Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:36:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US Marshals auction  (Read 80 times)
mrcrypto12 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:56:38 PM

As we know, yesterday U.S. Marshals has Sell bitcoin almost $25 Million by auction. is there any hidden agenda why they do that, because the problem is they sell bitcoin very cheap, start from  4.000 USD, not usually like other bitcoin transaction. i want to know whats your opinion about this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:10:05 PM

Don't know where you'd get your data but from what I read, the online auction will be held on March 19, 2018. The bidder registration started last March 5 and will last up until March 14. I can't find any detail saying that they already pushed through with the sale so my guess is that they will do it online at the scheduled date. There's also no data regarding the price of it until the said date so if you have other source of information, you could post it for everyone to know.

The article that I read consisting the information that I mentioned above is in this link.
grimesrhymes

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:21:01 PM

As we know, yesterday U.S. Marshals has Sell bitcoin almost $25 Million by auction. is there any hidden agenda why they do that, because the problem is they sell bitcoin very cheap, start from  4.000 USD, not usually like other bitcoin transaction. i want to know whats your opinion about this.

If it is by auction then the starting price doesn't really matter. Of the ones that I've seen happen in the past the majority actually ended up selling the coins above the current market rate (I guess people feel it's a more legitimate way to buy?). It's never going to go for much below the market rate because it's such an easy way for people to profit if that was the case, they would just buy and dump it right away.

onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:34:19 PM

I wish I had been at that auction, since I'm sure they probably sold it for quite a big discount due to the low attendance familiar with bitcoin. Still, I think it's good news, because at least they understand it's a valuable asset, I'd like to know if they paid tax on the sale.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀