Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:58:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UK miners  (Read 3857 times)
hotwired007 (OP)

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 10:38:28 AM

hi guys,

i've noticed a lack of dedicated UK mining information - and after speaking to a few people online ive started up a small forum - www.ukminers.co.uk - its not intended to replace bitcointalk - i like it too much but to make it easier for us UK miners to find information relavant to us.

it gets irritating on the sales forum when trying to buy stuff in the UK (especially when its a bargain and then realise its in the states or somewhere else and it suddenly becomes expensive due to shipping and import fees!)

I'm also looking for help managing the forum so if anyone (uk based) wants to help please PM me Smiley

i'm inexperienced when it comes to managing forums so please post any constructive criticisms!

This account was hacked & possibly sold during the period of August 1st and October 24th 2017.
Anything done or said in this period wasnt me.
Many thanks to Cyrus for his help restoring access to my account.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 11:45:16 AM

Awesome Smiley

Can I promote my pool that is nearing the end of testing and debugging phase...

http://fuzzypool.mine.bz/

p2pool that has merge mining on it, so u earn 6-9% extra BTC from Namecoins, devcoins, ixcoins, i0coins.  0% BTC fee (sorry ignore the fee stated on the site atm... correct one in the FAQ section)
over 160GH locally and lot more coming soon!!

I am located in the UK and mine on the pool with other UK miners.  Server is currently located in Amsterdam but looking at moving this to the UK should enough interest arise from UK miners on the pool.

Any questions please PM me

Nice work on the forum as well

FuzzyBear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
hotwired007 (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:19:42 AM

Awesome Smiley

Can I promote my pool that is nearing the end of testing and debugging phase...

http://fuzzypool.mine.bz/

p2pool that has merge mining on it, so u earn 6-9% extra BTC from Namecoins, devcoins, ixcoins, i0coins.  0% BTC fee (sorry ignore the fee stated on the site atm... correct one in the FAQ section)
over 160GH locally and lot more coming soon!!

I am located in the UK and mine on the pool with other UK miners.  Server is currently located in Amsterdam but looking at moving this to the UK should enough interest arise from UK miners on the pool.

Any questions please PM me

Nice work on the forum as well

FuzzyBear

Welcome to UK Miners - i've replied to your post with a couple of questions - it might be an idea to add it to the pools list Wink

This account was hacked & possibly sold during the period of August 1st and October 24th 2017.
hotwired007 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:26:09 PM

I'm still looking for UK miners to join the forum - need some helping keeping it updated though - recent events for me have changed my priorities and BTC/mining has taken off again Smiley

miners78

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:41:39 PM

This is good. A lot of sites I try to use don't cater to UK users. Definitely a step in the right direction Smiley.
vegetao65

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:07:33 PM

I am a UK miner and will sign up for your forum. Happy to help as well.

There are a few of my buddies that are mining for LTC and Zeta as well. Will let them know about the forum
bitcoin_UK

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:37:56 PM

Hi mate, great idea with the forum. If you need any help in any way just let me know. Love to see UK bitcoiners sticking together.I've been mining for almost 3 years so looking forward to seeing the forum grow as more users hear about it and get involved.

Good work!

Bitcoin will take over GBP one day! Wink I know what I'd rather be paid in!
hotwired007 (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:12:30 AM

i asked my boss to pay me one months salary in BTC early in the year... if he had i'd be retired now... Tongue

I need some help basically keeping it active and getting more users - some of the info is a bit old and needs sorting Smiley i started mining in 2011 - shame i didnt keep all the coins i mined instead of using them Sad

bitcoinminer11794591

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:08:38 PM

i actually looked into something similar and you actually did it - respect! I'm happy to help in any way i can... i'll head over now and sign up.

In the mean time are there any specific things you need help with?

hotwired007 (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:56:27 PM

News and getting some interesting conversation going Wink

I have a couple of projects on the go, i'm going to upload a few pictures of my rigs on t/here tonight too - i have just found/realised that i had 2 5 card motherboards just doing nothing and a few GPUs doing nothing so i now have the capacity for 14 GPUs without actually buying any more hardware (apart from GPUs) - am planning on getting a few 7950s or 7850s depending on what i can find cheap enough Tongue

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:05:17 PM

I have a couple of projects on the go, i'm going to upload a few pictures of my rigs on t/here tonight too - i have just found/realised that i had 2 5 card motherboards just doing nothing and a few GPUs doing nothing so i now have the capacity for 14 GPUs without actually buying any more hardware (apart from GPUs) - am planning on getting a few 7950s or 7850s depending on what i can find cheap enough Tongue

Tbh the best you can do if you have unused spare cards from the 6x gen upwards is selling them in ebay. SHA-coins are dominated by ASICs, Litecoin is not profitable currently and soon there'll be FPGAs/ASICs for scrypt coins.

Unless you have use for them in key cracking, scientific computing, etc.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
hotwired007 (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:22:51 PM

Tbh the best you can do if you have unused spare cards from the 6x gen upwards is selling them in ebay. SHA-coins are dominated by ASICs, Litecoin is not profitable currently and soon there'll be FPGAs/ASICs for scrypt coins.

Unless you have use for them in key cracking, scientific computing, etc.

Atm i'm running my mining rigs at a good profit on a few multi-scrypt groups - its working quite well lol

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:59:01 AM

We are close to the ASIC era though. Thankfully these cards will still hold some resale value for 1-2 years more.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Olly_K

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:26:21 PM

i registered Smiley
bilabonic

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:06:03 PM

Excellent idea from Sunny Wales !!!

Will join up now...

Can anyone recommend a decent priced Motherboard to support x5 GPU's ??

I want to put x2 direct on x16-x16 risers and x3 on x1-x16 cut powered risers with two PSU's.

Thanks

BTC - 1Ayax24aAU8c1xwAakK94DVDkm4kbfZ8Ch
_Crash_

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:02:54 PM

I registered, also PM'd about moderation etc.

Excellent idea from Sunny Wales !!!

Will join up now...

Can anyone recommend a decent priced Motherboard to support x5 GPU's ??

I want to put x2 direct on x16-x16 risers and x3 on x1-x16 cut powered risers with two PSU's.

Thanks

I've only ever seen a mother board which can hold 4 Graphics Cards. Try looking at Scan or Ebuyer.

MiningSpace.net - MULTI-COIN / MULTI-POOL :: Miners Paid TX Fees! :: Europe :: Most Profitable Pool! :: Gigabit Connectivity :: 0% Fee!
overunity

Activity: 198

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:16:05 PM

I have a few usb asics mining in uk ,nice to see something UK based since everything seems dominated by usa.

I wanted to start a business that accepts bitcoin but all the payment processors are eur or usd not one gbp based tool .

None of my customers would want the hassle of doing sepa or international currency to get some work done  to their properties .

timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:58:21 AM

Signed up.
A section for links to places that take BTC might be a good idea...then people can add them when they find them? Links in general really..UK biased ones. Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
lunswor

Activity: 159

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 04:29:14 PM

Joining now Smiley

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
hotwired007 (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:27:02 AM

Still looking for more UK miners to join the forum - i've had a few hiccups with RL but now looking to push this even harder and get running properly Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: