Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 06:19:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required?
No - 95 (61.7%)
Yes, I would participate - 59 (38.3%)
Total Voters: 154

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VOTE! Do you participate in ICO that requires KYC (your personal data)?  (Read 1102 times)
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:34:17 AM

KYC requirements varies from certain countries,even if we comply with the certain requirements it doesn't give us absolute privacy on our personal data. There are lots of fraudulent ICOs nowaday that collecting personal data for identity theft and sell them to other for other monetary reason. There are still los of god ICOs there that need no KYC, so better to choose one them. So for me, i don't participate with ICO that needs KYC.
doyayipaku

Activity: 340
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:58:59 AM

I think providing personal data is dangerous for you if this amount of data is lost you may be in trouble. I recommend that you consider carefully before providing personal data to someone else.
Geoll29

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:04:19 AM

I think it is alright if the ICO company is asking for our personal data. This is to ensure that our data is secured and valid. This is also for future reference. But we should still keep our data safe by installing internet security in our computers and devices.

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 02:11:14 AM

i see no problem to submit personal data this time.
i have many times subject myself into KYC before i don't think i'd have to hide anymore after all anyone can pay me a visit in my house but i would choose which project or exchange to do it with. also i'm making sure the profile i have can't be connected to outside profile like facebook and linkedin. if anyone wants to find me, i guess they still have to search for me.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                                 
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████
   ██████████████████    █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌      ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████
|
  Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
         Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!   
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
Daria_daria1992

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:24:46 AM

I try not to participate in projects with KYC.  And the answer is one - the anonymity of crypto-currency is violated, and this was one of the advantages of crypto-currency.  Secondly, I do not know how projects can use the information.  They can use all the information for their own purposes.

[/center]
xpazer

Activity: 136
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:16:23 AM

Someone shy can lost important information of them. I think all opportunity invest are included with risk, so if you scared, you don't should join market, because after invest ICO, have so much work to do  Grin
Wildwest

Activity: 1783
Merit: 318

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:29:10 AM

I am still hesitant to participate in ICOs that require KYC. I do not want to if the data from KYC was leaked. Even if they can guarantee our data is safe I will not participate. We do not know what will happen if it leaks.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:33:49 AM

I think the days of 'secret squirrel' ICOs is beginning to leave us behind, at least for many of the industry-related ICOs or exchange/lending/finance ICOs that hope to do business in the US or simply be listed on US-based exchanges in the future.  I can say I would readily hand over my details to just any ICO, but if the they used a reputable 3rd party KYC/AML provider, then sure, I'd participate.
laserfocused

Activity: 171

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 03:40:30 AM

The requirement to pass the KYC (know-your-customer) test from the ICO companies is really a big problem both for investors in ICO campaigns and start-ups.

Some people (contributors) don't like to leave personal information to start-ups. What about you?
Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required? Please vote.

This poll will help ICOs to decide what should they do with this issue: apply KYC/AML and get lower rate of contributors or don't apply and get more contributors.

P.S. those who vote "No" should know that application of KYC/AML will help the project to avoid legal issues in the future and as a result increase token price (or at least not decrease it).

Yes I have in the past and will in the future (for quality, and trustworthy ICOs).

Question, how does the poling work? Are you manually tallying it up because I did not see a place to cast an actual vote.
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:41:06 AM

this security system is personally understandable to me, so that we know what we are investing money in, or what we are involved in, gives more hope that this company is safe.
The real purpose of KYC is to provide the security to the developer itself. the majority of icos are getting threatened by the government that's why they are all doing KYC verification to provide the more security to the project and not allow those from countries are banned ico to join in the ico.
ruzadovec

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:49:52 AM

My rate is 50:50 if I feel a bad project I will not provide personal data for them. It's dangerous if my personal data is exposed outside of me, and I'm going to have a lot of trouble.
nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:50:54 AM

It depends on the project I am not so fixated on needing KYC or not and even if project is good but required KYC then i will participate, because some ICOs are banned in the country then KYC is required, also I have to make sure that the identity I provide is safe in the hands of the developer.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
waligu

Activity: 259

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:14:51 AM

Yes, because investing in ICO, I hope to make a profit, so I do not care about anonymity in this case

Regar

Activity: 123

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:28:06 AM

I think, KYC can alternate from another project like ID verification from 3rd party, so we do not share those private information to any random startup project. but to answer the question i might say yes i still want to fulfill my KYC if this is a good projects that i like.
GOYA58

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 02:41:35 PM

I participate in ICOs that require KYC, I would even go so far that I wouldn't trust an ICO which doesn't require a KYC :O but yes I am aware of giving away my private information Sad
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:48:30 PM

Fore sir, it depends on the power of the project. If that project has a big possibility to gain high amount when launches in some exchanges, im very sure that all investors are no doubt in giving their kyc. They are requiring kyc because they want to know where are investors from. Its okay at all mate.
explosion

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:20:21 PM

I would never participate in the ICO I don't trust in, that is why I usually participae in the ICOs that require KYC. Usually I don't use my national passport whuch I think can somehow protect me from the frauds.
frendzona

Activity: 324
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:24:24 PM

I do not support this idea. But without it you do not have the right to take part in the project. Therefore, you have to undergo a procedure like everyone else.
Abarov

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:33:40 PM

For me, this practice of obtaining documents is very unpleasant. What then can be done by owning such information. Spam is a trifle, you can remove it.
Melfoy72

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

Taklimakan Network : Business Platform for Crypto

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:08:52 PM

For me, this practice of obtaining documents is very unpleasant. What then can be done by owning such information. Spam is a trifle, you can remove it.

For example, one project recently shared KYC participant's Phone numbers right in the spreadsheet. It was open for all next to their BTT and social profiles.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: