Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:25:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet Address at The Comments Section  (Read 119 times)
as9ardia (OP)

Activity: 541
Merit: 137

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 12:49:06 AM

firstly, i wanna says sorry if this post might have been discussed before and i didn't find it.  Wink
I just visited some bounty threads. in all threads that I visited, i always found comment that containing wallet address, including high rank accounts.
just simple question, IS THAT OK? put your wallet address at the comment thread?
if isn't, why there a lot of comment that containing wallet address at bounty thread
thanks  Smiley  Wink

///Back from hiatus////
Say F to Virus!!!
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
as9ardia (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 01:25:17 AM

If your question is about why they are posting their wallet adress i think that they are participating in bounty 'signature' or something like that and it's normal it's just an adress not the private key Smiley
Oh, I see. so you think it's fine.
yep, i see some of them take a part as signature campign participants  Roll Eyes

///Back from hiatus////
Say F to Virus!!!
yaazcryptos

Activity: 182
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:29:00 AM

yes it completely fine, people put for bounty i suppose Smiley or maybe donation?
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:47:44 AM

firstly, i wanna says sorry if this post might have been discussed before and i didn't find it.  Wink
I just visited some bounty threads. in all threads that I visited, i always found comment that containing wallet address, including high rank accounts.
just simple question, IS THAT OK? put your wallet address at the comment thread?
if isn't, why there a lot of comment that containing wallet address at bounty thread
thanks  Smiley  Wink

It's fine. Displaying your address somewhere won't compromise your coins or anything. Your private key can't be derived from your address alone, at least with current technology.

It may compromise your privacy though, as every single one of your transactions with that address is going to be traceable to you. You can use mixers or exchanges with different receiving addresses and sending addresses, etc.

anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 05:21:19 AM

firstly, i wanna says sorry if this post might have been discussed before and i didn't find it.  Wink
thanks  Smiley  Wink
Because that bounty campaign require your wallet address where they can send their token to you. Other people can see all information of that wallet like transactions, token in your wallet, and nothing more. So i can say IT IS OK

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
Prolly11

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:08:05 AM

It's because they ask for the wallet address in the bounty instructions.

They usually say, if you want to apply then state your member name, rank, and then eth address. And that's why people put their addresses... it's part of the application.
as9ardia (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 09:27:14 AM

thanks for all answer mentioned above, it really help, especially for me that still new to this forum  Wink
bless you all  Smiley

///Back from hiatus////
Say F to Virus!!!
t4syarosmala

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:59:16 PM

In addition to,
even bounty managers put various data from participants in the campaign spreadsheet as joint monitoring. You'll find hundreds or even thousands of wallet addresses, not just that. Social media accounts are also included there.
as9ardia (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 11:19:44 PM

In addition to,
even bounty managers put various data from participants in the campaign spreadsheet as joint monitoring. You'll find hundreds or even thousands of wallet addresses, not just that. Social media accounts are also included there.
is that safe? i mean put our account over there. sorry, but i really new  Wink Smiley

///Back from hiatus////
Say F to Virus!!!
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:23:55 AM

In addition to,
is that safe? i mean put our account over there. sorry, but i really new  Wink Smiley

As I've previously mentioned, it's completely safe. Other people will be able to see your balance and transactions, and that's it. There's no way anyone can ever steal your funds by simply knowing your address.

As for social media accounts, people usually use accounts that are solely meant for bounties, so their identities are not compromised or anything.

as9ardia (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 02:50:59 PM

As I've previously mentioned, it's completely safe. Other people will be able to see your balance and transactions, and that's it. There's no way anyone can ever steal your funds by simply knowing your address.

As for social media accounts, people usually use accounts that are solely meant for bounties, so their identities are not compromised or anything.
ok. thank you. i think, i should try to joined alteast 1 bounty campaign. thanks for your suggest/input..  Smiley Wink

///Back from hiatus////
Say F to Virus!!!
t4syarosmala

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:34:11 PM

~
Thanks for helping answer it. Wink

ok. thank you. i think, i should try to joined alteast 1 bounty campaign. thanks for your suggest/input..  Smiley Wink
You're welcome, and I just wanna give 1 tip, if you really wanna join in bounty, dont forget to check your social media account at least once a week.
This forum has been fouled by some scammer accounts that exploit the weaknesses of other members to seek profits by cunning ways.
If your social media account in a spreadsheet doubles or more by listing a different wallet address (not yours), feel free to report to the bounty manager. It is a scammer.
as9ardia (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 10:00:32 AM

You're welcome, and I just wanna give 1 tip, if you really wanna join in bounty, dont forget to check your social media account at least once a week.
This forum has been fouled by some scammer accounts that exploit the weaknesses of other members to seek profits by cunning ways.
If your social media account in a spreadsheet doubles or more by listing a different wallet address (not yours), feel free to report to the bounty manager. It is a scammer.
yup. I've experienced with that case, my telegram account's used by people who I do not know with a different wallet address with mine, but I think it's on an airdrop campaign. thanks for all your suggest  Wink

///Back from hiatus////
Say F to Virus!!!
as9ardia (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 11:30:46 PM

I think I've got the answer from the thread that i created. So I'll lock this thread  Wink Wink

///Back from hiatus////
Say F to Virus!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: