Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:45:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC Miners DESTROY GPU Mining? NEW Monero XMR FPGA ASIC & Electroneum ETN Miner  (Read 810 times)
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 03:16:09 AM

https://youtu.be/qAFU74g5ngw

Will ASIC/FPGA Miners destroy Cryptocurrency / GPU Mining? 2018 has been a wild year for crypto mining and GPU miners are now faced with a new enemy the Baikalminer Giant N Cryptonight "ASIC" miner . .
Baikalminer Giant N Official Sale Site - https://goo.gl/9VedoF

The Baikalminer Giant N can mine Cryptonight and Cryptonight Lite . . one could also speculate that Bitmain may have a Cryptonight ASIC miner up their sleeve however from I have heard I would say that I doubt that.

I recently covered GPU Mining Profitability - https://goo.gl/tnb6bz
FluffyPony Riccardo Spagni Asic Resistant - https://goo.gl/KyMvcg
Monero Asic Resistant POW Change? - https://goo.gl/hAJ15u

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:54:17 AM

So basically this Baikalminer Giant N is like having 10 x vega = 20kh and if they are saying it right, will use only 60 watts, dammed and here I thought they had not built any asic for cryptonight. I guess the thread I created "GPU mining will die in 2018!!" was spot on.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:26:22 AM

Just to keep the story straight though... this ASIC will not be able to mine Monero so it's usefulness is questionable.  The other Cryptonite coins are not considered super profitable.
badfad

Activity: 186
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:46:56 AM

The only question is how many CN coins will fork, considering that xmr is leading the way with the algo change HF.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:41:56 AM

Is like I said before, many coins will be able to be mined and many will not. Monero devs saw it coming, reason they will do the hard fork. At least monero devs are doing something, decred, pascal and other dev coins, nothing at all.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:00:25 AM

Do people actually mine CN anymore ?

It seems the ETN has died off and most went back to ETH or ZEC.

By mining CN you are losing money with most GPUs, even with the power savings.
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:13:48 AM

Baikal has been online for months already, that's the reason why CN GPU mining profitability tanked.

bk2000

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:49:08 AM

Scary how many new ASIC's are coming online these days.  Have be GPU only up until this point, but may be the time to start thinking about converting to ASIC's. 

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
mattcode
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:58:47 PM

The other Cryptonite coins are not considered super profitable.

The other CryptoNight coins are usually significantly more profitable to mine than Monero. https://www.cryptunit.com/ offers a nice comparison.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:09:28 PM

Baikal has been online for months already, that's the reason why CN GPU mining profitability tanked.

I myself had no idea about cryptonight asic and i have inside info, i guess the reason my sources did not say to me is to protect the idea of having cryptonight asics as inside mining, cryptonight asics were never to be found out of its existence and i guess equihash asics have been for 45 days mining it without people knowing it, people have been using those asics silently for months, reason why investors are not buying coins like used to, everything is crashing and all that is related to asics.

Max Likelihood

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:08:02 AM

I myself had no idea about cryptonight asic and i have inside info, i guess the reason my sources did not say to me is to protect the idea of having cryptonight asics as inside mining, cryptonight asics were never to be found out of its existence and i guess equihash asics have been for 45 days mining it without people knowing it, people have been using those asics silently for months, reason why investors are not buying coins like used to, everything is crashing and all that is related to asics.

Equihash Asics you say?
marinko9

Activity: 103
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:27:49 AM

I have been dual mining Siacoin (SC) and Monero (XMR) with my GPUs, but when ASIC came for the blake2b algorithm the difficultly to mine it with GPU increased so much that GPU mining is not an option any more so in this case the ASIC won and they are making huge profits at the moment. The interesting thing is that for a few months the Monero (XMR) profitability has also decreased a lot so I am not mining it either with GPUs.

I read now about the ASIC coming for the cryptonight algorithm and it all makes sense - the ASICs for cryptonight are already mining and I am curious will the upcoming Monero fork be able to save Monero from ASICs. In any case, the GPU list of coins is reducing and the ASIC list is increasing. The GPU prices are now too high and the GPU mining is 3 times less profitable than it was just 4 months ago which says a lot.
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:09:11 AM

Nice vid and good overall general attitude when it comes to these Asics and how Baikal can be when it comes to service. A decent scope for those new to the crypto world. Watch before you buy and decide if the risk is worth it for you.
Kahooli

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:58:02 PM

The devs just need to increase the cryptonote scratchpad memory size to 4MB and this miner will be shot. All the software is easily upgraded. All CPU miners will still be able to do it, though at reduced hashrate (still cache bound).

I guess I wont be mining XMRwith my intel movidius stick if they do though...
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:28:45 PM

I dont mind ASIC.
My main issue is ASIC makers who mine the hell out of coins and once the market is no more profitable for them, then only they will release their ASIC...
And for that reason, i'm OUT !
Nexillus

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:32:15 PM

I dont mind ASIC.
My main issue is ASIC makers who mine the hell out of coins and once the market is no more profitable for them, then only they will release their ASIC...
And for that reason, i'm OUT !

This +1, One reason until there is more competition and forcing release cycles to consumers and can meet demand is why I have not gone to ASICs.
RYXES

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:08:01 PM

Monero will fork and this ASIC miner will be almost pointless as the coins it will be able to mine will become extremely obsolete due to Monero's fork.

Merit me or don't.
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:46:35 PM

I love your videos Vosk but when you started talking about SIA coin not doing so well its as if you didn't even look at the chart.   It languished under a penny for how many years and then jumped to a ridiculously overpriced 9 cents when the asic was announced.  I mean its trading at quadruple of what it was at in March 2017.  I'm not arguing for or against ASICs but I don't know if I would exactly term it as "taking over their coin."

Also, I literally LOLed when you said "Is that a guy you are going to send $10,000 to?" hahahahaha classic!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: