Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 10:35:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia going to the dogs or am I imagining things ?  (Read 200 times)
BigBadBitBaron (OP)

Activity: 463
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:34:31 PM

Cryptopia problems seem to be getting worse by the day..

this used to be one of the most reliable exchanges what has happened ??

Transactions/deposits/withdrawals etc routinely get stuck "processing" for days at a time.
(some people are reporting weeks).

Support has become virtually non-existent & support tickets take weeks to get answered.

If I was a NZ resident it would be a different story as I could sue their asses, but unfortunately
I don't so I have to sit and wait until they feel like acting.

Luxrid

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:39:01 PM

I didn't have problems with Cryptopia, but the reality is that many people have issues with this exchange.
Does anyone know what is happening there? Why is there such a mess?
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:02:23 PM

I didn't have problems with Cryptopia, but the reality is that many people have issues with this exchange.
Does anyone know what is happening there? Why is there such a mess?

because they went from 20,000 users to over 1 million in the space of a few months. at least that's what they're saying started these problems.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News check the post from january 6th.

it's now been a few months. volumes are way, way down compared to the peak so in theory they should be getting on top of things now. judging by the volume of complaints these days they're clearly not managing to deal with this stuff successfully.

beyond the failure to nail any support requests they're also doing things like holding back byteball that belongs to their customers.

even if they're not dishonest, their incompetence is bordering on criminal anyway.

if they had half a brain they'd delist all those shitcoins and get to work properly.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:27:06 PM

As far as I know they started to resolve the issues in withdrawals. Well, there are still problems that haven't been solved as of the moment, but some stuck withdrawals have been cancelled and once a withdraw request was made again, it will go through smoothly already. If you're not aware yet, you can see some story in their Ann Thread.
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 10:36:14 PM

Well they've always had those problems but eventually resolve them. sometimes they cant be faulted because of the new users on the platform which increases daily putting unnecessary pressure on the site because these new users mess up and the mess has to be cleaned.I think they just need to upgrade their services to match up to the userbase

Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:51:44 PM

Transactions/deposits/withdrawals etc routinely get stuck "processing" for days at a time.

Support has become virtually non-existent & support tickets take weeks to get answered.

If I was a NZ resident it would be a different story as I could sue their asses, but unfortunately
I was planning on trading in to Cryptopia, I'm glad I read what you wrote. Especially great is too much of the stock market these days, think there should be a stock market more competitive.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:58:57 PM

It's called insolvency. I have said it before already, but what's happening is that they fill gaps with debt, and that's never a good way to move forward. In easy to understand language; at the moment you deposit Litecoin for example, Cryptopia will use your coins to fund the withdrawal requests of people who've been waiting for days or weeks. It's almost like a scheme structure where early birds get paid out with the money flowing in from new investors. One way or another, something is horribly wrong, that's for sure, but what I don't understand is how people despite all the warnings and complaints, still deposit funds in an obvious shithole. In some cases you have to understand when to ditch an exchange, regardless of how many shitcoins they host that other exchanges rightfully aren't willing to list.
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:19:45 AM

It's called insolvency. I have said it before already, but what's happening is that they fill gaps with debt, and that's never a good way to move forward. In easy to understand language; at the moment you deposit Litecoin for example, Cryptopia will use your coins to fund the withdrawal requests of people who've been waiting for days or weeks. It's almost like a scheme structure where early birds get paid out with the money flowing in from new investors. One way or another, something is horribly wrong, that's for sure, but what I don't understand is how people despite all the warnings and complaints, still deposit funds in an obvious shithole. In some cases you have to understand when to ditch an exchange, regardless of how many shitcoins they host that other exchanges rightfully aren't willing to list.
Is there a way we could actually know this? And how is that even possible when every time you send coins you have the coins, I just don't get it. I haven't had a problem just yet but it does worry me as Cryptopia was amongst my favorite exchanges.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
MyLitecoin

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

I'm part of a movement to make the forums better.

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:26:36 AM

Yeah, if the banks haven't let cryptopia do its thing, and if cryptopia can't get any fiat backing... insolvency is the only course of action.

I'm glad I only have a few coins there. It's a loss that I can just walk away from.

I'm part of a movement to make the forums better.
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:53:20 AM

If you feel not suitable with the exchange then just stop using their service.
The first experience can be the last for you to trade in that exchange. There are some other good and top exchange like binance, kucoin an dpoloniex. Just choose one of them.
myworkstrade

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:52:46 AM

I have no problem with cryptopia, its smooth transaction with them. Small withdrew fees on bitcoin and other altcoins, maybe you had some restrictions on your internet or your place there. Its important to verify it first some person use vpn for there security matters. Also lots of users now so support might down and take time to answer you, be patience. Good luck

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]    [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]    [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER             TWITTER             TELEGRAM             ANN THREAD

BigBadBitBaron (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:42:43 PM

If you feel not suitable with the exchange then just stop using their service.
The first experience can be the last for you to trade in that exchange. There are some other good and top exchange like binance, kucoin an dpoloniex. Just choose one of them.

Good advice sir...

One problem in following it though..
I can't stop using their service until they release my LTC that is being held in "processing".

If or when I am lucky enough to recover my funds, I will not need anyone to advise me
whether or not to use this exchange, it's a foregone conclusion that this will be my last dealings with them..

The question in my OP wasn't asking if I should use Craptopia or not. I was seeking other peoples
experiences which may or may not confirm my suspicions that Craptopia are "robbing peter to pay paul".

Withholding funds and using outrageous waiting times (currently 28 days) to answer tickets,
may be an attempt to cover their tracks & hide the fact that they are insolvent, as rumours
are suggestiing..

yemiforu

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:46:44 PM

cryptopia really needs to work on their service, alots of complain about them even me too does not have a good experience trading on their platform
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:26:25 PM

My first interaction with cryptopia was because t was the first exchange Electroneum got listed on. Now cryptopia claims the ETN wallet is under maintenance and can not bee used. This has been going on for some days now with no resolution.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:14:25 PM

Is there a way we could actually know this?
It's impossible to know for sure, but it definitely looks like they are severely insolvent. I have seen how even non crypto services acted similarly, and it all ended bad, unfortunately.

And how is that even possible when every time you send coins you have the coins, I just don't get it.
It's not every time. People have complained a lot about their deposits were not posting for half a day, or even days straight.

I haven't had a problem just yet but it does worry me as Cryptopia was amongst my favorite exchanges.
It should worry you. While you still don't experience any problems, which is quite an achievement on its own, withdraw your funds as soon as possible. It's just not worth it to keep your funds in an exchange that might turn you into a victim as well, and with everything that's going on in mind, it doesn't even make sense to keep using that exchange.
BigBadBitBaron (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:01:39 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2018, 07:41:22 PM by BigBadBitBaron

Anyone who has money "processing"..

I've been able to find company contact details for court etc, from another forum.

Cant be 100% sure of the accuracy of the information as they been known to tell a few porkies

109 Montreal St
Sydenham
New Zealand

Phone +64 21 669851
          +64 39 628838

Contact name  Rob Dawson
rob.dawson@cryptopia.co.nz

Tried getting the gov't department from same forum, but Craptopia deleted it earlier (i wonder why)

aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:07:20 PM

Well, I hope they aren’t having problems. I use them for a few altcoins that I can’t get on Binance. I have never had a problem before but I have also never needed to contact support so I can’t say if their support is good or bad.

Luckily I don’t have much money invested in coins on that exchange and I eventually will take most of that off anyway if I can get my Ledger Nano S to work.
RoftheN

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:50:13 PM

Yeah, I also faced some issues but not too many. I rather prefer other exchanges. You should look for better alternatives.
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:02:35 PM

there are a lot of shitcoins in that exchange , you need to watch out when you want to trade on there , and fees in there are high.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:26:37 AM

You'd think they'd upgrade their servers considering these sorts of issues to solve any inefficiencies that way their reputation wouldn't be adversely affected

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: