Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 01:20:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required?
No - 95 (61.7%)
Yes, I would participate - 59 (38.3%)
Total Voters: 154

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VOTE! Do you participate in ICO that requires KYC (your personal data)?  (Read 1105 times)
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:36:32 PM

It is simply a fact of what kind of company does the KYC, do i trust this company and what is the reputation of them.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
rehydrogenated

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:55:21 PM

There are so many ICOs that require KYC these days. It really is a shame that all this government regulation is being forced down the decentralized community's throats.

I think history will look back on this time and wonder about how we were so close to a utopian future but how long it really took in reality to get anywhere close to what humanity is ultimately capable of. I still think crypto will play a huge part in the future, but for now we will see dwindling projects completely overshadowed by major projects that suck up all the funding like a giant squid.
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:04:50 AM

with the existence of the kyc program altcoin that we have will be more secure and more secure to invest our money in the ico.
With the existence of KYC, no other than government and the company launching ICO shall have more security. For customers to have security while investing in an ICO, the government must make a rule for all the launching companies to register under them will all info and getting a trade mark before launching the ICO in the market.

This shall ensure that if the ICO scams and runs away someday, its affected customers and government will be able to take legal action against them and arrest them for the same.
Balab01

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

B пoиcкe

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:11:07 AM

I do not want to participate in such ICO because my trust of ICO and many of the project has changed a lot, after I trapped into a scam.

*** Paбiв дo paю нe пycкaють! ***
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 10:16:59 AM

Definitely not, I'm pretty fond of having privacy and I must admit that I have not really been into the whole ICO craze.
Keep in mind that your data could get into the wrong hands by uploading your personal documents. You can't know for sure that they will handle it with proper care.

You wouldn't be the first one who gets his identity stolen that way.

dimon01

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:17:59 AM

On the one hand, it is good that during the time of ICO the companies ask for information about the investor and this basically means that they carefully select people, and it does not seem like a scam.
coolon

Activity: 448
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:19:47 AM

not when I did not send documents and do not advise you!

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
Usui-Chan

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:29:47 AM

KYC lets the companies to run ICOs in their respective countries without getting in trouble with SEC, I do not claim perfect knowledge but I think this is if not the only one, a reason for ICOs to be conducted legally without any conflict regarding scams and stuff.
Coolwar

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:37:27 AM

The requirement to pass the KYC (know-your-customer) test from the ICO companies is really a big problem both for investors in ICO campaigns and start-ups.

Some people (contributors) don't like to leave personal information to start-ups. What about you?
Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required? Please vote.

This poll will help ICOs to decide what should they do with this issue: apply KYC/AML and get lower rate of contributors or don't apply and get more contributors.

P.S. those who vote "No" should know that application of KYC/AML will help the project to avoid legal issues in the future and as a result increase token price (or at least not decrease it).
In my experience, CBS is required for passage in those campaigns that do not apply to certain countries! On the other hand, the crypto industry was built on the anonymity of the data ... Contradictions arise everywhere! There is information that the campaigns then sell the database to shadow forums. Therefore, I personally do not participate in such campaigns!
Jekbolt (OP)

Merit: 20

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:40:52 AM

Another interesting question is how often those who reply "no" are actually participating in ICOs.

If they don't trust ICOs that ask KYC/AML info then probably they also don't trust to start-ups that don't require their personal data.
Aivengo111

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:20:31 PM

I try very carefully to select ICO in which I participate and usually  I screen out those projects where they require personal information about the investor
xKARELx

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:58:49 PM

Do not be afraid of this procedure, because if you are worried about your safety, I want to upset you, we can be found in any case)
maman09

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:04:03 PM

to be honest, I feel uncomfortable with verification like KYC. so far, i have done several times for reward bounty business.
but it is an obligation to complete the KYC verification if the ico rule tells it.
CroDam

Activity: 209

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:05:22 PM

Now almost each ICO requires KYC, so no KYC no ICO for us Sad
johanesrobin

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:05:24 PM

Now almost each ICO requires KYC, so no KYC no ICO for us Sad
ICO should still maintain the principle of freedom, I think KYC only fosters new fraud. everyone will still be easy to manipulate data.
KYC is not a good solution for crypto.
explosion

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:12:25 PM

I also feel uncomfortable with sharing my ID data but we have no choice due to legal limitations in several countries. I voted but this will change nothing because this question doesn't depend on the community decision.
Jekbolt (OP)

Merit: 20

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:48:56 PM

I also feel uncomfortable with sharing my ID data but we have no choice due to legal limitations in several countries. I voted but this will change nothing because this question doesn't depend on the community decision.

Do you know what countries (of ICOs origin) don't require KYC?

dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 02:54:17 PM

NO WAY!

Any ico that requires KYC is actually a humongous red flag!
This shows that they do not have a solid legal team and are just following this horrific trend.

The only time an ICO should require a KYC is if their company is actually located and registered in Singapore or America.
These are countries that have specific laws that define tokens as securities that would require a KYC process.
(There might be other countries I'm not aware of).

Smart businesses will either:
Just not allow Chinese, Singaporean, or US citizens to participate and have you sign or check a disclaimer.
Or,
Just make sure their coin or token can be classified as a utility instead of a security.

Also, something important to note, NEVER give out your personal documents over the internet!
It is not paranoid to say that you can be a victim of identity theft.
It is real and you are just making yourself vulnerable by doing so.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 5089

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:03:11 PM

NO WAY!

Any ico that requires KYC is actually a humongous red flag!
This shows that they do not have a solid legal team and are just following this horrific trend.

The only time an ICO should require a KYC is if their company is actually located and registered in Singapore or America.
These are countries that have specific laws that define tokens as securities that would require a KYC process.
(There might be other countries I'm not aware of).

Smart businesses will either:
Just not allow Chinese, Singaporean, or US citizens to participate and have you sign or check a disclaimer.
Or,
Just make sure their coin or token can be classified as a utility instead of a security.

Also, something important to note, NEVER give out your personal documents over the internet!

It is not paranoid to say that you can be a victim of identity theft.
It is real and you are just making yourself vulnerable by doing so.

This is not true, many country's have regulated ICO's to collect KYC.

This is not to say I agree with it, but it is the law in many countries now.

I completely agree with the bolded.

Just don't join ICO's that require KYC if enough people don't then they will launch under the umbrella of countries that do not require KYC. And if they are unable to figure out how to do that then you shouldn't give them your money anyway. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
alenahype

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:10:59 PM

this security system is personally understandable to me, so that we know what we are investing money in, or what we are involved in, gives more hope that this company is safe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: