Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:54:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook bans ads for cryptocurrencies  (Read 1450 times)
rossr1

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:40:29 AM

Another fud to bring the cryptocurencies down. I think we should see this as another attack and bitcoin price may come down because of the way many people on Facebook may interpret this. Bitcoin and blickchain technology can been used for scam but that doesn't mean any other forms of money can also be used for scam and fund raising. Facebook and Microsoft were in favor of bitcoin and other cryptocurencies before but lately there have started to attacked it for the reason best known to them.

And there are the signs of Bitcoin worthiness. Government will not battle with the thing that making no difference, so for me it's only assured me that bitcoin is our future, and we need to fight for it.
katerinaliisa

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:55:22 AM

Heard such a news, but she herself did not encounter the Facebook account lockout

AIDUS.IO ▲▼ Global Decentralized Funding Platform
• ● PRE-SALE START: 11 DEC 2018 ● • (https://aidus.io/)
Firefox07

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:36:59 PM

I think this new is not true.there are still ads in facebook about cryptocurrency. This news are spread by those people who want to put cryptos down .

petrobit

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:01:03 PM

now the facebook restrictions are removed, as far as I know. an interesting maneuver, is not it?) I think that facebook is preparing to advance its project in the crypt sphere.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬   
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
Noilee

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:15:45 PM

I also read the news that about banning the facebbok ads is not sure if this is true because of today's fake news coverage so we just have to wait for the right results here because it has a huge effect on cryptocurrency because facebook one in ways to spread cryptocurrency around the globe in the amount of users it really impacts.
We don't need to worry about this fake news. Instead Facebook was continue to promote cryptourrencies and if we notice on Facebook there is still an adds for cryptocurrencies. Those people are spread a fake news are not have an idea about cryptocurrencies.
ValerieBTC

Activity: 153
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:29:48 AM

WASHINGTON- Facebook says it is banning all ads related to cryptocurrencies in an effort to fight scams.

The social media giant said it is barring ads for "financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, and cryptocurrency."

Initial coin offerings or ICOs are a way for companies to raise funds by selling investors cryptographic assets.

Fraud is common in the world of red-hot digital currencies such as bitcoin.

This week, for instance, the US Securities and Exchange Commission shut down an initial coin offering by a Texas company called AriseBank.

AriseBank was accused of relying on celebrity endorsers such as boxer Evander Holyfield and social media to cheat investors out of $600 million of its goal of $1 billion for a currency it called "AriseCoin."

In a blog post announcing the news, Facebook product management director Rob Leathern hinted that Facebook may modify the new policy at some point to allow bona fide crypto-related businesses to advertise again.

"We want people to continue to discover and learn about new products and services through Facebook ads without fear of scams or deception," Leathern wrote.

"That said, there are many companies who are advertising binary options, ICOs and cryptocurrencies that are not currently operating in good faith."

"This policy is intentionally broad while we work to better detect deceptive and misleading advertising practices, and enforcement will begin to ramp up across our platforms including Facebook, Audience Network and Instagram. We will revisit this policy and how we enforce it as our signals improve," he added.

read more here : http://news.abs-cbn.com/overseas/01/23/18/facebook-admits-social-media-threat-to-democracy
It’s no longer a problem now cause they have reserved the ban on cryptocurrencies, but it has not taken effect yet, they will allow crypto companies to advertise their business very soon. The news is even all over the internet and I just read it last week. The way I’m seeing it, once the release takes effect very soon, I believe it will help to boost the price of Bitcoin and even attract new investors to invest their money in cryptocurrencies.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:54:37 AM

As far as i know, facebook now remove the ban for the advertisement of cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies are now free to advertise their ICO or whatsoever in the platform of facebook. I think facebook realizes the profit that they can lose if they will ban cryptocurrency advertisement since facebook is one of the ideal platform for the team of a coin to promote their product.
chrisculanag

Activity: 1344
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:03:58 AM

As far as i know, facebook now remove the ban for the advertisement of cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies are now free to advertise their ICO or whatsoever in the platform of facebook. I think facebook realizes the profit that they can lose if they will ban cryptocurrency advertisement since facebook is one of the ideal platform for the team of a coin to promote their product.

That`s a good news to all users and promoters of ico`s in facebook . I think facebook afraid of lose if cryptocurrencies ads are banned because many ico`s need another social medias that accepting Crypto work and this is a big lose of facebook . Almost 35% of Facebook users are related in ICO or crypto . I think facebook put a limit only in advertising but not banned crypto.

TranTrongit

Activity: 340
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 09:08:27 AM

exactly .  facebook has unbans bicoin and crypto.  These will continue to prohibit binary option ads and ICO ads.
https://news.bitcoin.com/facebook-unbans-cryptocurrency-ads/
likerseld

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:03:28 AM

I think Facebook prohibits cryptocurrency advertising because of various pressures. Because too many people complain about cryptocurrency scams, and the government has no clear laws to deal with, companies can only ban first to respond.
I have heard that facebook has revert their decision of banning crypto ads. If this is true , then other social media like google, twitter etc will also lift their bans on digital currency ads and in a way it will be a positive news for the bitcoins and it will really help the bitcoin growth.
allaking

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:19:58 AM

This is an old and stale news. Facebook has not ban crypto ads. It has allowed it. Lets consider this as null and void

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:21:58 PM

I think Facebook prohibits cryptocurrency advertising because of various pressures. Because too many people complain about cryptocurrency scams, and the government has no clear laws to deal with, companies can only ban first to respond.

I do not think that Facebook really worries very much about the deceived people. Simply initially, FB was planning to invent their own cryptocurrency.
Boris_sahnevich

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:57:51 AM

So far, only in words. They do not take any action.
rossr1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:16:34 PM

Facebook partially lifted the ban on advertising cryptocurrency, which had been in effect for the last six months. The right to advertise bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies will not be received by all companies, but only those that will be tested by Facebook. This is already good news.
kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:09:07 AM

This is an old and stale news. Facebook has not ban crypto ads. It has allowed it. Lets consider this as null and void
Well I don’t know much about so don’t want to comment on it concretely but just to ask people why they are making fuds if they don’t know anything. What Facebook have done with this bitcoins, we really don’t know the real thing. So when someone isn’t confirmed with some news, never ever spread it. Because it can be a source of destruction for someone. So please refrain from it.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 07:31:35 AM

this is already from last year. and I deeply regret this. when advertising investment and digital trading are the same, but crypto in tires, while forex is not. whereas both are engaged in the same field, namely investment and digital trading.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Indai24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:58:07 AM

this is already from last year. and I deeply regret this. when advertising investment and digital trading are the same, but crypto in tires, while forex is not. whereas both are engaged in the same field, namely investment and digital trading.

I was not able to participate their campaign when they used to have it on facebook but I guess it's okay because facebook is not the only social media that everyone can access, there are still a lot.
rossr1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 01:09:08 PM

IT is a good thing because they are really annoying to me. You can see that most of cryptocurrency ads are about ICOs. ICOs somehow is not good in the crypto world. Too many advertisement on facebook can make other people misunderstand of what the cryptocurrency is

In some way you are right. Because too much advertisement about benefits from using crypto can kill the popularity of it. But burning all ads on Facebook is not a good idea. It must be controlled.
piter_wip12592

Activity: 219
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 01:55:16 PM

Existing facebook has allowed bitcoin ads. This is good news for bitcoin lovers. I hope that this market will grow strongly.
AirFlame

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:36:01 AM

Another fud to bring the cryptocurencies down. I think we should see this as another attack and bitcoin price may come down because of the way many people on Facebook may interpret this. Bitcoin and blickchain technology can been used for scam but that doesn't mean any other forms of money can also be used for scam and fund raising. Facebook and Microsoft were in favor of bitcoin and other cryptocurencies before but lately there have started to attacked it for the reason best known to them.

And there are the signs of Bitcoin worthiness. Government will not battle with the thing that making no difference, so for me it's only assured me that bitcoin is our future, and we need to fight for it.
The banning of crypto currency ads on facebook and other social media is also benefit in a way as people were falling victim of scam ico through their attractive advertisements. Now the ordinary person will not fall for it as there will be no such ICO ads. Its is good in a way to keeps scams out of digitial currency world.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: