Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:17:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SOMEONE JUST DESTROYED MY TRUST FOR NO REASON WTF  (Read 1689 times)
andrewboy44 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:00:58 AM

SOMEONE JUST WENT AND DESTROYED MY TRUST FOR NO REASON??? I SIMPLY ASKED FOR A LOAN AND NEXT THING YOU KNOW MY TRUST IS BEING DESTROYED? THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING THE FORUM MODS CAN DO ABOUT THIS... I worked way too hard on my account for this to happened... please help the mods see this post. That is dirty to whoever did that to my damn trust. Fuck you

fuck this vod guy. that is so wrong. I needed an important loan to win this auction on tradehill and he just destroyed any chances I had of getting this loan by tonight like I needed. Thanks a lot man. So fucking wrong https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=78166

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:01:43 AM

It was Vod, quite right too.
andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:03:21 AM

that is fucking dirty. I'm so pissed right now.
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:09:04 AM

Code:
Activity: 98
O Hai. I see you'r3 new here. Lemme let you 1n on a littl3 secr3t.

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT YOU OR YOUR 'HARD WORK' TO BUILD REP. GO TAKE A SHIT BETWEEN TWO PIECES OF BREAD AND EAT IT.
andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:12:26 AM

Code:
Activity: 98
O Hai. I see you'r3 new here. Lemme let you 1n on a littl3 secr3t.

I've been involved in btc for a while now. I'm sorry I didn't have the urge to join the forum when I first started. No need to be an ass

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT YOU OR YOUR 'HARD WORK' TO BUILD REP. GO TAKE A SHIT BETWEEN TWO PIECES OF BREAD AND EAT IT.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4610

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:15:46 AM

VOD didn't destroy your trust.

If someone was willing to give you a loan before VOD posted his opinion to your trust page, then they are still willing to do so.

One random guy named "VOD" saying: "This guy is looking for a loan!" does not a destroy a reputation.
andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:17:09 AM

VOD didn't destroy your trust.

If someone was willing to give you a loan before VOD posted his opinion to your trust page, then they are still willing to do so.

One random guy named "VOD" saying: "This guy is looking for a loan!" does not a destroy a reputation.
My trust is like -5 now... Nobody lends to people with bad trust period. Hell I wouldn't. He didn't have any right to mess up or even put that in my trust thing in my opinion.
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:21:50 AM

I also get false rep from a random guy, you can see my ratings, people are sometimes wanting much attention so they do such things. If you really are a reputable and honorable person, it will reflect with your dealings now and in the future. So don't work hard at having a + on your reps. Just be the person worthy of the reps and the rest will follow.  Wink
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:23:56 AM

My trust is like -5 now...

No.  It isn't.

You need to get a better understanding about how trust works around here if you're going to get all worked up about it.

As you can see from the attached image.  When I see your posts, I see a trust of:

0: -0 / +0 (0)
andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:27:33 AM

No.  It isn't.

You need to get a better understanding about how trust works around here if you're going to get all worked up about it.

As you can see from the attached image.  When I see your posts, I see a trust of:

I know how trust works. he either took it off or you arent clicking on my trust to see it.
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:27:59 AM

No.  It isn't.

I see -5, you must of untrusted Vod or something lol.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:30:59 AM

Of course I did.  And that's the point I'm trying to make.

The only people who will see the negative feedback from VOD are the people who trust VOD.  Those people who give VOD's opinions weight in their decision making process were not going to loan money to andrewboy44 in the first place.  Those who don't trust VOD aren't going to care what he has to say.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:31:33 AM

I know how trust works. he either took it off or you arent clicking on my trust to see it.

Clearly you don't, or you wouldn't be so freaked out right now.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:33:43 AM

My trust is like -5 now... Nobody lends to people with bad trust period. Hell I wouldn't. He didn't have any right to mess up or even put that in my trust thing in my opinion.

Actually, I do. In fact I encourage people with bad trust to borrow from me, provided that collateral is supplied Smiley

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:36:15 AM

Clearly you don't, or you wouldn't be so freaked out right now.

I didn't understand that part. Thanks for explaining that. It just made me extremely upset because I wanted this loan really bad to bid in the tradehill auction that ends at 12pm. But it's whatever now, thats obviously not happening. Thanks for explaining.
Fjordbit

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 01:47:44 AM

Of course I did.  And that's the point I'm trying to make.

The only people who will see the negative feedback from VOD are the people who trust VOD.  Those people who give VOD's opinions weight in their decision making process were not going to loan money to andrewboy44 in the first place.  Those who don't trust VOD aren't going to care what he has to say.

Well, yes and no. The default settings give this guy a trust of -5 because trust cascades. You might have set yours to 2, but the default is 3 steps, so it goes DefaultTrust -> Tomatocage -> Vod, putting him at -5.
Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:53:40 AM

As others have mentioned - you don't really need to worry too much about trust.

People will check on your credibility and decide whether they want to trust you or not. Not just by your trust indicator.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:55:02 AM

People will check on your credibility and decide whether they want to trust you or not. Not just by your trust indicator.

thank you, I know. Just kinda ticked me off because the loan at the time was very important. I overreacted, I know.
Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:57:14 AM

thank you, I know. Just kinda ticked me off because the loan at the time was very important. I overreacted, I know.

I just took a look at the details and I can immediately tell there's no basis for the negative score.

What I would look at is your posting history and how you handle yourself.

I'd say that was a good indicator of what sort of person you are Wink

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:59:46 AM

I just took a look at the details and I can immediately tell there's no basis for the negative score.

What I would look at is your posting history and how you handle yourself.

I'd say that was a good indicator of what sort of person you are Wink

haha me flipping out doesn't look very good lol. But its whatever. Its hard enough to gain trust in the btc community now with all the scams and mess going on and for someone to just do that to my trust for no reason ticked me off. But I'm just not going to worry about it anymore. Nothing I can do.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: