Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:18:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal Negative £1400 .Sold Bitoins..  (Read 1077 times)
MinerLT (OP)

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 11:37:39 AM

I sold 13BTC to my honest "firend" from usa, i know him about 1 year, and guess what, he is scamer!
got £1400 then withdraw everything to my bank account, few days later i get negative of £1400! Money has been returned to sender. thats it.

What's gonna be now ? i live in UK and what if i don't pay ?

Success doesn't come to you…you go to it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miernik

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 11:44:34 AM

I sold 13BTC to my honest "firend" from usa, i know him about 1 year, and guess what, he is scamer!
got £1400 then withdraw everything to my bank account, few days later i get negative of £1400! Money has been returned to sender. thats it.

That is not necessarily the case (that he is a scammer). Paypal is known to sometimes reverse transactions out of their own initiative, without any intervention of the sender, just because Paypal doesn't like something about the transaction. I know it for sure, as Paypal once to my surprise reversed my payment to someone, without my will. Without any real reason, maybe just because I used TOR to connect to Paypal for that transaction, as I use TOR often even without specific need if it works reasonably fast.

gonzos

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 07:22:06 PM

You should have done your homework before. Never do btc <--> Paypal.
Guess they will come knocking really soon if you don't pay up. I know it's a big sum but it's widely acknowledged that paypal is not the way to go.
Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:16:43 AM

That is not necessarily the case (that he is a scammer). Paypal is known to sometimes reverse transactions out of their own initiative, without any intervention of the sender, just because Paypal doesn't like something about the transaction. I know it for sure, as Paypal once to my surprise reversed my payment to someone, without my will. Without any real reason, maybe just because I used TOR to connect to Paypal for that transaction, as I use TOR often even without specific need if it works reasonably fast.

That is not always the case either, I actually bought about $400 or so worth of coins from goat Wink who posted in here saying not to use paypal hehe. Paypal actually called me about 3 days later asking if this payment was legitimate. Of course I said it was they proceeded to ask me several questions on why I sent it as a service of course I didnt tell them it was because I was buying bitcoins. I told them essentially the user provided me a service that was rendered and I am satisfied. I kept it short with them and didnt give them my entire life story on what I do with my paypal account. The less info you give them the better, but on the other hand paypal does reverse transactions without informing the buyer to. Its happened to me a handful of times and trust me i've almost gone into cardiac arrest because of it. Tongue

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 02:44:15 PM

How long do you know your friend and what do you mean by "honest friend"?

posormo

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 05:56:52 AM

How long do you know your friend and what do you mean by "honest friend"?

Or more to the point.  What if C-A-T really spelled dog?

vitalemontea

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:14:03 PM

Forget Paypal as medium of exchange/business/whatever, it is only good for buying stuff from eBay. Internet has to understand this once and for all
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 03:45:16 PM

You need to find out whether it was your 'friend' who reversed the payment or not. If you have been scammed I doubt you will ever see that money again.

Soon you'll start getting red letters from Paypal then you'll get a visit from one of their third party debt collectors. Just remember NOT to let them into your house, they can only enter your property if you have unpaid criminal fines, Income Tax or Stamp Duty. Having said that, they could still take your car/items outside the property, so might be an idea to park somewhere else (and take any valuables out). In long run, probably best to pay as soon as you can as the debt collectors add more fees to their bill each time they go away empty handed.

Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:50:50 PM

They will just sell the debt to a debt collections agency and try bully you with letters and phone calls and visits.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: