Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:57:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook bans ads for cryptocurrencies  (Read 1450 times)
automaticmoney

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:04:08 PM

facebook banning crypto currencies is due to central authority domination on their advertising client this kind of domination should be controlled that's why we have decentralized network blockchain in place
trand

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 09:22:36 PM

IT is a good thing because they are really annoying to me. You can see that most of cryptocurrency ads are about ICOs. ICOs somehow is not good in the crypto world. Too many advertisement on facebook can make other people misunderstand of what the cryptocurrency is

Domanity

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:55:54 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2018, 10:11:28 PM by Domanity

related to this news I have long heard it, but whether it is true or wrong I do not know, there must still be projects that include Facebook campaign. that means we still advertise Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency inside Facebook.
Brangos99

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:26:07 AM

Facebook prohibits all ads promoting financial products and services that are often associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary and cryptocurrency options. While banning cryptocurrency ads or digital currency circulating on the platform, does not mean Facebook is really anti with bitcoin and the like.
Ibrahim 2020

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:30:56 AM

they are previously taking back or loosening up there ban about cryptpcurrencies as obviously it is affecting their revenue. Blocking all kinds of crypto related ads is like shutting down an entire revenue from that industry. Even Google didn't pursue their plan on banning crypto ads. But what Google did is screen all of their ads to avoid showing off illegitimate cryptocurrencies that have a high  chance of turning out into scams.
xanxus.kun

Activity: 495

You have to get what you want your own way.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 05:33:46 AM

We can't blame the Facebook, a lot of people got scammed through this scheme, I guess this is the best move here to avoid such unwanted things, i mean most of the ico with facebook ads were scams or just hyping the crowd then ending up as a zero value or its just another move to create FUD.

Thogjold

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:52:03 PM

I read an article where Facebook intends to launch its own Cryptocurrency?? So are they for it or against it? What is really happening? Can someone clarify?
Rrotess

Activity: 264

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:01:19 PM

Another fud to bring the cryptocurencies down. I think we should see this as another attack and bitcoin price may come down because of the way many people on Facebook may interpret this. Bitcoin and blickchain technology can been used for scam but that doesn't mean any other forms of money can also be used for scam and fund raising. Facebook and Microsoft were in favor of bitcoin and other cryptocurencies before but lately there have started to attacked it for the reason best known to them.

Yeah, but i think facebook is just trying to protect people from ads relating to crypto, etc., in which may be a harm and a fraud to all of us. Not all of it of course. But with lots of news regarding the scams from everywhere, they are just doing what they think can protect us from illegal acts.
Yusuf77

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:10:01 PM

I read an article where Facebook intends to launch its own Cryptocurrency?? So are they for it or against it? What is really happening? Can someone clarify?
this is true. there may be too many reports of bitcoin or fake investments using cryptocurrency. so make a lot of things that actually use it also follow the flow. exposed banned
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:59:20 AM

IT is a good thing because they are really annoying to me. You can see that most of cryptocurrency ads are about ICOs. ICOs somehow is not good in the crypto world. Too many advertisement on facebook can make other people misunderstand of what the cryptocurrency is
Yeah, it was already even giving the wrong impression to the cryptocurrency space as a whole lot of people keep getting the wrong picture about the whole space being a scam.

Look at the way scam projects are being advertised for a very long time via facebook, some falling for it even at their first attempt and what else would we have expected. It has brought a saner environment, and now it is not like it is completely banned, but due process is followed in terms of verification as long as it involves cryptocurrency, even with respect to pages, and that to me is good enough.
Cinemo

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:03:33 AM

WASHINGTON- Facebook says it is banning all ads related to cryptocurrencies in an effort to fight scams.

The social media giant said it is barring ads for "financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, and cryptocurrency."

Initial coin offerings or ICOs are a way for companies to raise funds by selling investors cryptographic assets.

Fraud is common in the world of red-hot digital currencies such as bitcoin.

This week, for instance, the US Securities and Exchange Commission shut down an initial coin offering by a Texas company called AriseBank.

AriseBank was accused of relying on celebrity endorsers such as boxer Evander Holyfield and social media to cheat investors out of $600 million of its goal of $1 billion for a currency it called "AriseCoin."

In a blog post announcing the news, Facebook product management director Rob Leathern hinted that Facebook may modify the new policy at some point to allow bona fide crypto-related businesses to advertise again.

"We want people to continue to discover and learn about new products and services through Facebook ads without fear of scams or deception," Leathern wrote.

"That said, there are many companies who are advertising binary options, ICOs and cryptocurrencies that are not currently operating in good faith."

"This policy is intentionally broad while we work to better detect deceptive and misleading advertising practices, and enforcement will begin to ramp up across our platforms including Facebook, Audience Network and Instagram. We will revisit this policy and how we enforce it as our signals improve," he added.

read more here : http://news.abs-cbn.com/overseas/01/23/18/facebook-admits-social-media-threat-to-democracy
Facebook is banning cryptocurrency adds cause Mark zuckerberg is not believing that cryptocurrency will be our future someday. They all know that this day our cryptocurrencies are very popular in many country all over the world. Im sure that Mark Zuckerberg think that bitcoin and other cryptocurrency is a kind of scam
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:15:23 AM

This article that ruins in a campaign threads that facebook intends to launch there own cryptocurrency is a Fake news or FUD. That is not true because facebook wanted to pay the ICO ads. and promotion to be able to stop interrupting the cryptocurrency on ads.
Okrah

Activity: 144
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:09:13 AM

I don't think so why facebook bans ads cryptocurrency is it because they don't relate the advertisement or for it only gave hasle to them.

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:06:25 AM

WASHINGTON- Facebook says it is banning all ads related to cryptocurrencies in an effort to fight scams.

The social media giant said it is barring ads for "financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, and cryptocurrency."

Initial coin offerings or ICOs are a way for companies to raise funds by selling investors cryptographic assets.

This week, for instance, the US Securities and Exchange Commission shut down an initial coin offering by a Texas company called AriseBank.

AriseBank was accused of relying on celebrity endorsers such as boxer Evander Holyfield and social media to cheat investors out of $600 million of its goal of $1 billion for a currency it called "AriseCoin."

In a blog post announcing the news, Facebook product management director Rob Leathern hinted that Facebook may modify the new policy at some point to allow bona fide crypto-related businesses to advertise again.

"We want people to continue to discover and learn about new products and services through Facebook ads without fear of scams or deception," Leathern wrote.

"That said, there are many companies who are advertising binary options, ICOs and cryptocurrencies that are not currently operating in good faith."

"This policy is intentionally broad while we work to better detect deceptive and misleading advertising practices, and enforcement will begin to ramp up across our platforms including Facebook, Audience Network and Instagram. We will revisit this policy and how we enforce it as our signals improve," he added.

read more here : http://news.abs-cbn.com/overseas/01/23/18/facebook-admits-social-media-threat-to-democracy

Just wait, they will lift up that banning again. And eventually, all crypto shall rise up again and of course there will be another Fud to bring the price lower again.
kidamazo

Activity: 289

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:27:39 PM

Yeah, I heard about that, but they can not prevent us from posting news about cryptocurrency, they can just forbid a paid advertisement on their site
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:32:46 PM

this is bad! i am not in favor facebook’s decision banning cryptocurrency ads.

Yeah, I heard about that, but they can not prevent us from posting news about cryptocurrency, they can just forbid a paid advertisement on their site
Not to panic dudes. This news bit has now been overtaken by events. Haven't you guys read recently that Facebook is embarking on its own coin, the Facecoin? Surprising how these money bags quickly change in their positions on things. It's in the news but I can't lay my hands right now on that link where I read it last week. But just Google it anyway. It's in the public domain.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:04:43 AM

facebook banning crypto currencies is due to central authority domination on their advertising client this kind of domination should be controlled that's why we have decentralized network blockchain in place
Well, irrespective of the decentralized ad space that keeps coming up, one thing I am sure of is the fact that the attempt with respect to the advert ban on Facebook and the rest who followed the same course was for a good reason and I guess that reason has actually paved way for a sane environment.

Looking at the way scam has reduced to a little extent via the ad space, and phishing attacks via Google ad space, I believe no well seeing human will not know why it is more positive to see this to have happened than negative.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:13:12 AM

What infect have this have on cryptocurrencies as I see that since March icos are still being prompted on facebook.  Stoping cryptocurrencies ads or banning it will not change anything and it will be like taking us backwards in the development of internet technology.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:16:35 AM

The reason why facebook is banning cryptocurrency ads is that, not every ico today are paying their participants and some are just scamming other people, that is the reason why facebook is banning cryptocurrency ads on their social media.

Shadon24

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:41:56 AM

Another fud to bring the cryptocurencies down. I think we should see this as another attack and bitcoin price may come down because of the way many people on Facebook may interpret this. Bitcoin and blickchain technology can been used for scam but that doesn't mean any other forms of money can also be used for scam and fund raising. Facebook and Microsoft were in favor of bitcoin and other cryptocurencies before but lately there have started to attacked it for the reason best known to them.
The ban on ads related to Facebook encryption has further cemented the rumors that social networking is poised to advance into the world of digital money. Many suspect that fb is preparing to launch their own currency
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: