Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:00:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your worse experience as a bitcointalker?  (Read 183 times)
Ahyke93 (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:09:16 PM

Remember your first day in elementary school or even high school?  How you had a sea of endless possibilities before you? The possibility of being bullied, harshly criticized and laughed at, having to face the most tiring, boring, and difficult courses, or in extreme cases, being spanked by your mean school teacher, like the part of the world where I come from.
Well as a newbie I have had a well evolved version of some of these feelings and I am quite sure we all did or still do.
For me the feeling of being destructively criticized or mocked by some “older member”. The grown up word for bully perhaps, lol.
Or the fear of breaking a rule that could possibly earn me a red flag or have me being kicked out.
Or the possibility of being scammed.
All of these feelings just reminds me of way-back days in school. so what was it for you as a new or old member? and what would be your words of encouragement to a newbie? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
youbees1st

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:06:04 PM

A newbie diforum does not mean a newbie in the real world.
Do not look at a rank and can assume more senior. Only first before we enter the forum.
Then, How about the thinking and insight of all the forum members? You can only know them from the history of their posts. Some highly ranked members have contributed greatly, and others just spend on gambling boards in the past.

I am sure you have gone through various problems and experiences in your life, and at least of them are related to what is discussed in this forum. You just need some time to understand every rule that exists, and start discussing. no need to be ashamed to exchange ideas and opinions.
Vinz1992

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:58:18 PM

The patience you need as a newbie account member, the 360 seconds wait to post. I think bitcointalk teaches you a lot of patience other than give you knowledge about the crypto world.
cheefbuza

Activity: 302
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:36:46 PM

The patience you need as a newbie account member, the 360 seconds wait to post. I think bitcointalk teaches you a lot of patience other than give you knowledge about the crypto world.

Couldn't agree more.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 11:58:16 PM

I know that feeling bro. When I was Newbie on Bitcointalk (but not new in Bitcoin world and had not that bad knowledge) I was afraid to post because I worried that old users will eat my for a breakfast if I will say something wrong. Now it looks strange, but I though that I will say something incorrect that I can get ban. So, then I mainly posted in off-topic board. But when I got some good replies from senior and hero members I realized that Bitcointalk is beginner friendly community. Now I think that attitude towards newbies changed a bit because many of us understand that these people came here to make easy money.
Yeah, when I was newbie I didn't liked that 360 seconds limit between posts. But actually, to make good post we need to spend more than 6 minutes Smiley

Lovecove

Activity: 161
Merit: 38

(Thank you for all the merit =) ) ~Lovecove!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:20:43 AM
Merited by LTU_btc (1)

Remember your first day in elementary school or even high school?  How you had a sea of endless possibilities before you? The possibility of being bullied, harshly criticized and laughed at, having to face the most tiring, boring, and difficult courses, or in extreme cases, being spanked by your mean school teacher, like the part of the world where I come from.
Well as a newbie I have had a well evolved version of some of these feelings and I am quite sure we all did or still do.
For me the feeling of being destructively criticized or mocked by some “older member”. The grown up word for bully perhaps, lol.
Or the fear of breaking a rule that could possibly earn me a red flag or have me being kicked out.
All of these feelings just reminds me of way-back days in school. so what was it for you as a new or old member? and what would be your words of encouragement to a newbie? 

There are a lot of things you must learn about bitcointalk.org before you continue posting.

First off, your intro post was good. It didn't break any of the rules imho. It was a comprehensive post, with a good story, and not a rudimentary blah post that's too common. So that's got that going for it.

I believe you shouldn't take every higher ranked members' word for it. I've been here for like a month now... and I've seen higher ranked members get banned.

People on here buy and sell accounts. So even if someone is Sr member, they could just have the account for the first time.

The only members you should really put a lot of weight on are the ones with positive trust, without any negative trust, and with a lot of merit points. Those are the ones you know won't steer you the wrong way.

Also, you can tell the difference between normal members and Staff because it says "Staff" underneath their names.

I advise you to not look at bitcointalk as just a forum. It's a very strict forum for newbies.

You could possibly get banned if you go into a thread where someone says "I just made 50% profit on btc today" And replied with a simple: "good work man." <-- that is considered spam, unfortunately. On regular forums, typing that message is perfectly acceptable.

I don't see bitcointalk as a forum anymore, but rather a literary board. The standards are higher because there's so much hype around crypto and everyone wants a bitcointalk account.

That said, if you're proficient in English and can articulate your words well, you'll go places on this forum.

Every post you make, think first. It has to be solid and not extraneous.

Visit now if you're interested in buying these domains: EtherMining.org, CryptoMovement.org, Bitcoiner.Co
LegendzX

Activity: 62

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:15:20 AM

BTT will never do that, it is not about the patience and it will never be their concern but just to avoid spam messages. And 360 seconds can't be consider as worse experience as well, it is formulated because  of the worse experienced of this forum from the spammers.
Darerando

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:59:03 AM

I asked how can I get newbie.I still cringe whenever I recall
LTU_btc
Legendary

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 12:36:54 AM

There are a lot of things you must learn about bitcointalk.org before you continue posting.

First off, your intro post was good. It didn't break any of the rules imho. It was a comprehensive post, with a good story, and not a rudimentary blah post that's too common. So that's got that going for it.

I believe you shouldn't take every higher ranked members' word for it. I've been here for like a month now... and I've seen higher ranked members get banned.

People on here buy and sell accounts. So even if someone is Sr member, they could just have the account for the first time.

The only members you should really put a lot of weight on are the ones with positive trust, without any negative trust, and with a lot of merit points. Those are the ones you know won't steer you the wrong way.

Also, you can tell the difference between normal members and Staff because it says "Staff" underneath their names.

I advise you to not look at bitcointalk as just a forum. It's a very strict forum for newbies.

You could possibly get banned if you go into a thread where someone says "I just made 50% profit on btc today" And replied with a simple: "good work man." <-- that is considered spam, unfortunately. On regular forums, typing that message is perfectly acceptable.

I don't see bitcointalk as a forum anymore, but rather a literary board. The standards are higher because there's so much hype around crypto and everyone wants a bitcointalk account.

That said, if you're proficient in English and can articulate your words well, you'll go places on this forum.

You're right about most of things. But I can add few things to what you already said.
About trust. There are different users - these with positive trust and these who are on DT (Default Trust). Still, you also can't blindly trust in these users. It's common thing that accounts with positive trust are for sale. While I heard that several DT users also involved in shady things and was removed from DT. And usually, many DT users have quite many negative feedbacks left by their enemies, trolls, scammers and etc.
I think nothing will happen if you will say "good work man" several times. But if you will do it continously, be ready for ban. So, it's better to prevent from posting if you have nothing valuable to say.
I can't that standards are higher here, but it should be if we want productive discussions. Now quality of discussions are so bad, usually there are no discussion, only users are posting after they read thread title and ignore all previous posts in that thread. Actually, we hardly can compare bitcointalk with any other forum online because there we have unique thing - signature campaigns.

Lovecove

Activity: 161
Merit: 38

(Thank you for all the merit =) ) ~Lovecove!

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:22:31 AM

You're right about most of things. But I can add few things to what you already said.
About trust. There are different users - these with positive trust and these who are on DT (Default Trust). Still, you also can't blindly trust in these users. It's common thing that accounts with positive trust are for sale. While I heard that several DT users also involved in shady things and was removed from DT. And usually, many DT users have quite many negative feedbacks left by their enemies, trolls, scammers and etc.
I think nothing will happen if you will say "good work man" several times. But if you will do it continously, be ready for ban. So, it's better to prevent from posting if you have nothing valuable to say.
I can't that standards are higher here, but it should be if we want productive discussions. Now quality of discussions are so bad, usually there are no discussion, only users are posting after they read thread title and ignore all previous posts in that thread. Actually, we hardly can compare bitcointalk with any other forum online because there we have unique thing - signature campaigns.

Thanks for the merits man =)

Yeah, I think I'm actually a DT member now. I have NO idea how that happened. I only turned Jr. Vip, and suddenly the feedback I left for others are now in Trusted Feedback LOL. I thought to become DT, you needed to do multiple trades with people and they would have to leave you positive feedback? But I guess the merit system or something changed all that.

Maybe after getting 10 merits, you get on DT. I don't know.

But anyway, I think it's different though, for newbies. If you say "good work man" for more than 3 posts or something like that, they will ban you or at least delete your posts. I guess when you become a higher ranked member, you can say "good work man" and they'll ignore it Tongue I dunno.

Other forums have signature campaigns too, yes... But I think Bitcointalk is the only forum that pays you half a thousand dollars for a signature campaign LOL (if you're legendary). Just so much money being thrown around crypto, so even signatures are expensive.

This forum is different just because of all the hype crypto is garnishing. Everyone wants to join Bitcointalk to monetize their ICO or whatever. So the rules have to be more strict!

Visit now if you're interested in buying these domains: EtherMining.org, CryptoMovement.org, Bitcoiner.Co
LTU_btc
Legendary

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 03:03:34 PM

Thanks for the merits man =)

Yeah, I think I'm actually a DT member now. I have NO idea how that happened. I only turned Jr. Vip, and suddenly the feedback I left for others are now in Trusted Feedback LOL. I thought to become DT, you needed to do multiple trades with people and they would have to leave you positive feedback? But I guess the merit system or something changed all that.

No, you aren't not on Default Trust. Feedbacks left by you shown as trusted only to you. For me, feedbacks that you left shown as unstrusted on profile of that people. Trust and Merit system aren't related in any way, it's two different things. To become DT member you need that someone from DT1 would add you on their trust list.

Ahyke93 (OP)

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:12:26 PM

thanks for the lesson
ahtsham90

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 09:21:43 PM

I think the worst part was the time frame from one comment to another comment when you are a newbie  Sad And the best part is the happiness when after 14 days u jumped to Jr member Smiley

pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:38:57 PM

The worst would be ,i joined in bounty campaign for almost 3 months  and it went to scam when the distribution started. Its like you worked for months for free, you waited so long for  nothing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: