Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:28:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A web-wallet operator willing to betray his users  (Read 1254 times)
genjix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:25:51 AM

Imagine if an NSA agent purchases this and injects their own javascript. What does he want that 2.5 BTC for anyway?

Purchased 2.5 BTC via Coinbase two (2) days ago.

I'm impatient and willing to pay 0.2 BTC to get the BTC instantly via a lend and will payback 2.5 BTC when it arrives on the 17th.

I will provide proof that I purchased via Coinbase on Skype screenshare or Teamviewer and will provide almost any collateral requested.

I run a new bitcoin web-wallet and can provide access to the server as collateral until the lend is paid off.

Thanks.

the most secure btc web-wallet

A nice claim like this deserves full disclosure: who are you (and to that end, get in the WoT if you've not already), what've you done, how exactly does your doohickey work, what choices have you made and why (including js), and so on and so forth.

All information pertaining to the site's high-level of security are explained on the site.

In short: we provide the private keys giving actual access to the coins as opposed to sites like blockchain, inputs.io, coinbase, etc.  You can access your coin via electrum or via cold storage.

Our customer's bitcoins aren't stored on our servers, they are all hosted locally and accessed via private keys.

The source-code of our entire website is public; due to the nature of the language used to create it (JavaScript / jQuery).

We are not hiding anything and that can be seen publicly.

We provide no method of recovering a private key, similar to that of a desktop wallet.  If you lose it - it's gone.  We can't access them or help the customer recover them...

For more information feel free to respond or PM me personally.

http://coinvault.pw

• Deterministic Wallet
  • Bitcoin stored locally
  • 128bit passphrases
  • Source Code available to public soon
  • Easy to use
  • No fees (by us, there is the 0.0005 miner fee)

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:30:04 AM

Damn, thanks for letting us know.  
Even if they don't store bitcoins on server, one could easily turn his site into a java drive by or steal his code and make several clones to do scam.
posormo

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:57:25 AM

jeez, what a moron.  If you use that service, get your coins out of there and don't look back.

danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:01:05 PM

I was just reading that thread.  HILARIOUS.

btcfaucet

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Faucet

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:01:57 PM

Quote from: simple-dice
Our customer's bitcoins aren't stored on our servers, they are all hosted locally and accessed via private keys.

From the website: "We don't store your Bitcoins locally or on our servers"

We provide the private keys giving actual access to the coins as opposed to sites like blockchain, inputs.io, coinbase, etc

Epic fail. Blockchain.info does provide the private key.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 02:12:36 AM

From the website: "We don't store your Bitcoins locally or on our servers"

We provide the private keys giving actual access to the coins as opposed to sites like blockchain, inputs.io, coinbase, etc

Epic fail. Blockchain.info does provide the private key.

Finally, an online wallet that provides me the private key, for it was such a pain in the ass for me to think of new ones like with those other wallet providers. Let's hope they use Double Entendre Identification (DEF) to further protect their customers, or do they refer to them as users since it's close to being a free service?
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:17:03 AM

Now this looks very legit site but what the owner just did is as good as defacing his site and smashing a sledgehammer on his own head. He sounds to desperate too have the money even risking his integrity.  Undecided
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 03:00:54 AM

Now this looks very legit site but what the owner just did is as good as defacing his site and smashing a sledgehammer on his own head. He sounds to desperate too have the money even risking his integrity.  Undecided

Integrity shot!

At least they're consistent:

There are several ways thiefs will try and get your passphrase.

Interesting: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=204964.0

I'm looking for investors.  I'm launching my gambling site http://simple-dice.com very soon.  There is an invest option in-site, however, when I launch I want to have one or two investors to back the site for the day it launches.

Until I attain more trust in the community, all investments will be held by a trusted escrow.  I'm currently in the process of searching for an escrow to hold site investments.

2% Commission is taken on all profits.  For example, if you invest 1 BTC and it grows to 1.1, you can cashout 1.098.  Commission is only taken when you divest.

The house edge is 1%.

Some unique / different features:

• Instant 0 Confirmation Deposits
  • Profit Counter
  • Raffle Counter (1 Raffle ticket added to your account per bet 0.05 or above, prize is 1BTC per week.  Being implemented soon)

If you're interested in investing - shoot me a PM with your budget and or any questions.

If you're interested in escrowing investments - shoot me a PM and if I deem you trustworthy enough within this community I'll discuss it with you.  You will receive a portion of the commission.

Thank you.

Can I get a whitelist please. I have announced a new offline/online wallet http://carbonwallet.com/ and would like to ask a question on the developer forum.

Thanks.

That's two accounts I don't believe anybody will ever trust again. Thank you for playing!
genjix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 05:14:10 AM

Everyone should keep a copy of this site's HTML pages to check against other websites in the future. He might reappear under different usernames with rebranded projects.
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 05:42:04 AM

Thanks for the heads up!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: