Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:09:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required?
No - 95 (61.7%)
Yes, I would participate - 59 (38.3%)
Total Voters: 154

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VOTE! Do you participate in ICO that requires KYC (your personal data)?  (Read 1098 times)
arthur25

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:20:50 AM

KYC is good to provide some information to let the customers be inform about personal information. This is like a legalization of the company business. I am not disagree rather agree to KYC. Bitcoin is decentralized place of business so providing the personal information will change the decentralization to centralization.
STIKS1911

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:23:51 AM

Lately, more and more projects require KYC to pass, sometimes this is required after you have purchased tokens or after the end of the ICO. And there is nothing left but to pass KYC. But the airdrops where KYC is required, I do not participate .

Gelesko

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:25:08 AM

The requirement to pass the KYC (know-your-customer) test from the ICO companies is really a big problem both for investors in ICO campaigns and start-ups.

Some people (contributors) don't like to leave personal information to start-ups. What about you?
Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required? Please vote.

This poll will help ICOs to decide what should they do with this issue: apply KYC/AML and get lower rate of contributors or don't apply and get more contributors.

P.S. those who vote "No" should know that application of KYC/AML will help the project to avoid legal issues in the future and as a result increase token price (or at least not decrease it).
I voted Yes, I would participate, as a matter of fact I have completed some KYC forms, I don't see nothing wrong with leaving or proof my identity! I am not a criminal and pay taxes, why should I be worried. I don't think in any way, it can be used against me. It takes a little time, but it's fine by me!

thorium232

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 09:43:27 AM

This requirement is very important due to the peculiarities of legislative regulation of different countries. Nothing special, it's a simple formality that will allow you to participate legally.  But the other side it's not good to give personal data to companies with unknown reputation. So it is necessary to make a decision about giving KYC in each specific case.
dizzy1996

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:50:11 AM

The requirement to pass the KYC (know-your-customer) test from the ICO companies is really a big problem both for investors in ICO campaigns and start-ups.

Some people (contributors) don't like to leave personal information to start-ups. What about you?
Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required? Please vote.

This poll will help ICOs to decide what should they do with this issue: apply KYC/AML and get lower rate of contributors or don't apply and get more contributors.

P.S. those who vote "No" should know that application of KYC/AML will help the project to avoid legal issues in the future and as a result increase token price (or at least not decrease it).
Hello, I will gladly answer your question, I do not agree with you the process of identity verification is one of the aspects of secure investment in the project, and in my opinion this is really a useful option for participation in the sale of tokens

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
Jekbolt (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:20:50 AM

Hello, I will gladly answer your question, I do not agree with you the process of identity verification is one of the aspects of secure investment in the project, and in my opinion this is really a useful option for participation in the sale of tokens

So what is your vote: "no" or "yes" ?
Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:27:07 AM

Nowadays it's mandatory to pass KYS almost for every good ICO. If's always a risk to share your personal information, as it can be sold to frauds. Sometimes we have to pass KYC even to recieve bounties or airdrops. So we have no choice actually.

KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:48:29 AM

The main reason that I don’t invest in ICO’s requiring KYC (know your customer) is that the process is sometimes time consuming and the ICO wont even be worth it. Also, revealing private information just to register in some ICO can be quite risky specially of the ICO is not a legit one and has flaws. ICO’s requiring KYC might and might not be a scam or ponzi scheme, but its hard for people to register for airdrop or pre sale just to get some coins.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:58:01 AM
Merited by stingers (1)

I think there should be a third option in the voting poll "Undecided". The truth is that this KYC requirements are of genuine concern with regards to protecting investors and or illegal trades happening with crytpocurrencies and it is a legit concern. The trth also is that we have legit people who like to be anonymous donors for good causes or charities, so also there are people who would want to be anonymous investors... Its just their personality. I would vote undecided, coz I just don't want my data everywhere, but also I don't have anything to hide. Imagine I want to participate in 100 ICOs does that mean i have to give my data to 100 projects? That is very uneasy for most people. There should a be a way to track funds activities and ban wallets or seize wallets that are suspicious, then it forces the "suspect" to then provide proof of no wrongdoing.
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:02:39 AM

If they are strong ICOs with serious, professional team and advisors with extensive background in cryptocurrency and expertise in their area of influence, yes I would feel comfortable with completing KYC. BUT, ALWAY do your own dilligence on projects, don't rely solely on another person's opinion about a project. Wink
Nelly.G0211

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Eloncity - power the world for free! /eloncity.io/

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:54:40 AM

If they are strong ICOs with serious, professional team and advisors with extensive background in cryptocurrency and expertise in their area of influence, yes I would feel comfortable with completing KYC. BUT, ALWAY do your own dilligence on projects, don't rely solely on another person's opinion about a project. Wink

i absolutely agree with you, if the ico is worth it, and you checked all the information about them. i send my personal information, only when i believe in the project.

fabrizoc

Activity: 386

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:02:18 AM

If the project doesn't look like a scam and has a great potential I would contribute even if my passport photo/selfie is required.
Though we can do research before investing an ICO whether it’s a scam or not, but one can never surely say as some scams are designed so perfectly and their whitepaper seems so legit that it is nearly impossible to differ it from the real ICO’s. so sharing personal information before knowing if the ICO is legit or not is quite hard and plus KYC’s sometimes can be time consuming and annoying if the document gets rejected or matters like that. One has no security against it when he/she invests in ICO’s and provides personal information.

mikfresh

Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:16:09 PM

Wow, i didn't expect such a number of "no". But that's the rules we have right now. I wouldn't like ICOs to be used for money laundering. That's a serious problem
CryptikEnigma

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:44:36 PM

Speaking frankly, I do not participate in such ICO, because I do not want to share my personal data especially if we take into account the fact that often we do not even know whether it is reliable or not
rey.fudz15

Activity: 204

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:46:43 PM

I believe on bounty and project I invest that needed kyc for the distribution of tokens so i don't mind sending my personal information to them as i support this regulation as well because this makes a strong point to the community that not all ICO are scam.

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:52:30 PM

Providing your personal data to someone online who hasn't even launched yet is not only risky but foolish. With the amount of hacks happening I don't think people realize what happens if their personal data gets hacked and sold on dark net markets.
Completely agree with this, anyone can create a token and setup a quick half decent looking site and claim to be launching the next best thing, so handing over your details is very risky, even with an ICO that you think looks legit.

I think for large investors there will be some need for information but for the smaller guys there really shouldn't be a need to go through this process.
taeewo

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:54:51 PM

If i see that the project is great like medichain, i will send my documents....
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5015

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:19:02 PM

Wow, i didn't expect such a number of "no". But that's the rules we have right now. I wouldn't like ICOs to be used for money laundering. That's a serious problem

That means you do not understand the fundamentals this entire scene are built upon.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Jekbolt (OP)

Merit: 20

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:27:42 PM

Providing your personal data to someone online who hasn't even launched yet is not only risky but foolish. With the amount of hacks happening I don't think people realize what happens if their personal data gets hacked and sold on dark net markets.

I think for large investors there will be some need for information but for the smaller guys there really shouldn't be a need to go through this process.

How would you differentiate large investors from smaller guys? what contribution amount might be considered as small? 2k or what?
Razerglass
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:30:17 PM

ICOs are good way for money laundering and funding illegla activities. That's reason why governments require  from exchanges to register on security organizations like SEC in order to provide their data of customers. KYC procedure should be mandatory and everyone who participated in ICO have to pass it for not get in in trouble with both company and government.

██░                                             
 ▓██▓░                                           
  ▓█████▓▒░                                  ░▒██░
    ▓███████▓▒░                           ░▓▓██▓ 
      ▒█████████▓▒                     ░▓████▓   
        ░█████▓████▓▒                 ▓████▓░   
          ░▓███▓▓▓▓███▓░            ▒██▓▓█▒     
             ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒         ░███▓▓█▒       
               ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓       ▓███▓▓█▒       
                ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒   ▒███████▓         
                 ░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                   ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒