Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:56:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 4th Generation Blockchain? How this works?  (Read 139 times)
Rightchoice (OP)

Activity: 347
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:31:59 AM

I am least wishful to sound stupid, but how is this thing going to work? https://www.multiversum.io

It’s as they say the 4TH generation of blockchain with different types of data, related in a multidimensional structure. I am certainly no expert at all!

That’s why I like to know what you guys feel about this? Is there something like this already in the market?

I am somewhat excited, but not sure how it is going to pick up and whether this is a worthy deal?
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:37:43 AM

We barely know the first gen blockchain.. Here's the list:
1st gen - Bitcoin
2nd gen - Ethereum
3rd gen - Ark
4th gen - multiversum

I didn't do much research, but I don't like these claims of a "new blockchain" appering every day..

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Zendalet

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:39:26 AM

The first blockchain is still the most valued one and we're still exploring its applications. Why do we need a 4th generation? Are you exited about new generations for the sake of novelty?
stronghands4lyfe

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 12:39:55 AM

It isn't anything more than a buzzword to get you hooked I believe. If there is any merit to it I certainly haven't heard of this before and I have been here for quite a bit of time now. I don't claim to know everything though but the generation thing feels like how blockchain has the past couple of hears. All hype, no meaning behind it.

Rightchoice (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:41:45 AM

We barely know the first gen blockchain.. Here's the list:
1st gen - Bitcoin
2nd gen - Ethereum
3rd gen - Ark
4th gen - multiversum

I didn't do much research, but I don't like these claims of a "new blockchain" appering every day..

Ark? What is that?

As per this, I think most ICOs you see have very much similar route, but this Multiversum looks very unique from all this especially with this 4th generation structure. As someone who is not an expert, it's extremely hard to make an accurate judgment. This is the reason why a person with sufficient knowledge and experience needs to give their views. And I am waiting just for that.
Rightchoice (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:45:16 AM

The first blockchain is still the most valued one and we're still exploring its applications. Why do we need a 4th generation? Are you exited about new generations for the sake of novelty?

Yes, definitely. I believe you eventually get tired of eating same thing over and over again. So this seems SOMETHING unique/different.

At least, I have NEVER heard about this 4th Generation before. But I am not certainly random on this, the features they have listed (if they manage) then looks fairly decent.
Zendalet

Merit: 12

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:45:30 AM

It isn't anything more than a buzzword to get you hooked I believe. If there is any merit to it I certainly haven't heard of this before and I have been here for quite a bit of time now. I don't claim to know everything though but the generation thing feels like how blockchain has the past couple of hears. All hype, no meaning behind it.

I feel the same. If the only positive thing you can say about your coin is that it's a next generation coin, you must have nothing worth of value to say.

Is the structure of the blockchain really the biggest problem we're facing in the current regulatory landscape?
beigai

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:54:58 AM

We all know that the representative of the first generation of blockchain is Bitcoin.
The representative of the second generation of blockchain is the representative of Ethereum.
And the third generation of blockchain, there are more and more projects added, but the facts on the other hand, many of the so-called third-generation blockchains have not yet been implemented.
Does it make sense to jump out of the fourth-generation blockchain at this time?
I think that everything is just a gimmick, and everything has to wait until it is realized.

Rightchoice (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:55:14 AM

Maybe my question got pushed away. I wanted to know whether there was anything like this in market already or not. But seems not. How can it be all hype? I mean, I am not sure about this. I get the hype part when it’s claimed randomly, but if you read their whitepaper, there is PROPER logic and stuff behind the process.

Now if anyone is just going to point out parts without actually knowing what this is about, then it will just never have right answers. So, maybe the right way to judge it on merit is by looking at it.
doctorlw1

Activity: 92
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:07:59 AM

I mean, it does make sense to differentiate in this fashion:

1st gen: blockchain currencies
2nd gen: blockchain w/ applications
3rd gen: ability to communicate/interact between blockchains
4th gen: from my understanding, attempts to be an ecosystem of various chains/sidechains.

that said, what others have pointed out here is totally valid. i agree it is getting ridiculous that all these projects are labeling themselves as such, especially w/ 4th gen. everyone is so desperate to find the next ethereum you have people going nuts with these projects like the one posted here or Polkadot which are years away from materializing in any way in a landscape that changes daily. as for your question if there are others: yes, there are many so called 4th gen blockchain projects... as mentioned Polkadot, cosmos,seele are a few considered as such
Rightchoice (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:11:36 AM

We all know that the representative of the first generation of blockchain is Bitcoin.
The representative of the second generation of blockchain is the representative of Ethereum.
And the third generation of blockchain, there are more and more projects added, but the facts on the other hand, many of the so-called third-generation blockchains have not yet been implemented.
Does it make sense to jump out of the fourth-generation blockchain at this time?
I think that everything is just a gimmick, and everything has to wait until it is realized.

I think first two are obviously clear and understood. I think it’s slightly wrong to say it’s all gimmick, as same things were said regarding Ethereum as well, but it turned out to be a brilliant option, so not exactly right to call this as nothing. But yeah, it’s too early to make any judgment.
Rightchoice (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:35:03 PM

I mean, it does make sense to differentiate in this fashion:

1st gen: blockchain currencies
2nd gen: blockchain w/ applications
3rd gen: ability to communicate/interact between blockchains
4th gen: from my understanding, attempts to be an ecosystem of various chains/sidechains.

that said, what others have pointed out here is totally valid. i agree it is getting ridiculous that all these projects are labeling themselves as such, especially w/ 4th gen. everyone is so desperate to find the next ethereum you have people going nuts with these projects like the one posted here or Polkadot which are years away from materializing in any way in a landscape that changes daily. as for your question if there are others: yes, there are many so called 4th gen blockchain projects... as mentioned Polkadot, cosmos,seele are a few considered as such

Starting from your point. I was certainly now ware of those names you mentioned, so thank you for putting it forward. I think you can take it two ways. Some people are overly excited while some are overly harsh.

I prefer to be in middle room. We got to take things specifically instead of declaring one mind set. I at no point will say this is going to be the BEST or anything of that kind.

I am certainly not desperate to find next Ethereum or even Litecoin for that matter. I am just looking for option that got it’s own standing. This one Multiversum, I don’t know where it’s going to stand, but it got all the potential you look for.
Hung Yu So

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:20:37 PM

This is a very good option but it will take time to grow as like Ethereum did. I don’t know if it can reach to that level but this got potential to be a good option in future. It all depends on how it will work.
ICOselector2018z

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:45:23 PM

I had trouble understanding the first Blockchain and now 4th?  Grin
Joseph R. Cord

Activity: 145

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:51:50 PM

I don’t think there is too much difference. It is only quicker and easier to use, so there is no difference with understanding it. The option is good but I will reserve my opinion for time being. So let see.
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1278

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 06:20:12 PM

I read through the whitepaper of them and it has really a good project to take off. Even the blockchain technology is pretty new and most of the world technology has started using them just this year. There were people who said Ethereum is a scam project which implemented its own blockchain which was called to be the Blockchain 2.0 where Smart Contracts were a good innovation. Blockchain 3.0 is still itself in the starting stage with cardano and it is too early to think about Blockchain 4.0

But multiversum has took a unique approach on the project by implementing the 4th gen blockchain which consists of Splittable chains and also reducing the transaction speed to as low as 0.2 seconds. Multiversum also uses Proof of Integrity instead of Proof of Stake concept and the team is pretty active in the media for promoting their ICO. But on the downward side they may even fail if the idea is not implemented properly.
Rightchoice (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:25:20 PM

This is a very good option but it will take time to grow as like Ethereum did. I don’t know if it can reach to that level but this got potential to be a good option in future. It all depends on how it will work.

Yes, that is what I said too, it’s not going to be great from outset, but it has the potential that we generally look for. That is the reason why I am watching this with keen interest, as projects like these are life changer.
Rightchoice (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:28:26 PM

I read through the whitepaper of them and it has really a good project to take off. Even the blockchain technology is pretty new and most of the world technology has started using them just this year. There were people who said Ethereum is a scam project which implemented its own blockchain which was called to be the Blockchain 2.0 where Smart Contracts were a good innovation. Blockchain 3.0 is still itself in the starting stage with cardano and it is too early to think about Blockchain 4.0

But multiversum has took a unique approach on the project by implementing the 4th gen blockchain which consists of Splittable chains and also reducing the transaction speed to as low as 0.2 seconds. Multiversum also uses Proof of Integrity instead of Proof of Stake concept and the team is pretty active in the media for promoting their ICO. But on the downward side they may even fail if the idea is not implemented properly.

You are the ONLY person who actually understood what I was trying to mention. As most people came and started bashing. It’s these kinds of projects that are to look at, as you already mentioned. Ethereum too was put up as a scam and received fair amount of criticism, but look where it is now. So, I am not saying that this is the ULTIMATE thing, but I am saying is that look at this it is a good option, so that’s all!
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:30:22 PM

I think this is too early to think or talk about block chain 4.0. We have just started base version and major part of the world still not known of this and few are hesitating to accept but we are talking about the most advanced or demandless version of block chain. Hope it may take several years to adopt this 4.0 version.  

ohlawdy

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:41:50 PM

It is all just marketing bullshit , we aren't even close to the full potential of the ''normal'' blockchain.
When i read claims like this i am extra careful with the project.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: