frauds,these people can easily use these informations to your banks,getting all your funds out from your banks would you want to have the same faith like others?

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((     BIDIUM     )))           Pre-ICO Active | Join NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |       TWITTER       |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
totnaksquad

Activity: 182

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:00:37 PM

No because informations shouldnt be given to these uknown people that can use these critical personal informations to frauds,i wont risk my privacy to only get those token's discount.I will just wait for these projects to get listed on exchanges and wait these bounty hunters and ICO hunters to dump those tokens so that i can get these tokens below the ICO price.,easy!

junjunsalsalani

Activity: 183

equitybase: Crypto Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:31:53 PM

Too much risk and the rewards are too small,not a good idea because your informations might be sold to someone else or worst to the fraudsters in the deepweb,it could be the reason why your identity will be put in danger why are we going to participate these verifications if we can just gt those tokens when its available in exchanges?

MarEric

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:36:09 PM

I must be very sure in reliability of that ICO.
I'll think it over many times before joining. Frankly I don't like the idea of giving my identity data to an unknown virtual company.
warrenbuffet786a

Activity: 185

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:03:28 AM

No , I would never give out my personal information out to any ICO . There are lot of scam ico's so be careful and don't give out to ur info to anyone .
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:21:23 AM

KYC completely opposes the Cypherpunk Ideology.

We the Cypherpunks are dedicated to building anonymous systems.  We
are defending our privacy with cryptography, with anonymous mail
forwarding systems, with digital signatures, and with electronic
money.

https://w2.eff.org/Privacy/Crypto/Crypto_misc/cypherpunk.manifesto

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
johanesrobin

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:20:17 AM

I dont think it will be good to participate these verifications because it would risk your identity and personal informations,you could just wait for the project to be listed in some exchanges,then wait those bounty hunters and investors to dump these coins so that you can get these coins below the ICO price and still your privacy wont be compromised.
in contrast to your thinking that KYC aims to protect us as investors. Because we get token legally and get security guarantee. Bounty hunter is also an investor because they work and get tokens to trade. KYC is also a threat to fraudsters in this forum they can not hire their multiple accounts.

It is very easy to create fake IDs just like the fake accounts. Check google playstore from any android phone and you will see at least 20 different apps that will let you create fake virtual IDs. So a person creating fake accounts can also use those apps and create fake IDs to participate in ICOs. However, from my experience with ICO bounties, I have seen companies are not asking bounty hunters to provide their identity (at least a majority of them), so we bounty hunters are safe as of now.

I have created a topic long back on the same issue and also mentioned three pointers of the concerns. Do visit and share your opinion as well.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2946614.40

Thanks,
Avikz
A good opinion, there is always a way to make a fraud even if KYC is applied.
Let's think of the positive impact of KYC implementation, it is unfair to see this as a violation of the principle of decentralization and anonymous crypto / ICO.
BTW a very interesting topic and I have read it.
kololo

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:22:51 AM

Yes. I join the icos that requires my personal data. Because the good project want to legal in funding, they want to do a real project, so they do things legal and require a knc to founder.
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:28:47 AM

The requirement to pass the KYC (know-your-customer) test from the ICO companies is really a big problem both for investors in ICO campaigns and start-ups.

Some people (contributors) don't like to leave personal information to start-ups. What about you?
Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required? Please vote.

This poll will help ICOs to decide what should they do with this issue: apply KYC/AML and get lower rate of contributors or don't apply and get more contributors.

I understand that the majority of us, ICO investors, do not like the new mechanism installed in several ICOs right now. This KYC/AML addition has been received by ICO investors with frowning faces. However, I think I personally do not have any concern against this. For me, at least my personal take on this, this is not something that will put our information in jeopardy. On the contrary, this is for our safety to a certain extent. It would be bad for cryptocurrency in general if ICOs will be used by lawless elements to make money and use the same to terrorize us in any way possible. ICO is a great source of money that is why projects need to know the particular individuals that joined their ICOs.
RadioYo

Activity: 205

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 03:07:04 AM

Unfortuantely, KYC/AML is required...even for our ICO.

ICO website: https://rao.radioyo.fm
Product website: https://radioyo.fm

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q90/924/83FoS8.jpg
Novgabby

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:17:17 AM

NO, it is better to be careful with my personal information since personal things has to be kept within one's self.
Technology has grown so much these days that the internet can now see your personals staffs. People who has high education with internet that use their knowledge into something bad is what im avoiding.
What im talking about is scammers. Be as well be careful with them.
Jekbolt (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:10:04 AM

As poll results show most of people (almost 70%) would not participate in ICO if it requires KYC/AML;

But those who vote "No" should know that application of KYC/AML will help the project to avoid legal issues in the future and as a result increase token price (or at least not decrease it).

I will include this point into the topic.
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:13:06 AM

I just don't feel safe handing out my personal information over the internet to a shady ICO.  I barely even trust my information with big companies like amazon.  Databses can be hacked anytime then criminals have access to all your info.

Hopefully these icos wake up and stop requiring KYC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: